So much hate because she's a Republican. I'm not a fan of what the Republican party has become, but hopping on the outrage train and targeting individual members is not the way to go about fixing the problem. Our bipartisan system sucks, but you DO NOT want one-party politics (I'd talk more in a private thread about the city I grew up in), which is a danger I think we face when we force everyone to identify as Democrat or be so slaughtered on social media that you'd be afraid to turn on your phone. Save your hate for someone who's worth it (incidentally, may I take this opportunity to remind you who's President?)

As for the hunting business - I agree with @Layla (thought of you as soon as the hunting pic was posted) that the triumph-style pictures have always been icky and tasteless. But that deer had a more comfortable life than the undocumented workers picking your strawberries and tomatoes. I want to go to bed or I'd find reliable sources about quinoa and goji berries and bananas and Greek yogurt (I've heard the environmental concerns about almonds are debatable). My point is that there are very few foods you buy at the grocery store, vegan or carnivorous, that are truly cruelty-free and have no impact whatsoever on the environment. If you want to ensure the animals and workers involved didn't suffer needlessly, your best bet is hunting or growing your own food. I don't have the stomach to kill animals myself, but dammit if I don't grow as much as I can this summer in my garden.

Anyways, shitting on her political affiliations usually doesn't change someone's opinion. Usually what it does is teach them that interaction with the opposition is likely to be dangerous. But you know what does change peoples' opinions? Engaging in meaningful discourse with the opposition. Just a thought before we jump on the hate train.

Last time I checked, nature didn't need humans to be population regulators.
True, but part of the reason the deer population was out of control (though according to my uncle, it's really not anymore) is that we displaced their natural predators (wolves, bears, mountain lions in some parts) by living in their territory and/or killed them because they were a danger to humans (...because we were living in their territory). So yeah, usually nature doesn't need us to regulate it, but we've already fucked it up pretty bad. However - deer aren't overpopulated right now. So if you're interested in a valid comeback to any hunter who claims they're saving the planet from its deer problem, ask them how many does they've seen all spring.

Alright, that's enough time spent on a thread for someone whose thighs aren't really worth it.

• Love
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
So much hate because she's a Republican. I'm not a fan of what the Republican party has become, but hopping on the outrage train and targeting individual members is not the way to go about fixing the problem. Our bipartisan system sucks, but you DO NOT want one-party politics (I'd talk more in a private thread about the city I grew up in), which is a danger I think we face when we force everyone to identify as Democrat or be so slaughtered on social media that you'd be afraid to turn on your phone. Save your hate for someone who's worth it (incidentally, may I take this opportunity to remind you who's President?)

As for the hunting business - I agree with @Layla (thought of you as soon as the hunting pic was posted) that the triumph-style pictures have always been icky and tasteless. But that deer had a more comfortable life than the undocumented workers picking your strawberries and tomatoes. I want to go to bed or I'd find reliable sources about quinoa and goji berries and bananas and Greek yogurt (I've heard the environmental concerns about almonds are debatable). My point is that there are very few foods you buy at the grocery store, vegan or carnivorous, that are truly cruelty-free and have no impact whatsoever on the environment. If you want to ensure the animals and workers involved didn't suffer needlessly, your best bet is hunting or growing your own food. I don't have the stomach to kill animals myself, but dammit if I don't grow as much as I can this summer in my garden.

Anyways, shitting on her political affiliations usually doesn't change someone's opinion. Usually what it does is teach them that interaction with the opposition is likely to be dangerous. But you know what does change peoples' opinions? Engaging in meaningful discourse with the opposition. Just a thought before we jump on the hate train.

True, but part of the reason the deer population was out of control (though according to my uncle, it's really not anymore) is that we displaced their natural predators (wolves, bears, mountain lions in some parts) by living in their territory and/or killed them because they were a danger to humans (...because we were living in their territory). So yeah, usually nature doesn't need us to regulate it, but we've already fucked it up pretty bad. However - deer aren't overpopulated right now. So if you're interested in a valid comeback to any hunter who claims they're saving the planet from its deer problem, ask them how many does they've seen all spring.

Alright, that's enough time spent on a thread for someone whose thighs aren't really worth it.
My grandfather used to be one of those workers (except he wasn’t undocumented). He wanted a way to leave his country and start a new life and sure it was hard but he wouldn’t have had it any other way. He didn’t see it as abuse at all and feels you have to work hard to make it in life. He did that when he was only 17. He eventually moved onto bigger better things. Now he’s retired, living more than comfortably in lower Manhattan. :luvluv:

Reactions: 1 users
Yikes at her dad posting that picture :seeya:
She doesn't deserve to have her privacy violated like that (now everyone can know her address).
This doesn't excuse her past behavior but that picture looks really old, perhaps she was at the age where she was still being told what to do.
She also replied to a fan page that registered to vote because she to get a driver's license, you have to and that she did not vote for Trump (she did not vote at all, not that it matters).

Next must be panicking, this is the second time their models have been in some sort of controversy this past month (Ali Michael and now Grace).

Okay I'm sorry but to attack and hate somebody because they went deer hunting and are registered to vote as a republican??? Like I'd get it a little more if she was actively supporting Trump and trophy hunting lions or elephants in Africa.

I would say more but everything @Ellie said is spot on and I agree 100%.

I don't even have the first clue about Grace Elizabeth but public shaming has gotten SO out of hand these days.

• Agree
She looks very young in the picture with the deer. I really sympathize here. It's so sanctimonious to me, that people would dredge up the past of people and use it as an active smear campaign. Especially when it's just proof of a different life and choices. She obviously grew up in a family where hunting is an accepted and social norm? And are Republican? Newsflash, alot of us are products of our upbringing and immediate social circle and it's norms while growing up. Which, last I checked are not criminal offenses. It's horrible how petty and uselessly vindictive, people can be.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
That photo with the deer is horrible but judging someone for who they voted for and violating their privacy like that makes no sense. She's a model, not an activist and didn't use any of her social platform to influence votes during the elections. She voted as a private citizen and deserves to be respected as one. Idk why would anyone care about her parents and their political views but yeah, I am not surprised they're republicans. Who cares though. I honestly like her modelling work and I think she's really pretty, she's not someone I would be friend with as a person judging from these things but I don't understand the hate

When i first saw her last year in the vs fashion show i fell in love. Then i saw her covers by steven meisel i thought we had a new supermodel BUT then i saw her on runaways and videos of her. She looks too big in the runaways even her looks i feel like her head is too big or something like that, she should stick to Vs only its what suits her best. And in the videos she looks like she has a « goofy » personality but it feels cringy somehow? Like try hard to be SOOOO relatable! But yeah.. in conclusion; i dislike her

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
What do you girls think of this new hairstyle on her ?
bR7oPox.jpg

FjGg0eK.jpg

SjpmNXP.jpg

NwhMIt6.jpg

CTZfvPX.jpg

11wZUBp.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
OAQK9l7.jpg

QUo5SXr.jpg

JihLWPf.jpg

No, these are not stock photos, these are pictures for Harper's Bazaar's October editorial called Drones and Dresses.
Sorry this is an old post, but I used to work a lot with quadcopters for research and this editorial just makes me laugh. They could've potentially done a cool shoot with quadcopters...but this is definitely not it

I like how this one isn't so vulgar, but she looks so soft with no definition. And the styling and makeup is just strange IMO.

I like how this one isn't so vulgar, but she looks so soft with no definition. And the styling and makeup is just strange IMO.

feel free to gang up on me for this one but she looks way better than she used to and you can see she has definition in her arms. She definitely is on the softer side (reminds me a lot of ming xi ) and has tons of room to improve, but her body type isn't very mesomorphic clearly and her paleness isn't helping either (just saying, it's *hard* to look amazingly lean when that pale). I am not a grace 'fan' by any means and as I said she has room to improve, but she's miles better to look at than most of the other models (save romee and elsa, a few others) in the advent calendar.

feel free to gang up on me for this one but she looks way better than she used to and you can see she has definition in her arms. She definitely is on the softer side (reminds me a lot of ming xi ) and has tons of room to improve, but her body type isn't very mesomorphic clearly and her paleness isn't helping either (just saying, it's *hard* to look amazingly lean when that pale). I am not a grace 'fan' by any means and as I said she has room to improve, but she's miles better to look at than most of the other models (save romee and elsa, a few others) in the advent calendar.
I always feel weird calling others out on their paleness as someone naturally very fair (bc Grace is definitely pretty pale in this video) -- but I agree that paleness can detract from muscle tone which is probably partly accountable for her looking soft to me. In the end shot where she flexes you can tell she does have muscle tone in her arms, it's just the critic in me was moreso focused on her midsection. I actually do like Grace though and would much rather watch this video than the trainwrecks the nepo and IG models put out.

Grace for V magazine Spring 2018

Attachments

• 7071441F-7830-4B8A-8EC5-4916E16D714E.jpeg
    7071441F-7830-4B8A-8EC5-4916E16D714E.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 95492579-A031-4382-84CD-7DC7D923939B.jpeg
    95492579-A031-4382-84CD-7DC7D923939B.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 72
  • FBBB3B8E-85C3-48EA-8467-CCC7A500FAC0.jpeg
    FBBB3B8E-85C3-48EA-8467-CCC7A500FAC0.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 2 users
grace.jpg

For Vogue Germany Feb 2018. I have a feeling 2018 is going to be a good year for her.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Her waist doesn’t look very small here; though we have seen much worse in PINK (Rachel Hilbert :facepalm:) and VS sometimes photoshps their models to make them look “meatier”

DF25596F-FB10-47EA-A4A2-8EE253928BB2.jpeg

She seems to have small hips so with extra weight it looks so bad. Sometimes I hate my wide hips but I can gain and maintain a thigh gap. (Not that I want to gain, just from experience :meh:)

• Agree