Harper's Bazaar Poland

malignant_dolly

Worker Bee
Jan 22, 2012
Poland
Actually we're waiting for the first issue which is expected to came out on Valentine's day! but i just wanted to share the cover. Beautiful, right?
25934_463606497042513_315671603_n.jpg

omgg her eeyes!!!, she is gorgeous!!, perfect girl, perfect cover. love it

That cover is gorgeous :luv:... Here in South America we mostly get sucky Bazaar covers :mad:

To be honest, I prefer Harper's Bazaar to Vogue. Vogue becomes more and more commercial. I mean, Kate U, Adele, Michelle Obama, really?

To be honest, I prefer Harper's Bazaar to Vogue. Vogue becomes more and more commercial. I mean, Kate U, Adele, Michelle Obama, really?

I agree with you on some level. Vogue still has some killer articles but .. ugh. I picked up Feb's today and everyone was bitching about howw Rihanna was a cover girl and it was seriously time to bring the models back.

On some level I think HB is classier? Anyway, so excited Poland got it's own national version.

Also, Dolly, I'm not sure if you're into interior decor, but my mum gets some of the Polish decor magazines, and I have to say, they are so much more avant garde and experimental and ... less commercial looking than the interiors featured in most of the ones in Canada. I'm curious to see how the fashion magazines will stack up one-to-one. I never read like Twoj Styl or whatever because that seems more on the level of Redbook, but if I come across Polish HB I definately want to pick it up!

Also, Dolly, I'm not sure if you're into interior decor, but my mum gets some of the Polish decor magazines, and I have to say, they are so much more avant garde and experimental and ... less commercial looking than the interiors featured in most of the ones in Canada. I'm curious to see how the fashion magazines will stack up one-to-one. I never read like Twoj Styl or whatever because that seems more on the level of Redbook, but if I come across Polish HB I definately want to pick it up!
Aww, it's always nice to read some good opinions about polish magazines! I was never interested in interior design but now I will definitely check them out!
About polish HB - people are SO complaining about the price. The cover says 11,90 pln, which means about 3 euro or 4 dollars. Is that really much? 11,90 is a price of big black coffee in Coffeheaven... Sometimes I got the impression that people are complaining only for fun. Really.
But can't wait for the first HB issue!

Aww, it's always nice to read some good opinions about polish magazines! I was never interested in interior design but now I will definitely check them out!
About polish HB - people are SO complaining about the price. The cover says 11,90 pln, which means about 3 euro or 4 dollars. Is that really much? 11,90 is a price of big black coffee in Coffeheaven... Sometimes I got the impression that people are complaining only for fun. Really.

It's funny you said that, because I looked at the price and my initial reaction was actually that it's quite reasonable! (and I find coffee in most places in Poland, including Coffeeheaven but especially Starbucks to be overpriced compared to here). Our HB runs about 6 dollars, and some magazines can be 7-10 even.

@Allie I would understand if HB would be a weekly... I expected that it will cost much more.
Elle Poland was trying to do their best so they revealled their march cover - Anja on one and JAC on another. Seriously, no comparison

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 1 cover and it already trumps the US Harper's Bazaar, which is undeniably 1 of the worst fashion magazines in existence atm (right alongside Vogue Portugal). It's very light and pretty, not to mention perfect for a spring issue. Really glad that they went with a Polish model for the debut issue, and obviously Malgosia is the best choice :p I really hope they stay loyal to Polish models like Vogue Netherlands is to Dutch models because there are SO MANY amazing Polish models. Anja Rubik, Zuzanna Bijoch, Magdalena Frackowiak, Malgosia Bela, Agnes Buzala, Patrycja Gardygajlo, Kasia Struss, Monika Jagaciak, Anna Jagodzinska, Janeta Samp, Marcelina Sowa, etc...

@71000 Sad thing is, in Poland they're not so popular. Maybe Anja, JAC and Magdalena but I am sure that people don't know who the f is Malgosia Bela...

This is the only time when I'm happy that my birthday and Valentine's Day are so close. What a delightful birthday treat :):luv:

People are seriously complaining? I think most magazines are around 10-15PLN these days, at least the interesting ones...

@71000 Sad thing is, in Poland they're not so popular. Maybe Anja, JAC and Magdalena but I am sure that people don't know who the f is Malgosia Bela...

Nah, she was in a few movies and in "Bez Tajemnic" (Polish version of In Treatment). She's "some model who can't act supposedly has some kind of a career but is probably a nobody".

They know "Dżoana" Krupa. Ok, now I'm just being mean.
But they know Kasia Struss as well and Zuzanna Bijoch appears in the media from time to time.

@Coffee_Girl yes, people are complaining! they keep telling that 12 PLN is still too much. I heard a girl telling that she COULD get a pair of shoes in this price. Well, good luck.

@Coffee_Girl yes, people are complaining! they keep telling that 12 PLN is still too much. I heard a girl telling that she COULD get a pair of shoes in this price. Well, good luck.

Those AREN'T shoes
z12063349Q,Japonki--HOuse--14-90zl.jpg

I hear many ridiculous things concerning prices but this must be in top five :)

Reactions: 1 user

LOLOLOL! She could! She just needs to go to Tesco!

The crazy thing is, most things in Poland are more expensive than they are over here. Especially when it comes to non-necessities, like clothes and shoes and jewellery, but also including electronics and whatnot.