GNTM and "Das Perfekte Model"

Andie

Worker Bee
Feb 25, 2012
Germany
GNTM = Germany's Next Top Model
Das Perfekte Model (DPM) = The Perfect Model

Both are German "documentaries" about becomming a model. I'm sorry to write about something not everybody can access and understand, but since I know from ENglish speaking people who also were watching GNTM with subtitles, I hope it's okay.

Last Thursday, the 7th season of GNTM started at German chanel Pro7. Some weeks before, opponent TV chanel VOX started to broadcast the 1st season of Das Perfekte Model.

Do you like these kinds of show? Do you watch (one of) them? Which one do you prefer?

Reactions: 1 user
I used to looove watching GNTM, but now I'm just not that interested anymore. I always forget about it. The earlier seasons were great, but the girls I wanted to win never did and that was so frustrating for me :DD
Loved Sara Nuru, though :)

Also, I think Heidi Klum is incredibly annoying and the show has become all about her. I disliked her even more after she changed the judging panel for every single season. Bruce! Payman! :(

Eva Padberg is so awesome, but I always forget watching Das perfekte Model and I feel like starting in the middle of the season would suck...

I watch GNTM with my bff every week^^. Heidi Klum is annoying as hell (i hate her voice and how she always has to be the center of attention), but it's still entertaining. It gets more interesting if there are only 10-15 girls left, so you actually know there names... I haven't had time to watch "Das Perfekte Model", so I can't really say anything about it.

I also hate Heidi Klum, I hate EVERYTHING on her! :disgusted:

The girls at Das Perfekte Model should look more like models, someone told me. GNTM often chose girls who were not skinny enough, too old, didn't had any model like look or were just there to entertain (like Gina-Lisa).

I also hate Heidi Klum, I hate EVERYTHING on her! :disgusted:

The girls at Das Perfekte Model should look more like models, someone told me. GNTM often chose girls who were not skinny enough, too old, didn't had any model like look or were just there to entertain (like Gina-Lisa).

Agreed. GNTM is more of a reality show with entertainment purposes. Das Perfekte Model is a little more professional IMO, though i doubt that any of those tv shows reflects even a bit of the model reality :rolleyes:

I watched the last two episodes of GNTM.

Oh boy, it's so different from ANTM, way more fun! There's more drama, not sure how much true.
Sara is so f*cking funny!
Did you see how she was holding that fish and quickly corrected herself? A slip there, lmao!

I'm not sure I'm going to watch every week, the decoder box for Pro7 is in my sisters room.

I think both Heidi and Tyra are incredibly annoying.

I used to watch GNTM, but not anymore. I just can't bear all the staged drama, swearing and pretending like they're stuffing themselves with fast food any more.

I watched the last two episodes of GNTM.

Oh boy, it's so different from ANTM, way more fun! There's more drama, not sure how much true.
Sara is so f*cking funny!
Did you see how she was holding that fish and quickly corrected herself? A slip there, lmao!

I'm not sure I'm going to watch every week, the decoder box for Pro7 is in my sisters room.

I think both Heidi and Tyra are incredibly annoying.

I had no time to watch the recent episode, but i looked up their pictures...dead fish? That's disgusting :(.

Luisa
gntm2012_30.jpg

Kasia
Kasia-Topmodel.jpg

Sara
409c0e9bb8cfc69d2fda20041a6d2b63.jpg

Sara, Heidi Klum, Luisa
TopmodelTopmodel_DSC6682-681x1024.jpg

Wow, they've made them do pretty gross things before, but I think this is too much. Plus, what a waste of fish! :wtf:

Yucky!! Can you imagine the smell!?? :wtf: I probably would have fainted before getting on the set :lol:

I watched it from time to time, but it´s getting so annoying.

It´s becoming so much more obvious with every new season that the show is for entertainment only.
The "challenges" got so ridiculous, it´s really just for the Lulz, not really "preparing the girls for the rough fashion world".
Also, the show focuses more and more on the catfights and bitching behind the scenes, it´s also rumored that some of the arguments the girls had were enforced by the filming team, some girls were being portrayed in a whole different light by cutting their interviews, taking words out of context, etc.
I also can´t stand how bitchy and whiny some of the girls are. If they can´t take criticism, challenge, competition or having to act as they´re told, guess what´s the wrong job for you, hun. Not that any job in the world would allow you to be a crybaby, so I really wonder what they expect life to be, if they´re a model or not.

Heidi Klum annoys the hell out of me, her voice, her attitude, her looks... just NO :run:

Ok, so last night there was the premiere of the new Germany's Next Top Model new season (available online one week at http://www.prosieben.de/tv/germanys-next-topmodel/video/ganze-folge-aktuell/
). I'll be watching it... it's entertaining and I have no illusions that it's anything other than a popular reality show....

Want to discuss? :)

For now, there are a religious shy girl and a girl they're trying to frame as diva. I'm hoping for some drama soon. >;)

For now, there are a religious shy girl and a girl they're trying to frame as diva. I'm hoping for some drama soon. >;)

yeah...that church girl... she's well, special ;) . but the difference between her natural look and her look for the shooting was amazing. still annoying as hell. can't wait to see how she'll be doing in the course of the competition.

i wondered that so many girls cried during the first episode and that one girls left already.

Well, I don't know, but it seems that all of those casting shows become more and more boring with every season. I thought I could give it a go though and watched the episode yesterday...but I don't think I'll continue as long there's a great photographer included.

I loved when Christian Schuller was a part of the judges, he's amazing...and also the shoots he did.

The only girl that really amazed me was Sara Nuru...I met her once in real life before GNT and she's stunning! Who I also quite liked was Larissa (forget her Surname) and Marie Nasemann. But in my opinion, the looks of the girls are to...idk, more commercial than model-like?

Totally have to agree! Also, is anybody else there that thinks it's totally strange that there were no real castings this year? I was looking forward to this, seeing a lot of 'wannabe models' and maybe some nice girls...it was mostly the exciting part of the show I think.
But I wont watch it now anyway as The Vampire Diaries airs on Thursday :D maybe I'll have a look online.

Not to be a bitch, but some of the measurements are simply hilarious considering that they are looking for a "Topmodel".

Waist of 68 cm ( 27 inches) ?
Hips of 99 cm ( 39 inches) ?

Good luck in the actual fashion industry away from the show.
:hmm:

Who I also quite liked was Larissa (forget her Surname) and Marie Nasemann. But in my opinion, the looks of the girls are to...idk, more commercial than model-like?

have you seen Larissa recently? i saw her in 'das perfekte dinner', and she ballooned, she looked so broad.

i quite like Marie, she is so cute, though she's not really model-material, more a beautiful girl next door/commercial type at most.

larissa-marolt-neele-hehemann-lisa-loch-marie-nasemann.jpg

Foto2690.jpg

I've just started watching GNTM, and.... I'm hooked. :oops: No spoilers from season 6 please!!

The show does seem to be more focused on personal drama than professional information, but I disagree that it's any worse than ANTM in that respect. I know a lot of people have strong opinions about Heidi Klum. I remember really really hating her when I first started watching Project Runway, but after a few seasons she grew on me and now she's somehow stolen my heart. :luv: I just adore her.

By the way, does anyone know of an online resource to watch the show with German subtitles? I can understand most of what they say, and the rest I can usually look up, but there are times where something is mumbled and I can't decipher a thing. Subtitles would help a lot. I could always look for English subtitles too, but then I wouldn't get as much German practice. :shy: