Givenchy Stops Couture Collections

Super Star
May 11, 2012
Maybe the world really is ending...:wtf:

GIVENCHY is taking a break from creating its couture collection and will not show during the Paris schedule in January.

While it's not yet known how long the intended hiatus is, the brand has confirmed that Riccardo Tisci will continue to produce one-off couture dresses for high-profile red carpet events - such as the 2013 Costume Institute Ball next May.

The brand stopped presenting large-scale couture catwalk shows in 2010, preferring instead to stage a more intimate presentation. Givenchy will continue to concentrate on its ready-to-wear line and has declined to comment on whether there are any plans to create haute couture collections again in the future.

Vogue.co.uk

Maybe the world really is ending...:wtf:

Vogue.co.uk

tGB10.gif

i applaude them for this.
i mean, karl lagerfeld designed TWENTY collections in 2012.
and it really shows.
i prefer two good rtw collections any day.

i applaude them for this.
i mean, karl lagerfeld designed TWENTY collections in 2012.
and it really shows.
i prefer two good rtw collections any day.

Just to make sure you arent confused (or that Im confused by your comment) but Karl doesnt have anything to do with Givenchy.

I am gutted!!!!! Givenchy was the best thing on the couture schedule since galliano left Dior!! NOW what???

yeah, i know. i just wanted to say that it's better to know when to take a break like tisci than to put out 20 collections full of crap like karl.

yeah, i know. i just wanted to say that it's better to know when to take a break like tisci than to put out 20 collections full of crap like karl.

Ah, I see now. :) Karl's Fendi collections and his own"Karl" line is total sh%t these days. Oh and Chanel is SO hit and miss!

If anything, Tisci should take a break with RTW and do only couture (which I know is totally delusional since couture is unprofitable). Although his couture collections have been repetitive the past few seasons, at least they're well designed. I've never been a fan of his RTW collections, especially his terrible menswear collections with the ugly prints.

WTH? I read about this on Tumblr and thought it was a joke. :(
That's so sad... :cry:

Spring 2012 and Fall 2012 were beautiful. I was really looking forward to Spring 2013 :(

013fullscreen.jpg

019fullscreen.jpg