Grimes

When I said I would have posted it anyways I meant it as a joke, meaning that I take full responsibility and I don't want it to seem like I was blaming my cringe-worthy post on the fact that I hadn't slept that night. Whether it was that or not, I take full responsibility and I'm sorry, like I said, I'm genuinely not trying to make anyone uncomfortable. But you don't have to repeat yourself, I definitely got the message.

I won't post about her again, sorry if I made you or anyone else uncomfortable. Obsessed is such a creepy term and a horrible reputation to have, it's definitely not true either - she just happens to be one of the 'skinniest' (2012/2014) artists that I listen to, that's all.

I also wanted to say that me thinking she is still somewhat skinny isn't related to me liking her music, and I respect it if you guys don't agree. My comment about Anya was also kinda unnecessary, I was just trying to explain the logic behind the 'original post' :slinkout:
Dear, have some strength in your convictions, or then genuinely take in others’ opinions, but you don’t have to frantically try to justify yourself. Disagreements happen, people have different standards; it is life. As for the use of the word “obsessed”, I believe that was in reference to your intro post in which you indeed say you are obsessed with Grimes. That is all.
Grimes got congratulated and celebrated too early in her career and now she has arrested artistic and ideological development. I gave her the benefit of doubt for a long time, but now that she’s putting out garbage demos and garbage opinions and garbage style choices, it’s safe to say the magic is wearing off.

When someone else styles her and she shuts her trap, she can look pretty good. But if you’re going to dress like thrift shop lord of the rings on your way to get discount lip filler, spewing bullshit the whole time, I’m eventually going to stop looking.
I agree. I feel that she has morally atrophied herself by going directly against her beliefs and assertions when she began her relationship with Musk. Yet, she still tries to portray herself in the same way that she did when she was a pseudo-communist teenager. It just comes off as pathetic and false, a parody. There is nothing left of her that I find worth paying attention to.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Dear, have some strength in your convictions
you don’t have to frantically try to justify yourself. Disagreements happen, people have different standards; it is life.

Oh don't worry about that - I definitely do. I have really strong personal opinions and trust me, nothing is changing them, I don't care what anyone says. But this is like (not even) my second month on here and I'm not trying to 'argue' with other people over silly things, I rather take 'accountability' and call it a day, but all my personal opinions remain the same regardless.

Plus I know pretty much no one agrees with me on this topic (not even on here alone, everyone seems to dislike her literally everywhere) so I know when to shut up.

As for the use of the word “obsessed”, I believe that was in reference to your intro post in which you indeed say you are obsessed with Grimes. That is all.

Never thought you guys would take it literally :lol: I could go on about it but I did say I wasn't going to talk about her on here anymore so ∼ anyways

Reactions: 6 users
Oh don't worry about that - I definitely do. I have really strong personal opinions and trust me, nothing is changing them, I don't care what anyone says. But this is like (not even) my second month on here and I'm not trying to 'argue' with other people over silly things, I rather take 'accountability' and call it a day, but all my personal opinions remain the same regardless.

Plus I know pretty much no one agrees with me on this topic (not even on here alone, everyone seems to dislike her literally everywhere) so I know when to shut up.

Never thought you guys would take it literally :lol: I could go on about it but I did say I wasn't going to talk about her on here anymore so ∼ anyways
Jesus I’m gone for like three months and the rookies have taken over.

Just my two cents—your justifications are unnecessary, the best thing to do when a more established member calls you out is to say something to the effect of “I understand where you are coming from, and I will do better going forward. Thank you for the feedback.”

We don’t expect you to kowtow to us, but considering you only have 14 posts as if this moment and a non-insignificant number of them are excuses, I’d advise you to take more time to lurk and learn.

• Agree
Reactions: 13 users
Jesus I’m gone for like three months and the rookies have taken over.

Just my two cents—your justifications are unnecessary, the best thing to do when a more established member calls you out is to say something to the effect of “I understand where you are coming from, and I will do better going forward. Thank you for the feedback.”

We don’t expect you to kowtow to us, but considering you only have 14 posts as if this moment and a non-insignificant number of them are excuses, I’d advise you to take more time to lurk and learn.

In fairness to @ethereallytiny , she did try to do that though:

t, I take full responsibility and I'm sorry, like I said, I'm genuinely not trying to make anyone uncomfortable. But you don't have to repeat yourself, I definitely got the message.

The excuses were lame I agree, but idk, I feel this was a bit of an unnecessary pile on from other members. I can understand wanting to defend oneself when others just won’t let your mistake go.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 9 users
My useless contribution, I feel like he could’ve gone in harder in all honesty, I used to love Grimes but she is so contrived now it’s giving me secondhand embarrassment

• Funny
Reactions: 8 users
She’s definitely cringe-y at times, but I’m here for the bones and youthful feel at 33. The crazy tik tok rants less so.

2B08EF38-CF5B-4846-9270-A5EBC057F1BC.jpeg

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
My useless contribution, I feel like he could’ve gone in harder in all honesty, I used to love Grimes but she is so contrived now it’s giving me secondhand embarrassment

Replying to my own post because this look is too similar.

Btw, wtf is up with her face/lips? She’s been around Doha Cat too much.

Also, apparently she an Elon broke up?

Still, this post seems very short-sighted

• Funny
Reactions: 1 users

Off-topic, but NGL... never have I ever heard a singer (whose singing voice I actually love) speak with such a nasally vocal tone that it makes me wish I had been born without ears— until today.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Off-topic, but NGL... never have I ever heard a singer (whose singing voice I actually love) speak with such a nasally vocal tone that it makes me wish I had been born without ears— until today.
Also, like, “picking strawberries is an automate-able job”… bitch what? Have you ever taken the time to find out how cardamom pods are picked? It’s not straight forward. Only 1/5 pods on the same cluster are actually ready to be harvested. Hand-dived scallops. Truffle pigs. What are you even talking about Grimes?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Also, like, “picking strawberries is an automate-able job”… bitch what? Have you ever taken the time to find out how cardamom pods are picked? It’s not straight forward. Only 1/5 pods on the same cluster are actually ready to be harvested. Hand-dived scallops. Truffle pigs. What are you even talking about Grimes?
not to be THAT person... but also yes I am going to be THAT person... picking strawberries (and other produce) can become fully automated and is automated by some companies and it isn't that hard to do (is it easy? No - but compared to the amount of variables to consider in the code of creating a video game or getting a plane off the ground... the code to pick strawberries could be written by a fresh grad. You'd just need to define what constitutes a ripe strawberry: the size, color, density etc ranges that need to be matched to - any exceptions and the strawberry isn't picked). The reason it hasn't been automated widely is because it's a lot cheaper to pay some poor person $5/hr to pick the strawberries than it is to buy what would be an expensive machine that's expensive to maintain and likely won't move much faster than a human would (unless the idea is to shake the berry bush and collect whatever falls off lol). So if there's limited demand because it's already a low-cost task with limited savings to be made, very few firms are going to invest in research and development to create the product until they know reasonable demand is present such that they can make a good return on their investment in R&D.
Definitely agree with you regarding the scallops and truffles etc, those are a lot more complicated to the point the cost to create these machines isn't worth trying to automate, but definitely not impossible! (Source: studied software engineering, also studied business - I collect degrees and designations, also have consulted on similar issues)

Grimes also talking about people playing games to make a living - girl has clearly never taken a basic macroeconomics class to understand productivity and it's impact on the GDP... not QUITE as simple as she's making it out to be lol. All these wack ideas on how to make the world better she keeps spewing is beginning to sound very trump-esque. :tsk:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

She's starting to look like Lil bo weep 😭

• WTF
  • Eye Roll
Reactions: 4 users