Gilmore Girls

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
I can't believe there isn't a thread on Gilmore Girls. I absolutely love this show! Here in the UK it's relatively unknown and underrated and feel like it deserves way more attention. Plus I think Alexis Bledel is incredibly beautiful and I really wish I could be like Lorelai (personality wise) :). I'm completely obsessed.
For anyone that hasn't seen it I really recommend watching it, it's not like other typical American teenage shows.

Some of my favourite Quotes :)

[Lorelai walks into Luke's apartment, which is a complete mess]
Lorelai: What happened to this place?
Luke: Nothing.
Lorelai: This is what I always pictured the inside of my head to look like.

---------

Lorelai: Give me a burger, onion rings, and a list of people who killed their parents and got away with it. I need some heroes

-------

Michel: I’m going to be unemployed. A very attractive asset on the dating scene. You know, we have our own little section at Match.com.

---------

Lorelai: Hey, you know what I just realized? Oy is the funniest word in the entire world. I mean think about it, you never hear the word oy and not smile. Impossible. Funny, funny word."
Emily: "Oh dear God."
Lorelai: Poodle is another funny word. In fact, if you put oy and poodle together, in the same sentence, you'd have a great new catch phrase you know? Like, 'Oy with the poodles already'. :lol:

I loved it, here in my country they repeated it like 5 times, me and my sister watched every episode every time. My mom used to hate the way Lorelai spoke, veeery fast but that's exactly what I loved about the show, its dynamic and the relationships and how they developed throughout the years. Plus it was an original story line. Its not on TV anymore here but if it was I would not miss it.
And Lorelai's one liners were THE BEST! I totally get what you mean about wanting to be like her!

I used to love this show! I love shows/movies with a lot of witty dialogue. I've probably seen every episode. I also really love Alexis Bledel :)

Love the show. And because I'm a freak, of course I got the whole series in a box :lol:

DVDs are my obsession

Me too and mine too :D

I love Gilmore Girls. And Jess!

Ahh Jess :luv: I love the scene when Luke pushes him in the water and just keeps on walking :lol:

I liked Dean also but only when he became a man with muscles and the new haircut. When he and Rory had the affair.

Love the show. And because I'm a freak, of course I got the whole series in a box :lol:

DVDs are my obsession

My boyfriend got me the entire series on dvds even though he can't stand it and makes me watch it with headphones on ;)

I now rewatch it in Spanish (for studying purposes of course :))

Yess!!! Jess was the one for Rory...well, should have been at least.

I miss this show so much, i wish there were like another million episodes. :grin:

Why do all good things come to an end? :rolleyes:

Why does everyone think Jess is the one for Rory. I actually think none of the guys were right for her.
Dean - small town boy/no potential and way into Rory
Jess - flaky
Logan - Flaky and way too smooth for her

Wow! I think they are talking very fast in english and spanish is such a fast language. Couldn't do it :)

It is difficult for me. I often pause and rewind and rewatch fragments with English or Polish subtitles. But I know the show very well and I actually remember some of the lines, so that makes it easier :) And the fact that they talk so fast makes me want to talk in Spanish, too!

I LOVE gilmore girls. It's been years since I've watched it but man back in high school I had the biggest girl crush on Rory she's so its cute and petite. I wanted to be her when I was in high school!

I adore this show! I just started watching it a couple of years ago when I saw that the first two seasons were on sale for $10 each. I have since bought all of the seasons and have started watching them over again.
I love the characters and their gorgeous small town, it's so much fun to watch. Plus Rory is way cute and Lorelai does have the coolest personality (she's hilarious).

I'm pretty sure I talk fast because I grew up with this show. The dialogue in this show is just hilarious. Ms. Patty (while the opposite of thinspo) was always one of the funniest to me.

I'm bringing some love to this thread. I just keep rewatching and rewatching. I never get bored.

Opening scenes

Lane's first kiss

Oh I love Gilmore Girls too! I have collected all the seven seasons and watched them at least five times. It's just so hilarious and romantic and clever show.

Stars Hollow is charming with all the quirky festivals.
Lorelai and Rory are so funny and smart and beautiful.
Luke is so sweet, his grumpiness only makes him sweeter :grin:
It's so amusing how Kirk works absolutely EVERYWHERE :lol:

tumblr_mlpospVeLe1s781oho1_500.gif

Oh I love Gilmore Girls too! I have collected all the seven seasons and watched them at least five times. It's just so hilarious and romantic and clever show.

Stars Hollow is charming with all the quirky festivals.
Lorelai and Rory are so funny and smart and beautiful.
Luke is so sweet, his grumpiness only makes him sweeter :grin:
It's so amusing how Kirk works absolutely EVERYWHERE :lol:

tumblr_mlpospVeLe1s781oho1_500.gif

I know. Best show ever in my opinion. I want to live in Stars Hallow. I love it's quirky charm :p

Lane's first kiss

[/QUOTE]

Bible kiss Bible [emoji173]️

I loved watching this show and miss it! One of the funnier shows on TV plus I like Melissa McCarthy wayyyyy better on Gilmore Girls than what she's doing in movies like Tammy.

I love this show! Oh the memories! I've watched this show so many times I can't even keep count! I think I am the only one who actually liked Logan and Rory together. :oops: