Thank you!! I figured there had to be an Instagram story or post from Bella that started all of this, but all I could find was that photo and show emojis? And no media outlets have mentioned it yet. Maybe in time she’ll even post “an official apology”.

It’s so funny/ironic that she’s pissed off thousands and thousands of people and it won’t affect her career at all :rolleyes:
Why should it affect her career? She is supposedly inciting 'pure hatred and racism against Muslims and Arabs' just because she dares to call out the Emirate regime? The last things the Saudi-UAE alliance want is democracy, progressive Islam and freedom of thought in Sudan. Just because they are flush with oil cash it doesn't mean the fashion industry should have to avpid being truthful so as not to piss them off. Not a big Bella fan but on her side here.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Am I the only one who just thought she was putting her boot up as if in a position of relaxation and not as if to attack an entire portion of the planet? Maybe I'm just blissfully ignorant but it seemed to me like she was just showcasing her boots lol

& I agree with @sentier that celebrities/models should be allowed to express their political views online, especially seeing as hers isn't exactly unfounded. If you're famous enough, having a public opinion (no matter how casual) will more than likely offend a number of people— @modelmuch, @Skinnydarling, do you expect her to remain a silent dumb model* and sit back instead of using her platform to raise awareness so she can avoid 'affecting her career'? :blahblah:

*I use that term liberally

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Am I the only one who just thought she was putting her boot up as if in a position of relaxation and not as if to attack an entire portion of the planet? Maybe I'm just blissfully ignorant but it seemed to me like she was just showcasing her boots lol

& I agree with @sentier that celebrities/models should be allowed to express their political views online, especially seeing as hers isn't exactly unfounded. If you're famous enough, having a public opinion (no matter how casual) will more than likely offend a number of people— @modelmuch, @Skinnydarling, do you expect her to remain a silent dumb model* and sit back instead of using her platform to raise awareness so she can avoid 'affecting her career'? :blahblah:

I thought so too lol about the instagram story, and regarding what you wrote about being public about political views and opinions - I couldn’t have said it better myself! I think it’s great when models and celebrities raise their voices and speak up about issues and their opinions/beliefs. They shouldn’t have to tiptoe around important subjects just because they’re famous and risk offending a few people along the way. It’s impossible to please everyone so as long as you present your opinion in a respectful way, I don’t see any issue with models sharing their views on different matters.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you!! I figured there had to be an Instagram story or post from Bella that started all of this, but all I could find was that photo and show emojis? And no media outlets have mentioned it yet. Maybe in time she’ll even post “an official apology”.

It’s so funny/ironic that she’s pissed off thousands and thousands of people and it won’t affect her career at all :rolleyes:

@modelmuch

Ha ha, no problem, I was also very confused when you mentioned it... Really had to go looking for the supposed reason. Honestly don’t think it would affect her career... I mean the fashion industry doesn’t really care that much about politics, unless it costs them money I guess.

Why should it affect her career? She is supposedly inciting 'pure hatred and racism against Muslims and Arabs' just because she dares to call out the Emirate regime? The last things the Saudi-UAE alliance want is democracy, progressive Islam and freedom of thought in Sudan. Just because they are flush with oil cash it doesn't mean the fashion industry should have to avpid being truthful so as not to piss them off. Not a big Bella fan but on her side here.

@sentier

Totally agree with you! Don’t think she deserves to get backlash for this. I was just trying to identify what people had an issue with... In any case, to those offended she corrected her mistake and apologized so the fact that they’re still on a witch hunt is pretty crazy (the original offending post was posted like 4 days ago). Shame, but honestly I think this is just an important message to be careful with what one posts on social media 👍 Clearly Bella is one that is too scared to stick to her beliefs or just wants to cater to the general public. If you’re a firm believer of something, you’re allowed to share your views but I would also expect you to stick with them.

@stargirl

Trust me, I would never have found the supposed issue if I didn’t scale through numerous tweets of offended parties. If I had seen the pic on her story when she posted it, I would have thought it’s another model at the airport waiting for her flight. I honestly don’t think she did anything bad especially in comparison to how people are reacting. Let her share her public opinion: I just wish she would stick with it. Instead she’s decided to do PR control and is saying that she was misinformed.

Also I don’t think it will affect her career. From what I’ve seen, the fashion industry doesn’t care much about politics.

Most models are not dumb (I know you used the word liberally) and as such I enjoy it when they speak out about issues. However the way Bella addressed the issue was perhaps not the right way to do it.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: 1 users

Seems like a big misunderstanding after all...

View attachment 56677

Well that isn’t stupid at all. :facepalm:
No body, no face, no brains... This girl has nothing (maybe except for the following, but as we are seeing - gonna end soon) 😑
I think @Skinnydarling was calling the people destroying their Dior products stupid, but I don't disagree with you, @FlatWhite. Though in the end I think this is a boon for Dior- ultimately these people are just going to buy more to replace what they've gotten rid of.

I hardly need to state how unimpressed I generally am with Bella as a model, but this hyperbolic outrage over shoes and aircrafts is silly. Heroic as ever, Mohamed has taken to local press in part defence, part praise of his favourite daughter--as surely no opportunity to remind us of her thousands of stalkerish fans shall pass unexploitedly by!-- and while I am tempted to ask again about who exactly is okaying the Hadids’ erratic PR maneuvers, I must say I agree with the overall thrust of his message. Of-fucking-course Bella didn't intend any disrespect.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
It's so much worse than I thought. Bella's arms are borderline flabby and Gigi's face looks puffy and resembles a moon emoji (you know which one!)
She looks overweight, not even healthy.

• Eye Roll
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
It's so much worse than I thought. Bella's arms are borderline flabby and Gigi's face looks puffy and resembles a moon emoji (you know which one!)View attachment 57660 She looks overweight, not even healthy.

View attachment 57659

Maybe it’s because she is standing next to her much fatter sister, but Bella doesn’t look too bad here. Still nowhere near thin enough but it seems like this is the best she’s looked in a while.

Having said that, the Hadid sisters weight fluctuations always seem to be out of sync - when one sisters weight is up, he other’s is down and visa versa. Strange.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Fixed that for you
Hey, something can be depressing in a hilarious way :p
I am glad I avoided looking closely at her face for so long then; I don't need to see that double chin. I can't believe some people even consider these two women attractive/"thin" (wtf) >_>

She looks overweight, not even healthy.
Overweight in SGF terms, but clinically I really doubt it. Sure she’s chunky, bloated and repulsive, but in these particular photos I’d say she looked bmi 22-24. That being said, when it comes to fat people I can’t tell the difference between 200lbs and 600lbs, much the same with bmi’s over 20.

Mind you, she was at Versace recently and looked terrible. I wasn’t gonna post it initially but...

50E80FF2-43D4-4939-B50A-0ED4B0647D6A.jpeg

If you told me she was an overweight plus size model I wouldn’t question it for a second :superpuke:

Remember that weird moment in 2016 where she looked passably skinny and pretty? Even Bella looked relatively okay-ish (and less plastic facially) too. In a sense I kinda miss it, at least on behalf of them.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users