Grimes

Um... there's no way that's Grimes. The actress looks and sounds nothing like her. Check out her instagram for recent pics of her... still looking pretty slim to me: http://instagram.com/actuallygrimes

You're right. I feel moronic, but also relieved that she didn't morph into some basic average bodied person. No fucking wonder I didn't recognize her at first :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Wow, hadn't seen anything of her in ages, but judging from her instagram account, she appears to be getting tinier and tinier.

Screen shot 2015-02-09 at 1.44.11 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-02-09 at 1.44.41 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-02-09 at 1.45.09 PM.png
Screen shot 2015-02-09 at 1.45.56 PM.png

I also feel like a large percentage of photos she posts are of the kinds of things I only ever photograph when I'm high af.

Reactions: 3 users
Wow, hadn't seen anything of her in ages, but judging from her instagram account, she appears to be getting tinier and tinier.

I thought the same- she seems to have lost weight. (also, I know she stated otherwise, but man does she act high)

recent pics of her... looking good!

tumblr_nnv0ggJSTI1r7z66ao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnzbrsEyUm1s45aaco2_400.png

tumblr_nnyoygjH941unmzo9o2_1280.jpg

(lol at selena)

tumblr_nnyoygjH941unmzo9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nnz05lWWKL1r7z66ao1_540.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
She's soo tiny. Not that I'm for or against drugs(I take a lot so whatever), but if you're that thin, who cares ;)

Super cute thinspo in motion in her latest music vid (if you're a Marie Antoinette fan you'll love this, she looks so delicate in a big Rococo-style gown!):

Grimes is one of my favourite skinnies - she's so adorable and interesting! :luv:

She looks great in these gifs from a recent Vice article. I'm presuming they're from one of her videos, but haven't really bothered looking into it.

tumblr_nxd9uqPDSw1qbzr8yo1_500.gif

tumblr_nxda42hQWw1qbzr8yo1_500.gif

Her upper body especially is so similar to mine at a low weight.

I had never heard of her before but she looks amazing, especially her upper body! Particularly impressive since she's approaching 30 and not a model.

Wow, her body is looking better and better. Another .gif because I think it looks cool:

tumblr_nxda97bfl41qbzr8yo1_500.gif

And a few more from her instagram showing off her impressive upper-body (ignore weird face-making):

11820528_279681088869261_155458191_n.jpg

At the Met Gala (where her legs look good):

11192571_344639865731322_342586866_n.jpg

She also recently did an interview with Fader and was their cover girl. Interview is here if anyone is curious.

F99_Grimes-cover_bdadcu.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Not a fan of her style or her music but I love how tiny she is, especially her upper body. Just curious, has she never gotten any backlash for that in the media?

Sorry to bump this old thread but I saw one of her Shows recently and she is tiny! I was really surprised because I always assumed she was on the taller side, but she's 5.5feet max.

haha that up the nostril/crazy eyes pic is #29 makes her look like our favorite photo disaster dart board, Girlnah.
I feel like she isn't gorgeous but interesting looking....I sort of like that she looks a bit like a monkey with her ears.(Sorry, I really like those 1 or 2 features that are a bit different). Seems like she can definitely morph a bit depending on her styling though which is fun.

I like the above cover, just not the bangs. I also suspect that pose might be in the no no list Sabine provided earlier though haha.

Anyway, I have no idea what her music is like...maybe will check out.

For some reason I was thinking "I'm surprised I haven't seen Grimes on SG just because she is pretty skinny for someone who doesn't 'have to be' (like a model)", but of course there was a thread. :D

I really like when she wears somewhat fantasy-themed costumes like below. I also am curious if she has ever received backlash for her figure by the mainstream media. It's like all other singers/celebrities who veer anywhere near slim are targeted for "OMG having an eating disorder/starving," but Grimes isn't? (I'm not saying she should be.) The only thing I found was in an article she said: "im tired of being congratulated for being thin because i can more easily fit into sample sizes from the runway" (http://www.salon.com/2013/04/25/gri...mpromise_my_morals_in_order_to_make_a_living/)

grimes-new-project-album-music-2016.jpg

tumblr_nxda42hQWw1qbzr8yo1_500.gif

People say the meanest things about her- she said in an interview that she faced a lot of sexual harassment in her career and all the comments were "She's lying, no one would want to even touch her" and gross nonsense like that. I've seen her in concert and she was adorable and so tiny.

Not a fan of her style or her music but I love how tiny she is, especially her upper body. Just curious, has she never gotten any backlash for that in the media?

I think no one says anything about her weight because a lot of her song content may sound pop-ish, but it's actually a lot more substantial so there's things to discuss like "what does this video mean?" and "why did you write this?". Like Swift may churn out hits, but it's pretty obvious what everything has been about from Teardrops on My Guitar to Blank Space.

I also just don't think she'll entertain that sort of talk and thinking. She has more to say.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I think no one says anything about her weight because a lot of her song content may sound pop-ish, but it's actually a lot more substantial so there's things to discuss like "what does this video mean?" and "why did you write this?". Like Swift may churn out hits, but it's pretty obvious what everything has been about from Teardrops on My Guitar to Blank Space.

I also just don't think she'll entertain that sort of talk and thinking. She has more to say.

Good point!