Hanaa Ben Abdesslem

Super Star
May 11, 2012
Part of a steadily rising wave of Arab models going international, along with Hind Sahli. Can't say that I'm a fan of her look, but I'm interested in seeing how her career goes (her Lancome contract will probably keep her C/D list at least, just like Arlenis) and whether or not Arab models are just a trend, or if the fashion industry is really becoming more accepting of ethnic models.

Surprised at her Lancome contract though, mainly because of her facial structure and unique beauty.

index.php

index.php

168053_10150133479482392_22512657391_7827927_6985532_n.jpg

16817718738833129233210.jpg

h2.jpg

h1.jpg

h4.jpg

h3.jpg

00130h.jpg

V12980239151274663_5.jpg

First Name: Hanaa
Last Name: Ben Abdesslem
Nationality: Tunisian
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 1989
Place of Birth: Nabeul, Tunisia
Height: 5'10.5" ; 179cm
Measurements: (US) 32.5-23.5-35 ; (EU) 83-60-89
Dress Size: (US) 2-4 ; (EU) 32-34
Shoe Size: (US) 7 ; (EU) 37 ; (UK) 4.5

Reactions: 1 user
From models.com
Agency:
IMG Worldwide
Height:
179cm (5’10.5″)
Place of Origin:
Nabeul, Tunisia
Ethnic Origin:
Tunisia
Birthsign:
Libra
How discovered:
It was my Mother who discovered me. At the age of 5 years old , I was tip-toeing through my house, imagining I was constantly walking on a catwalk. Ever since, my Mother always claimed I would be a model one day.
Favorite things:
Reading, researching & listening to music.
Favorite music, band:
Any good beat becomes a favorite to me. I like to follow music trends and enjoy classical music as well.
Hobbies:
Traveling, sketching, discovering fashion trends on the net/magazines, networking/meeting new people, modern dancing & cooking traditional dishes from my country.
Favorite piece of clothing:
Everyday I have a new favorite piece of clothing and never one single most favorite.
What’s your idea of fun?
Having an exciting & synchronized shooting session with a photographer & also sharing happy moments with my family & loved ones.
Favorite modeling experience so far?
Every experience is unique for me and I look forward to new experiences everyday.
What’s the best thing about your hometown/country?
My country is rich in history and culture. The influences of the civilizations who ruled Tunisia from ancient times to today is reflected in the culture and traditions my country offers. From civilizations of the Berbers (Numidian), the Phoenicians (Carthage), the Roman Empire, the Fatimids/Arab, and Turkish rules, I see glimpses of it all around me and it makes me feel proud I am part of it…
Favorite artist (any kind):
I do not have one single favorite artist but I appreciate very much Oriental expressionism in modern art.
Place you would love to visit:
The Seychelles to begin with and all exotic places.
Currently you’re obsessed with/about:
My modeling career and giving the best I can of myself.

Neither she nor Hind Sahli are Arab, they are North-African. If I am correct they are from Tunisia and Marocco.
Great post though. It's good that there's more space out there for models from different origins, although I myself am still a big fan of the 'cold and sleek' Eastern European look for models.