Girl Model (PBS)

dietcokediet

Super Star
May 30, 2013
Buenos Aires
New documentary, here's the description:

Girl Model strips away the façade of the modeling industry by following two people whose lives intersect because of it. Ashley is a deeply conflicted American model scout, and 13-year-old Nadya, plucked from a remote Siberian village and promised a lucrative career in Japan, is her latest discovery. As the young girl searches for glamour and an escape from poverty, she confronts the harsh realities of a culture that worships youth — and an industry that makes perpetual childhood a globally traded commodity. An Official Selection of the 2011 International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam. Winner, 2011 POV | Alpha Cine Award. Produced in association with American Documentary | POV.

http://www.pbs.org/pov/girlmodel/

Sounds interesting, right?

I saw it a while ago, it was very weird, but I liked it.

It was one of those "agencies make you pay for trips abroad even if you don't earn money" documentaries...

Interesting:hmm: It seems like there are two sides: the "poor little ethnic girl" model who is shamed and receives an agressive treatment from the bookers; then there's the "poor booker" stance, where the teenage model doesn't give a fuck and the booker gets closer and closer to a panic attack.

Oh, I watched that a few months ago. It was so disheartening to watch. I felt so bad for that model because she was so desperate to help her family and that agency treated her like total shit.

I've seen this as well! The American Scout person was sooooooo creepy, there was a scene in the movie where she shows everyone secret photos she's been taking of model's legs under the table :wtf:

I've seen this as well! The American Scout person was sooooooo creepy, there was a scene in the movie where she shows everyone secret photos she's been taking of model's legs under the table :wtf:

She was weird as hell... like she wanted everyone to feel bad for her or something?? As if her life was just so difficult... :nopity:

She was weird as hell... like she wanted everyone to feel bad for her or something?? As if her life was just so difficult... :nopity:

I remember her saying that a good proportion of the girls she scouts fall into prostitution because they're so young and don't understand the difference...it was disturbing as f*** to say the least but you would think that since she's been in the same position she wouldn't do it to other people?? And don't get me started on those creepy dolls!

PAA.jpg

AHAP.jpg

My answer to this is go to helll bitch , there are so many woman who are used drugged and die because of prostitution and you say is normal?
Normal is to make your own decisions and make love with who you want, not being used as an object for money that you dont even get.
This people make me mad

My answer to this is go to helll bitch , there are so many woman who are used drugged and die because of prostitution and you say is normal?
Normal is to make your own decisions and make love with who you want, not being used as an object for money that you dont even get.
This people make me mad
While I agree that prostitution (if the person is of legal age and not forced in any way) is not a terrible thing, this woman is crazy.
I need to rewatch the movie, but from what I remember, she had some strange obsession with dolls. Creepy and crazy.