Why is it standard? It means they are not that close despite being siblings, which (imo) is sad. Sibling rivalry is only healthy to a certain degree... it's the mentality of "me vs. you" when in reality, both parties can be successful. So yes, it is sad, but it should not be standard.

This is what I never understood about sibling rivalry. We had two sets of twins (well actually like six sets in my highschool, but irrelevant). These two sets of twins were the most athletic people I have ever met. One set both went to olympic trials for swimming then one went to college on a full ride for swimming and the other for lacrosse. The next set of twins both played soccer and lacrosse. They embraced their rivalry and made each other better.

I mean yea it's annoying when your little sister is taller than you or if one sister is skinnier, but I've never seen the whole rivalry thing valid. Like for most cases, I feel like siblings tend to stick together and rivalries are generally 'friendly' and not like therapy inducing

Why is it standard? It means they are not that close despite being siblings, which (imo) is sad. Sibling rivalry is only healthy to a certain degree... it's the mentality of "me vs. you" when in reality, both parties can be successful. So yes, it is sad, but it should not be standard.

I agree with you. That was what I was trying to say.

No I definitely agree with you on that! Gigi, Kate U, Kendall, whoever - all models. However, some members do perceive the models section differently - some see it as being TFS-like where every model gets a thread and some talk about models being 'worthy of a thread' (e.g. threads are for models who are deserving). So I guess that's where the disagreements come from/

Yes, I think the history behind the Models subforum was that it was reserved for ones that are "worthy", in other words, high fashion models with the odd very good/successful commercial model. I made the mistake (like several others) of posting threads about average commercial models (like Gigi) in the Models subforum. I would be open to the idea of trying to keep the Models subforum "pure" with only models that deserve to be there, and to post about "lesser models" somewhere else. The "Celebrities" subforum is an appropriate place if the model is well known, but I'd like to see a new subforum for models that don't belong in the Models subforum nor in the Celebrities forum, nor the Takedowns subforum.

For example, I have an irrational like for an Australian commercial model, Tahnee Atkinson (http://www.skinnygossip.com/community/threads/tahnee-atkinson.6031/). I think she has a gorgeous face and I have a bit of a crush on her (even though she needs to lose a LOT of weight!). She was once in the "Models" subforum and was moved to the "Takedowns" subforum. Now she DEFINITELY does not belong in the "Models" subforum but I don't think she belongs in the Takedowns subforum either.

I mean, if people are going to post threads about models that aren't high fashion or super famous, then it would be nice for there to be a section of the forums dedicated to threads about those sorts of models, as opposed to people posting about them in the wrong sections, and ruining those sections for everyone else. Though common sense tells me that I'm probably the only one that wants this - as I am sure the majority of you would say: don't post about them at all! HAHA.

Reactions: 1 user
32BDA2E500000578-3517977-image-m-72_1459518350663.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Most people know her more of 'Kardashian' type fame as opposed to someone making waves in the modeling industry. Like 'famous for being famous' and popping up on other 'famous for being famous' celebs' instagrams.. I mean she's too big to take seriously as a model

Yes, I think the history behind the Models subforum was that it was reserved for ones that are "worthy", in other words, high fashion models with the odd very good/successful commercial model. I made the mistake (like several others) of posting threads about average commercial models (like Gigi) in the Models subforum. I would be open to the idea of trying to keep the Models subforum "pure" with only models that deserve to be there, and to post about "lesser models" somewhere else. The "Celebrities" subforum is an appropriate place if the model is well known, but I'd like to see a new subforum for models that don't belong in the Models subforum nor in the Celebrities forum, nor the Takedowns subforum.

For example, I have an irrational like for an Australian commercial model, Tahnee Atkinson (http://www.skinnygossip.com/community/threads/tahnee-atkinson.6031/). I think she has a gorgeous face and I have a bit of a crush on her (even though she needs to lose a LOT of weight!). She was once in the "Models" subforum and was moved to the "Takedowns" subforum. Now she DEFINITELY does not belong in the "Models" subforum but I don't think she belongs in the Takedowns subforum either.

I mean, if people are going to post threads about models that aren't high fashion or super famous, then it would be nice for there to be a section of the forums dedicated to threads about those sorts of models, as opposed to people posting about them in the wrong sections, and ruining those sections for everyone else. Though common sense tells me that I'm probably the only one that wants this - as I am sure the majority of you would say: don't post about them at all! HAHA.

This isn't meant to be a bitchy rant, so please try not to read it that way. Especially when you get down to my plethora of rhetorical questions. It's just my twenty-five cents worth of info dump meets personal opinion, and I am typing it on my phone during a cab ride so it may be blunter than I was intending.

I understand this line of thinking and the history of the subforum overall. But there are a couple of things that don't sit well with me. First, the whole models pop subculture is shifting away from "pure" models towards celebrities and socialites. So, its natural to see the content of a living forum shift accordingly. At one point Vlada's thread rarely sank past halfway on the front page, but that's not as sustained now. Second, there are more ways to organize information in a forum than just building subforums. Tags, ratings, for instance, are two such examples. The tags on this thread are appropriate and if someone doesn't want to waste their time scrolling theough a thread on a chub, or with a negative tone, they can get a good idea of the content of the thread from the tags.

Trying to created nested or segregated boxes of information primarily increases the work required to moderate the forum without really adding value to the overall community. What does anyone gain by multiple model subforums really? Who decides which model is worthy of which subforum? Who makes sure that things are posted where they are supposed to? All this arduous logistics just to increase the number of clicks and page loads it takes to get to content anyway? We have a free-to-access, security vault of a community that requires a lengthy enrollment process. How much more high-maintenance do we really want to be?

While I don't want to discourage any thinking on improving the community, the discussion for it should be broader than a few threads and in the appropriate subforum. Right now, the only people who may participate in this discussion are the people who don't usually ignore this thread. And I think where possible, we should see how we can improve it for ourselves (like descriptive tags and proper thread titles) rather than relying largely on the moderators with forum superpowers. I for one would like AB and SF who are the more active mods I see around to spend more of their time talking to us rather than cleaning up after us.

Plus, as a side note, there is a beauty in not being able to erase your mistakes. If someone creates a thread that is misplaced because they weren't thorough enough, it serves as a good reminder to be more diligent next time. :D (And that is not in reference to this thread, which I think is in the right subforum given its content focuses on fatty hadid's modelling work and street "style" over her social status.)

This isn't meant to be a bitchy rant, so please try not to read it that way. Especially when you get down to my plethora of rhetorical questions. It's just my twenty-five cents worth of info dump meets personal opinion, and I am typing it on my phone during a cab ride so it may be blunter than I was intending.

I understand this line of thinking and the history of the subforum overall. But there are a couple of things that don't sit well with me. First, the whole models pop subculture is shifting away from "pure" models towards celebrities and socialites. So, its natural to see the content of a living forum shift accordingly. At one point Vlada's thread rarely sank past halfway on the front page, but that's not as sustained now. Second, there are more ways to organize information in a forum than just building subforums. Tags, ratings, for instance, are two such examples. The tags on this thread are appropriate and if someone doesn't want to waste their time scrolling theough a thread on a chub, or with a negative tone, they can get a good idea of the content of the thread from the tags.

Trying to created nested or segregated boxes of information primarily increases the work required to moderate the forum without really adding value to the overall community. What does anyone gain by multiple model subforums really? Who decides which model is worthy of which subforum? Who makes sure that things are posted where they are supposed to? All this arduous logistics just to increase the number of clicks and page loads it takes to get to content anyway? We have a free-to-access, security vault of a community that requires a lengthy enrollment process. How much more high-maintenance do we really want to be?

While I don't want to discourage any thinking on improving the community, the discussion for it should be broader than a few threads and in the appropriate subforum. Right now, the only people who may participate in this discussion are the people who don't usually ignore this thread. And I think where possible, we should see how we can improve it for ourselves (like descriptive tags and proper thread titles) rather than relying largely on the moderators with forum superpowers. I for one would like AB and SF who are the more active mods I see around to spend more of their time talking to us rather than cleaning up after us.

Plus, as a side note, there is a beauty in not being able to erase your mistakes. If someone creates a thread that is misplaced because they weren't thorough enough, it serves as a good reminder to be more diligent next time. :D (And that is not in reference to this thread, which I think is in the right subforum given its content focuses on fatty hadid's modelling work and street "style" over her social status.)

No offence taken. My thinking when I wrote my post was about staying "true" to the original purpose of the Models subforum - not that I think we need to or should, but that it appears that some established members (from what I've observed) would prefer it that way. If that's the case, then the "not worthy" models (who don't fall in another existing subforum) should either have their own subforum or not Be posted about at all. Alternatively if members aren't overly concerned about limiting the content of the Models subforum to high fashion SG skinny models, then everyone should feel free to post about ALL models.

I like reading posts about all types of models so definitely want to see them somewhere on SGF - am not fussed where :)

@blue I assume the thread is still here to let other people see that this community is against all the praise for TscheeTschee since the Takedown section (where there is one Anti thread for the sisters) is closed for public.

I hope this is why. Personally I like having it in public view bc it shows everyone our views on her, and the "philosophy" of SG. Like others said Hailee is in full view with her big jugs, there's good reasons for that too.

Reactions: 6 users
Tags, ratings, for instance, are two such examples. The tags on this thread are appropriate and if someone doesn't want to waste their time scrolling theough a thread on a chub, or with a negative tone, they can get a good idea of the content of the thread from the tags.
Oh I would LOVE to have ratings for models. That way, our beloved high fashion goddesses would get the recognition they deserve, as would our socialite-celeb models (in the form of low/negative ratings) :twisted: perhaps one day, if AB is bored out of his mind? :kiss:

This is possibly one of the most thoughtful and intelligent rants I've read on here in a while. :luvluv:

Oh I would LOVE to have ratings for models. That way, our beloved high fashion goddesses would get the recognition they deserve, as would our socialite-celeb models (in the form of low/negative ratings) :twisted: perhaps one day, if AB is bored out of his mind? :kiss:

YES! Ratings would be great! Please @Alpha Bullcock ! :)

Reactions: 1 user