I really liked her Vogue Brasil cover and I'd hoped she'd end up delivering more in print. She just looks bland and bloated here. Like a chicken breast, or a half baked loaf of bread, or a potato :run:
Her Vogue Paris spread is probably her best work so far.

I wonder if part of her determination has anything to do with wanting to emerge from under Gigi's shadow. Obviously the healthiest motivation comes from oneself, but competition does tend to do wonders.
growing up she was always super insecure about having the "hot big sister" ....

Reactions: 1 users
...To show the internet world that there is one tiny community disagreeing to worship the rich&famous nepotism talentfree celebrities ! :tribe:

This makes no sense. If anything, this thread's classification of Gigi Hadid in the 'Models' section means the opposite.

@blue I assume the thread is still here to let other people see that this community is against all the praise for TscheeTschee since the Takedown section (where there is one Anti thread for the sisters) is closed for public.

That doesn't mean I like seeing this thread always on top yet alone in front of true models, but at least it offers some fun moments and the forum is united while watching this epic tragiccomedy.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait why is she in the Models section ....

Exactly what I was about to write.

@blue I assume the thread is still here to let other people see that this community is against all the praise for TscheeTschee since the Takedown section (where there is one Anti thread for the sisters) is closed for public.

That doesn't mean I like seeing this thread always on top yet alone in front of true models, but at least it offers some fun moments and the forum is united while watching this epic tragiccomedy.

When she first appeared on the scene she was a lot thinner than she is now, and her print work showed potential. This was in her early days, certainly hasn't been the case for a very long time. Really, she never belonged in the Models subforum anyway, but there's not really a place here for posts about 'models' that don't belong in the Models subforum but that don't quite belong in the Takedowns subforum either. Obviously now she belongs in the Takedowns subforum. Her thread with Bella ("the Hadid sisters") gets more posts than this thread so I think it will eventually fall into irrelevance, and won't be updated (well, until a newbie decides to post something!).

When she first appeared on the scene she was a lot thinner than she is now, and her print work showed potential. This was in her early days, certainly hasn't been the case for a very long time. Really, she never belonged in the Models subforum anyway, but there's not really a place here for posts about 'models' that don't belong in the Models subforum but that don't quite belong in the Takedowns subforum either. Obviously now she belongs in the Takedowns subforum. Her thread with Bella ("the Hadid sisters") gets more posts than this thread so I think it will eventually fall into irrelevance, and won't be updated (well, until a newbie decides to post something!).

I think she belongs in celebrities at best.

Isn't it possible to merge the two threads?

Movement of threads between models and takedowns was somewhat discussed when Hailee Lautenbach fell from grace so to speak. The attitude is generally not to move such threads around because the Models subforum is really to discuss professional models irrelevent of whether the discourse is positive or negative. So, unless a thread is created mistakenly for someone who isn't actually a professional model there is no reason to move it out of the model's section. At least that's the take-away I got.

In the broader scope of the discussion, unless I'm mistaken, Gigi makes more money than some of the skinnier models with threads on here, so I don't see why she should be moved. I don't think, for instance, Gemma Ward's or Snej's thread should be moved out of this subforum, even though they are not working models. The site's organization shouldn't really be based on the changing opinion of the participants. Makes it hard to find things, especially given how much some people yo-yo. :facepalm:

Reactions: 6 users
That's why I created 'The Hadid Sisters' thread..didn't want her here in this section haha

Movement of threads between models and takedowns was somewhat discussed when Hailee Lautenbach fell from grace so to speak. The attitude is generally not to move such threads around because the Models subforum is really to discuss professional models irrelevent of whether the discourse is positive or negative. So, unless a thread is created mistakenly for someone who isn't actually a professional model there is no reason to move it out of the model's section. At least that's the take-away I got.

In the broader scope of the discussion, unless I'm mistaken, Gigi makes more money than some of the skinnier models with threads on here, so I don't see why she should be moved. I don't think, for instance, Gemma Ward's or Snej's thread should be moved out of this subforum, even though they are not working models. The site's organization shouldn't really be based on the changing opinion of the participants. Makes it hard to find things, especially given how much some people yo-yo. :facepalm:

Gemma is very much a working model. She had a cover 3 weeks ago and a Vogue Aus ed 2 weeks ago. She is shooting the Vera Wang campaign currently. Same with Snejana. God knows she doesn't book good work, but she opened and closed a show today in Ukraine and she has done a couple of international eds this year so yes she is a working model. Which I define as signed with a top agency actively seeking work.

Isn't it possible to merge the two threads?

No as Takedowns is private.

Like it or not I can't see why this thread should be moved. She's a signed model and on the top 50 models list, she has campaigns and (sadly) walks fashion week and books big Vogue covers. She's a model period. And like others have said she was ''slim'' when this thread was created and idk, she lost weight this season so who knows If she will end up losing more. In the meanwhile we have the takedown too

Reactions: 2 users
Gemma is very much a working model. She had a cover 3 weeks ago and a Vogue Aus ed 2 weeks ago. She is shooting the Vera Wang campaign currently. Same with Snejana. God knows she doesn't book good work, but she opened and closed a show today in Ukraine and she has done a couple of international eds this year so yes she is a working model. Which I define as signed with a top agency actively seeking work.

All right. I stand corrected. But I still maintain that if those two examples are considered working models then Gigi falls into the same category and can stand to retain a thread in this subforum. While I find her bland and didn't like her even in her thinner days, I don't really understand the questioning of this thread in the model's subform. She's a professional model and whether I think she's a fatass or not doesn't change that. While it makes me sad, it's true and my personal emotions and opinions do not change that fact.

Also, despite the use of a poor example, I do think the main point I was attempting to make is valid. While an attempt should be made to make the structure intuitive, it shouldn't follow the whims of the majority readership or turns in each person's career. This doesn't bar a major restructuring of the categorizations to keep up with readership trends, of course. But I still find the questioning of individual threads in this subforum titled after model's we don't like, or feel shouldn't be models, moot.

Reactions: 3 users
That is really sad. But oh so standard for most siblings whether it is in terms of intelligence, sporting prowess, popularity, looks etc.
Why is it standard? It means they are not that close despite being siblings, which (imo) is sad. Sibling rivalry is only healthy to a certain degree... it's the mentality of "me vs. you" when in reality, both parties can be successful. So yes, it is sad, but it should not be standard.

Reactions: 2 users
All right. I stand corrected. But I still maintain that if those two examples are considered working models then Gigi falls into the same category and can stand to retain a thread in this subforum. While I find her bland and didn't like her even in her thinner days, I don't really understand the questioning of this thread in the model's subform. She's a professional model and whether I think she's a fatass or not doesn't change that. While it makes me sad, it's true and my personal emotions and opinions do not change that fact.

Also, despite the use of a poor example, I do think the main point I was attempting to make is valid. While an attempt should be made to make the structure intuitive, it shouldn't follow the whims of the majority readership or turns in each person's career. This doesn't bar a major restructuring of the categorizations to keep up with readership trends, of course. But I still find the questioning of individual threads in this subforum titled after model's we don't like, or feel shouldn't be models, moot.
No I definitely agree with you on that! Gigi, Kate U, Kendall, whoever - all models. However, some members do perceive the models section differently - some see it as being TFS-like where every model gets a thread and some talk about models being 'worthy of a thread' (e.g. threads are for models who are deserving). So I guess that's where the disagreements come from/