Hanne Gaby Odiele

Um...I'm not saying that I prefer the "healthy" look, as in, I prefer people to look fat -- I'm just saying that there's a difference between looking thin and looking cachectic.

I know what you're saying. But she does not look at all sick - and comparing her body to one that is cachectic?!? You are going to the ridiculous extremes here.

She's known to have an eating disorder, right? She doesn't look all that healthy in this photo. It's not that she's thin -- lots of models are equally thin -- but she looks like she's lost the normal subcutaneous fat that covers the skull, especially in the temporal area. I don't think it's extreme, but I think she's getting into the realm of looking like someone who is ill rather than someone who is merely thin. What do you guys think?

I disagree--i definitely don't think she looks too skinny and she doesn't look ill..to me she just looks like a model and a very pretty one at that

I know what you're saying. But she does not look at all sick - and comparing her body to one that is cachectic?!? You are going to the ridiculous extremes here.
It's not her body (which looks pretty normal), it's her face. Her face just doesn't look right to me. But maybe that's just the way her face naturally is -- maybe it always looks like her skin is stretched directly over her skull. Anyways, if you guys think she looks fine, then I'm willing to stand corrected :)

Reactions: 1 user
Boss-Orange-Summer-2012-Online-Campaign-02.jpg

I don't usually find her face at all appealing, but when her hair's down and not slicked back she looks quite stunning!

Hanne_x200_x290.jpg

I don't usually find her face at all appealing, but when her hair's down and not slicked back she looks quite stunning!

Yeah I think it would help if her eyebrows were more defined and visible.

Harper's Bazaar Turkey August 2013 : Hanne Gaby Odiele by Gianluca Fontana

Photographer: Gianluca Fontana
Stylist: Sara Francia
tumblr_mqp7ilUoQW1rqgozmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqpg5qEdkJ1rqgozmo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mqpg5qEdkJ1rqgozmo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mqpg5qEdkJ1rqgozmo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_mqpg5qEdkJ1rqgozmo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_mqpg5qEdkJ1rqgozmo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_mqpg5qEdkJ1rqgozmo7_1280.jpg

I thought these were just beautiful :oops:

In some photos, her face seems really pretty and lovely but then in others I just don't like it at all. Lovely legs though, certainly.

It's not her body (which looks pretty normal), it's her face. Her face just doesn't look right to me. But maybe that's just the way her face naturally is -- maybe it always looks like her skin is stretched directly over her skull. Anyways, if you guys think she looks fine, then I'm willing to stand corrected :)

I think it's her skull, really. When she has her hair down and eyebrows more defined, she instantly looks better, but when it's slicked back or whatnot, she suddenly veers into ill-looking territory. I think it's like Abbey Lee and her pink hair - your hair can really make or break how you look.

I don't think you should say shit like that

I know, I'm sorry - I take it back. I'm not sure what I was thinking (I read somewhere that she has an ED, but I should know better than to trust random shit I read on the internet).

She's known to have an eating disorder, right? She doesn't look all that healthy in this photo. It's not that she's thin -- lots of models are equally thin -- but she looks like she's lost the normal subcutaneous fat that covers the skull, especially in the temporal area. I don't think it's extreme, but I think she's getting into the realm of looking like someone who is ill rather than someone who is merely thin. What do you guys think?

:wtf: :mad:

In some photos, her face seems really pretty and lovely but then in others I just don't like it at all.

yeah, I don't think there is anything inbetween. Either yah or nah, but at least she has an interesting face.

I just read on fashionspot.com that HGO is pretty short in person.