Grimes

Grimes having a baby doesn't really compute in my head. I just have this very fixed vision of what an expecting mother looks like and elven nymph-warrior sword-wielding stiletto-acrylic-nailed Grimes just doesn't fit. I can't process it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Grimes having a baby doesn't really compute in my head. I just have this very fixed vision of what an expecting mother looks like and elven nymph-warrior sword-wielding stiletto-acrylic-nailed Grimes just doesn't fit. I can't process it.
I sort of can, in like a mystical fairy way, but that video of her talking about frying toast in an entire stick of butter ruined it for me.

• Agree
  • Funny
I sort of can, in like a mystical fairy way, but that video of her talking about frying toast in an entire stick of butter ruined it for me.
The girl clearly doesn’t have a healthy relationship with food. That video of her daily eating really brought that to clearer light for me.

I used to admire her for her consistency in her body, but now I’m leaning more toward that she’s been very sick and binging out in pregnancy. Not that I want to judge pregnant women but it seems to be a big elephant in the room that she does not have a healthy relationship with eating.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
There is so a fucking way.

He'll have a blast introducing himself to his fellow preschoolers in the future!

It's okay because it has meaning behind it. Duh.
20200506_085052.jpg

The girl clearly doesn’t have a healthy relationship with food. That video of her daily eating really brought that to clearer light for me.

I used to admire her for her consistency in her body, but now I’m leaning more toward that she’s been very sick and binging out in pregnancy. Not that I want to judge pregnant women but it seems to be a big elephant in the room that she does not have a healthy relationship with eating.

If I'm not mistaken she has previously talked about a potential unhealthy relationship with food but not in a super vocal or alarming kind of way. From a Spin interview:

Did you grow up in a strict home?
Very strict. I spent my teenage years running away from one house to the other house because it was so intense. Not just religious stuff. My dad was super-strict about food. I had to eat these weird protein shakes and he’d make us go on runs in the morning. I had to do ballet for a really long time. It was always working out and being serious about lots of things, really intensely. By the time I hit puberty, I kind of went insane.

I think dance is a practice where you are very conscious of your body and even moreso if your parents are noticeably strict about food. I've been a fan of hers for a while now and from what I remember her posting on her Tumblr, she very regularly talked about food, veganism, things she liked to eat. Retrospectively, it's possible that she was broadcasting these food diaries in an attempt to get people to shut up about her weight in a "Look, I eat and like food!" kind of way.

I'm taking the "What I Eat" video with a grain of salt because I have a feeling, like previously mentioned, that she was encouraged to talk more about the weird foods and cravings she has during pregnancy because if we're honest, "I've been obeying a balanced diet and good eating regime" isn't content that most people on Youtube find entertaining. And given that she's still remained pretty thin throughout her pregnancy, my guess is that the butter toast and "sludge" were more one-off craving meals rather than what she actually eats.

I found the super thin tomato slice w/ avocado and seasoning pretty funny though... exactly the kind of weird little pathetic snack I'd do.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Neither of them are eccentric enough to completely lack respect for their NEWBORN CHILD. Surely this name is fake and they’re keeping the real name private. I think if it were real Grimes’ explanation would at least try to make a modicum of sense? At least I seriously hope. Otherwise this combined with the what I eat in a day... she’d be losing her mind. I think that video too should be taken with SEVERAL grains of salt. I really hope I’m not wrong. We don’t need more trashy rich people. They’re just master trolls.

• Agree
Okay but what I really want to know is...how the bloody hell do you pronounce the kid’s name?! :lol:
I’ve seen people saying Sasha Archangel? That name by itself is... I don’t hate it! But all the symbols and math equations ? That’s just doing too much. I honestly have no idea if this is a hoax or not but this screenshot is pointing more towards it is. At least I hope so.....

Attachments

• B42E5E94-0811-4999-90F0-2059D47106D9.jpeg
    B42E5E94-0811-4999-90F0-2059D47106D9.jpeg
    154.5 KB · Views: 151
I’ve seen people saying Sasha Archangel? That name by itself is... I don’t hate it! But all the symbols and math equations ? That’s just doing too much. I honestly have no idea if this is a hoax or not but this screenshot is pointing more towards it is. At least I hope so.....
Girrrerrrrrrrl charge ya gd phone.
But srs I don’t think it’s at all a hoax. It makes me wonder how public these two are going to be about their kid i.e. pictures/anecdotes etc.

• Agree
Her Vogue Italia cover shoot (shot by Ryan McGinley, styled by Patti Wilson) is so incredible…trying to focus on this and not the frankly absurd name and absurd back-and-forth she and Elon had on Twitter about the spelling 👀It's their relationship, but it really rubs me the wrong way that he publicly corrected her about the spelling instead of just telling her in person?

She's one of the few musicians with a genuine aesthetic vision, in my opinion (FKA twigs too—neither of them are afraid to be unconventional when experimenting with style and beauty). I really think she has a SG mindset about the power of the body ('fashion is one of the ways the human body can be transformed into a work of art') and I hope she'll continue to exhibit that after her pregnancy!

Fashion has been generous with me. It’s allowed me to promote my work. Fashion is one of the ways the human body can be transformed into a work of art, so I take it very seriously. I’m really passionate about digital fashion in video games, and prefer the ones which offer plenty of clothing options, or where buying virtual clothes is actually an integral part of the game. I think that it’s a mark of cultural progress, and it’s definitely more sustainable than creating and consuming real clothes.

Grimes+by+Ryan+McGinley+for+Vogue+Italia+May+2020+(3).jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Posted about a week ago to her Instagram.
'It’s weird I thought I looked soooo pregnant when @ryder_ripps took these photos like 7 ish months ago but in retrospect I look tiny lol. Everything is relative I guess. I wuz prob 2 skinny b4. This is the first time in my life I’ve eaten 3 meals a day and that has def been a positive development lol. If u aren’t doing so I’d recommend it! 🦔🦔⚔️'

Somewhat indicative of her relationship with food. Her saying that she was probably too skinny before makes me think she may continue with the same sort of intake in the future, which ... to each her own, especially while recovering from childbirth, but there's a way to eat three meals a day & stay nourished without binging on salt & vinegar chips & hot dogs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 10.05.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 10.05.32 AM.png
    231.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Their relationship is weird to say the least. I had no idea they were a couple until the baby was born a few days ago. I actually thought she was a teen... :hahano:
I just found one picture of them together at Google, can someone share more (if there's any)? Do they live together? Are they married? SO MANY QUESTIONS

• Agree

This reminds me of those comments women in their twenties and thirties sometimes make: “I can’t believe I used to think I had fat thighs in high school, I was actually so skinny!” (In actuality, their thighs were big back then, but they’re much bigger now.)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
EC59ED06-FCD8-47D7-828A-317CD6F97712.jpeg
9307DEC0-FAD2-4487-8F71-D76D0E1B1EBF.jpeg

Some recents from her insta, screenshotted instead of embedded since she's known for going back & deleting old posts. Hard to tell if it's angles/posing or if she's lost some weight, but she never really ballooned up that much to begin with from what I remember. Looks like the buttered toast and hot dogs were in fact a little exaggerated in the video to make her seem more quirky & relatable... also loving how The Ordinary products are peaking through the bottom ☺

Anyhow, some folks over on r/redscarepod (post here; the comments are... something else) have supposedly found a link to an old pro-ana livejournal post of hers from 2006. There's no real way of proving that was actually her, but the stats sound about right & she does have a background in ballet (mentioned in a pretty interesting old article here).

It would add a new layer of meaning to that quote on how strict her childhood was (from around page 3 on this thread) + the "I try to just eat what I want" bit in her what I eat video. If it is true then I certainly hope she's doing better & has learned to maintain in a healthier way since then.

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Anyhow, some folks over on r/redscarepod (post here; the comments are... something else) have supposedly found a link to an old pro-ana livejournal post of hers from 2006. There's no real way of proving that was actually her, but the stats sound about right & she does have a background in ballet (mentioned in a pretty interesting old article here).
Is there any other evidence that this was her blog, besides one reddit post from a year ago? Even the names don't match up (I get using a fake name for anonymity, but 2006 was a more innocent time on the internet lol.)