gwyneth paltrow

She looks great (especially for her age) but I really can't stand her as an actor. Just.. no.

Body wise yeah, but face-wise not so much....

I think she's delusional. All she ever talks about is detoxing, dieting, and her "beauty regimen"... Uhhh gurl have you seen your face? There are older actors who are less wrinkly/aged/sun damaged, who are NOT ragging on about eating GOOP and how they have an ass of a 20-year old stripper... Like whatever.

I like her look/body for her age
Her acting is okay (I do like her as Pepper in IM movies)
Her personality in interviews = not really a fan

I think she's delusional. All she ever talks about is detoxing, dieting, and her "beauty regimen"... Uhhh gurl have you seen your face? There are older actors who are less wrinkly/aged/sun damaged, who are NOT ragging on about eating GOOP and how they have an ass of a 20-year old stripper... Like whatever.

Ditto!

She may be annoying from time to time but you know what, THANK GOD WE HAVE HER speaking loudly about whats healthy and what not. If she wants to talk about it 24/7 than let it be. It's so much better than all the fat pride movement and processed, low fat, high fat, no sugar etc. food and weight loss, super magical food adverts polluting around the globe every second. She is educating people in her own way and she is quite likable by the majority of public.
She is a good example for all women, you got to admit, she has a nice healthy looking figure.
Just look at all the fat, drugged, alcoholic celebrities on TV, magazines, radios all the time...the ones that are healthy aren't so much in the public eye-i guess they don't want to be so exposed. She is actually one of the few who is.

Reactions: 1 users
metgala-tj-2-cocktails-0152_23491385743.jpg_carousel_parties.jpg

Is that her skin hanging in there?:superpuke:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/05/i-tried-gwyneths-diet-and-got-a-rash-on-my-face.html

Article from The Cut earlier this month "I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s Diet"

"I have always been an admirer of Gwyneth Paltrow, I am not afraid to admit it. She was so good in my favorite movie, A Perfect Murder. I also think her secondary career as a lifestyle guru is rather inspiring. If there wasn't a GOOP, I would not have an eye-mask that has hollow indentations so that your eyes can blink.

When Gwyneth came out with her newest cookbook, It’s All Good, I was really excited. I have her other cookbook, My Father's Daughter, already. It is a really good cookbook for the average woman (me). There are some healthy recipes and there are some delicious recipes. One time I had a dinner party and I made beer-battered fish tacos from that book and everyone liked them. This is saying a lot because usually my dinner parties are miserable failures in which people start ordering sushi in front of me like I'm not even there.

This new cookbook of Gwyneth's has an interesting genesis. After enduring a panic attack during a supper party (I really understand), Gwyneth went to several doctors and realized she had sensitivities to various food groups, such as dairy, gluten, and chicken's eggs. Thus, she felt she had to make a cookbook that eliminated all the bad foods that ruin lives, like bread, deepwater fish, red meat, cow’s milk, and eggplants, and focus on the “good” foods in the world, like goji berries and quail eggs. Hence, It’s All Good! Do you get it? All the foods that are not bad.

I was excited to try this diet. I always think I have allergies to mysterious foods. Plus this is a diet written by a woman who almost convinced me to buy really expensive towels from the country of Turkey because they were more absorbent. I basically signed up fifteen years ago when I watched A Perfect Murder for the first time.

Preparation:

I went on Amazon and purchased Gwyneth's book as well as Tracy Anderson's Method DVDs. Gwyneth reportedly does Tracy Anderson's fitness method which focuses on “small muscles” for two hours a day, so if I am going to live Gwyneth, I figure, I might as well try to get her butt, that of a 22-year-old stripper. When I finally get the book a month later (I pre-ordered it like a weirdo), I am filled with both happiness and fear. The book itself is beautiful; there are all these pictures of Gwyneth in a floppy hat in front of a barn or Gwyneth putting a huge fish in a vat of salt. While doing a close reading, however, I am stunned at the magnitude of the things I will have to give up. I can't even eat yogurt, nor can I have a tomato or a strawberry! They all cause allergies! It seems excessive to me, yet the book also promises me that if I do this, I will have Gwyneth's "clear eyes, glowing skin and fit body." And I definitely want clear eyes! I decide to follow the seven-day detox diet listed in the back of the book, as well as a smattering of her other diet menus. One day I will live like a vegan Gwyneth, another day I will eat like a child of Gwyneth. Hopefully this will give me the whole Gwyneth experience.

Next, I go food shopping. I have been on many diets before, diets of famously excessive Hollywoods stars, including a star that one time ordered 200 pairs of mink earmuffs at a store just because she was going skiing soon (Here's looking at you, Liz Taylor), but I have never paid this much for a week of groceries in my entire life. At $154.31, it is almost triple what I usually pay for food, and I haven’t even bought all the fish I will eventually buy! (The diet is really heavy on fish.) I bought at least ten dollars worth of kale and an eleven-dollar jar of honey. Do you know what raw honey is? It is eleven dollars! And there are so many more ingredients than just those two. I actually had a mild panic attack while buying the food and I wasn't even having a dinner party.

Day 1:

Every day on the Gwyneth diet starts with a heaping helping of something called "The Best Green Juice." Like lots of other green juices, it is a mixture of kale, apple, lemon, mint, and ginger. I imagine it would be much easier to make this juice if you have a juicer, but I don't have one of those. Gwyneth says it is equally fine to make with a blender and a "fine mesh strainer" which I also don't think I have. Since I literally cannot spend any more money for a year, I will have to do without. I put the ingredients in the blender and blend them together. It tastes much like regular kale juice except has large pieces of kale still in it. This is breakfast.

After breakfast I decided to do the first DVD of the Tracy Anderson method. It's difficult, actually. Essentially you hold tiny weights in your hand and then flap your arms wildly like a person in a Victorian insane asylum having an epileptic fit. You do this for an hour. At the end, I was so tired I lay on the floor.

After my workout, I decide to eat my morning snack — raw almonds soaked in water. Wet almonds are better than dry almonds because according to old Gwen, regular almonds are "hard to digest.” Wet almonds sound gross but are actually really delicious. The almonds have a kind of vanilla flavor to them once you soak them. I never really liked almonds before this. Is this diet actually going to be okay?

After a hearty lunch of a beet-greens soup (A soup made of the green leaves attached to a beet? This was weirdly delicious even though it sounded gross) and an afternoon smoothie that combined both avocado and cocoa powder (this is sort of like ice cream if ice cream tastes like avocados), I invited my friend over for Gwyneth's version of BBQ chicken. My friend is usually quite skeptical of my diet experiments, but is an incredibly good sport. I once made her eat green risotto, for example, and we are still friends today. This time, however, I shocked her. "This is really good!" she said, almost taken aback. It was true. It was really good chicken. It was juicy and had an interesting flavor from the paprika Gwyneth had me use. I had eaten so healthily the entire day, it was all super-delicious, and I was not even hungry. I was starting to feel slightly superior. "You should soak raw almonds in water," I said to my friend.

Day 2:

Flush off of last night's success, I decide to hold a dinner party at my home and fixed on making Gwyneth's meatballs, which do not have bread, eggs, red meat, or milk in them. My mother makes very good meatballs and those four things are basically the only ingredients in them, so I found this recipe suspect, but I pressed on. I thought wet almonds would be terrible, but I was completely wrong about that. I don't know how to live!

While making the meatballs, however, I can tell something is up. No. 1: They are green (they are made of arugula and turkey). No. 2: I can't put them in tomato sauce because I have eliminated tomatoes from my diet. Instead, I am serving them with a broccoli soup that tastes mostly like water. What is going on? Yesterday was so amazing! When my guests arrive and I feed them the meatballs, I can tell that they hate them. One of them pulls out a huge bag of chips and starts eating them in front of me. Another one leaves to "actually eat dinner." I am about to have a panic attack when I suddenly remember when Gwyneth went to a dinner party in America and someone asked her what kind of jeans she was wearing and she thought to herself, "I have to get back to Europe." America is the worst. I say nothing about anyone's jeans, even though I was literally just going to ask everyone about their jeans.

Day 3 and 4:

This diet is much harder on the weekends. This city is stupid because everyone is obsessed with gluten-filled brunch and what even is it? Just an empty parade! I have to get back to Europe. On Sunday, I get to go to a pancake place that also sells kale juice and I silently watch my friend eat a pancake as I sip on some kale juice. Later, however, I roast a whole fish and serve it with anchovy salsa verde. It's absolutely delicious. "I would like to meet Gwyneth Paltrow," says an unnamed friend, eating the fish with a large spoonful of anchovy sauce. "She sounds really fun." I enthuse: "She's so fun. She smokes one cigarette a week!" "

For the rest of the article (too long to post) check the link. I actually found it interesting!

Reactions: 1 user
She gained weight specifically for the role (what the interview said). I'd be surprised if she didn't lose it very quickly considering her lifestyle habits and general obsession with fitness. I don't think we've lost her quite yet.