Hannibal

Super Star
May 11, 2012
A psychological thriller-horror crime drama about serial killers that focuses on the relationship between the brilliant forensic psychologist (and cannibalistic serial killer) Dr. Hannibal Lector and gifted criminal profiler/serial killer hunter Will Graham. Will has a gift for pure empathy; he envisions himself committing the murders to understand the psyche of the killers.

Lots of blood, gore, and violence, but it's not vulgar. The serial killers are really unique; I like seeing the different ways they kill their victims.

Does anyone else watch this? It's so good, and I like that it's not like traditional crime series.

A psychological thriller-horror crime drama about serial killers that focuses on the relationship between the brilliant forensic psychologist (and cannibalistic serial killer) Dr. Hannibal Lector and gifted criminal profiler/serial killer hunter Will Graham. Will has a gift for pure empathy; he envisions himself committing the murders to understand the psyche of the killers.

Lots of blood, gore, and violence, but it's not vulgar. The serial killers are really unique; I like seeing the different ways they kill their victims.

Does anyone else watch this? It's so good, and I like that it's not like traditional crime series.

OMG ABSOLUTELY ADDICTED!!! This is by far the best crime show on TV right now. Pm me - I don't know anyone else that watches it and have been dying to talk about it :)

Reactions: 1 user
I have started watching it because of Mads Mikkelsen and I love it. :) I have only seen season 1 yet though.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

Love this show. I read all of the Thomas Harris books in high school; I just couldn't get enough Hannibal Lector.

Aaand casting Mads as Hannibal is definitely a huge bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be warned, I'm a total fangirl of that show. It is just gorgeous, fantastical cinematography, an intriguing relationship and a fresh adaption of the novels .

In short, I love it, especially Mads and his portrayal of Hannibal Lecter.

So good! Hannibal is the perfect man, apart from the killing and eating people thing..

Am I the only one who gets really excited about Will Graham's dogs?

And Dr. Bloom's dog, Applesauce. The name kills me :grin:

I just love Mads, I've seen them filming a few times near mine and seeing Mads on the pavement a block away from where I live just made me start watching, I love what I've seen!

tumblr_inline_mfck9hKO8c1rshh6w.gif
tumblr_inline_mfgfodD4aR1rshh6w.gif
tumblr_inline_n1mxvkztZ31qmwvu5.gif

tumblr_inline_mptbd4Djj81qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_inline_mlueeoVI6O1qz4rgp.gif
tumblr_mot3gwROZP1ssna36o1_500.gif

Mads and Hugh:luv:

tumblr_mqgmwrBOzs1qdfcjyo1_500.gif

I love this show. It's so dark and artistic; the murders are almost enchantingly depicted, and of course Hannibal's dichotomies are wonderfully interesting. And Hannibal is such a monster, but with the most exquistly refined of palates.

The imagery and the tone really draws you in so that you actually see beauty in the various murders that are showcased. (That totem pole!? The violin-larynx?) The fact it's filmed in and around Toronto is like a cherry on top.

Also omg what is it about Mads!?!

I so relieved that the show just got picked up for a 3rd season, after last year when they waited so long to confirm season 2.

I was so relieved too when season 3 was confirmed. I would have hated it if this wonderful and artistic show would have ended because of such stupid reasons.
So yay, very much looking forward to season 3 and trying to make my best friend watch it too, so we'll be able to discuss it together.

I downloaded the first two seasons about a month ago, and I was actually almost glad my laptop is a PoS, because I was seriously on my way to binge watching the entire thing in one go. Normally, I can't stand crime/thriller shows (Law and Order bores me to tears), but this one has everything I love in a series. I'm so excited for season three.

Ah Hugh is such a cutie, I prefer mads though.
I loved Abigail too, the season finale totally shook me up.

I agree with all of the reasons you guys have mentioned above for watching the show (macabre beauty, Hannibal's sophistication, well written, and of course, Mads :luvluv:).

However, for me one of the greatest appeals of the show is its focus on the culinary aspect. I am marvelled at the amazingly creative and almost menacing-looking food styling in the show, and as an amateur cook, I found myself always looking forward to see what Hannibal was cooking in that episode and how he would present it, wonderful. I also tried to recreate some of the dishes he made (without the human content, of course).

And what can be sexier than Mads Mikkelsen cooking? I mean...

tumblr_mnor3qn5uP1ssblqmo1_500.jpg

(from Tumblr)

I started watching Hannibal last Sunday, after having waited quite a while - I had initially planned to read Red Dragon before watching the series adaption but I couldn't wait anymore. Yesterday I watched the last episode of season 2, and am now struggling with abstinence. Seriously love this show, as mentioned I love the culinary aspect, the cinematography in general, and really like Hannibal and Wills interaction and relationship and their characters on their own too. Just gonna have to wait until next year for more.. :headbang:

If I find the time I'll surely rewatch series one and two before next season starts. It is just such a good show.
Also I love how when you look at the food, you are so tempted to find it yummy, but you know, it's people, so it's much easier to resist temptation than with "normal" food. It also really helps me appreciate the quality over quantity mentality. Because in the end, a yummy, well prepared and healthy meal, is so much more satisfying.