I don’t mean to bother or anything but I’m genuinely curious about your “disagree” reaction @proseccoprincess :hahano:
I don't think Cara was "bragging" about eating caviar. They're both rich, and eating caviar really isn't such a big flex for anyone above lower-middle class. The convo was meant to show that Cara's post-show ritual is more "classy" than Bella's- Bella's pizza could have cost $100 for all we know.

Furthermore, the economy has been shit for the past year, and there have always been poor people who are struggling, even before the pandemic (shocker.) Are wealthy celebrities supposed to pretend they aren't wealthy? I don't see how this is "out of touch"- if you're following a top model who was born into wealth on IG, you should know what to expect. One can argue that the class divide which allows individuals to accrue obscene amounts of wealth is a problem, but if you're getting upset over a celebrity's Instagram story you're severely missing the point and focusing your energy into the wrong thing.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 17 users
I don't think Cara was "bragging" about eating caviar. They're both rich, and eating caviar really isn't such a big flex for anyone above lower-middle class. The convo was meant to show that Cara's post-show ritual is more "classy" than Bella's- Bella's pizza could have cost $100 for all we know.

Furthermore, the economy has been shit for the past year, and there have always been poor people who are struggling, even before the pandemic (shocker.) Are wealthy celebrities supposed to pretend they aren't wealthy? I don't see how this is "out of touch"- if you're following a top model who was born into wealth on IG, you should know what to expect. One can argue that the class divide which allows individuals to accrue obscene amounts of wealth is a problem, but if you're getting upset over a celebrity's Instagram story you're severely missing the point and focusing your energy into the wrong thing.

I agree with the fact that wealthy people (celebrities and not) have all the rights in this world to show their wealth, But I also agree with the fact that it’s tacky. Tacky in general though, because this post seemed to me as well made to highlight the differences caviar > pizza or whatever, more than anything another of Bella’s attempts to show how down-to-Earth and relatable she is.

On another note, money don’t buy class :whistling:

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Calm down cause I am not ruining my energy over Bella Hadid lol Yes difference in classes have always existed but we haven’t always been in a pandemic. It’s a delicate situation especially in America. For someone like her who tries to act as an activist on Instagram, this is just vulgar. They’re rich enough for people to imagine that they can afford caviar for dinner, no need to post it on the internet like this. I follow celebrities who are probably richer than both of them and don’t post things like this, cause they’re class act.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: 2 users
Calm down cause I am not ruining my energy over Bella Hadid lol Yes difference in classes have always existed but we haven’t always been in a pandemic. It’s a delicate situation especially in America. For someone like her who tries to act as an activist on Instagram, this is just vulgar. They’re rich enough for people to imagine that they can afford caviar for dinner, no need to post it on the internet like this. I follow celebrities who are probably richer than both of them and don’t post things like this, cause they’re class act.

Wait, wasn’t Bella the one who posted the screenshot of her convo with Cara? Cara didn’t post it herself? I interpreted it as Bella trying to show how “relatable” she is because she’s having pizza and not caviar.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users
Also, I am a lucky girl so a post like this doesn’t hurt me or upset me, but I do have empathy for people who lives have absolutely been shattered during this pandemic? Yes, I do. And I would prefer seeing someone who preach about activism and politics actually show some class. If I had the same platform as her, I would be posting different things on the internet, personally. A lot of influencers in Italy have adjusted the type of content they make as an act of sensibility, but it’s not for everyone I guess. We still have the Kardashian posting every travel/parties they attend to while people are getting sick, so I guess this is the smallest of the deal lol

Reactions: 4 users
Yes difference in classes have always existed but we haven’t always been in a pandemic.
The pandemic didn’t create class differences, it exposed them. I would maybe see your point if Bella posted a video at a party, or on vacation, since most people can’t do those things right now (which is 100% related to the pandemic) but otherwise, your post just comes across as ignorant.
For someone like her who tries to act as an activist on Instagram, this is just vulgar
Her brand is definitely not “activist”. Reposting a petition or jumping on a trendy social justice bandwagon every so often does not equal activist. She is popular for flaunting her lifestyle on social media, and always has been. I can recommend some real activists for you to follow, from whom it would be jarring and out of touch to see the caviar story, but Bella definitely is not one of them.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
The pandemic didn’t create class differences, it exposed them. I would maybe see your point if Bella posted a video at a party, or on vacation, since most people can’t do those things right now (which is 100% related to the pandemic) but otherwise, your post just comes across as ignorant.

Her brand is definitely not “activist”. Reposting a petition or jumping on a trendy social justice bandwagon every so often does not equal activist. She is popular for flaunting her lifestyle on social media, and always has been. I can recommend some real activists for you to follow, from whom it would be jarring and out of touch to see the caviar story, but Bella definitely is not one of them.
I do follow real activists, you can keep your recommendations. I still think she tries to brand herself as a bland one, I don’t see how I am ignorant when I just noted that posting stuff like this is out of touch, if you consider classy to brag about wealth in a pandemic, go off I guess

• Sad
  • Eye Roll
Also saying that this pandemic hasn’t contributed to class differences and economic problems lol...educate yourself please. And I am not even talking about stupid Instagram posts. I live in Italy and I know so many people who had a nice, comfortable life they don’t have anymore because of covid and lockdown. Am I allowed to post what I had for Christmas dinner on Instagram knowing there are people which parents have lost everything this year ? Yes I am, but I wouldn’t be surprised if people find it out of touch.

• Useful
  • Agree
????? How is posting a screen shot of something that someone else said “bragging about wealth”??

I was making a general consideration and I didn’t know that Cara hadn’t posted it, as I don’t follow her. Still think it wasn’t the case, but I am not the one who is making a big deal out of this, I just made an observation as it’s not the first time the Hadids/Kardashian do tacky things in this style in a really sensitive time like this one.

Why do I find this so out of touch in the middle of the situation we’re living? There are people losing jobs and the economy is at its worst and you post a screenshot of your friend bragging about eating caviar lol so tacky, empathy is not for everyone I guess. Waiting for the next interview where they cry about how humble they are
Whilst I understand your sentiment, they are just living their lives and the world isn't going to stop. People have been losing jobs before this pandemic as well (although now, obviously, it's happening at a higher rate).

I would take a bigger issue with someone boasting online about travelling during a pandemic and spending huge amounts of money on unnecessary things, both of which I've noticed in the recent months. But the screenshot of someone saying they're eating caviar? Idk, not so much.

Likewise, say you get a new car and want to show it online to your following. Is it inconsiderate because someone else somewhere lost their job or because your neighbour can't afford one right now? Or because there's a war happening on the other side of the world?

Again, I totally understand what you're saying, but I don't think people should be walking on eggshells like that.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I was making a general consideration and I didn’t know that Cara hadn’t posted it, as I don’t follow her.

idk whether Cara posted it or not. That's irrelevant, as your issue seems to be with the fact that Bella posted it.

Am I allowed to post what I had for Christmas dinner on Instagram knowing there are people which parents have lost everything this year ? Yes I am, but I wouldn’t be surprised if people find it out of touch.

So if you send me a private message of what you had for xmas dinner, and then I screenshot that message and post it on my Instagram with the caption "this is what marieebo had for xmas dinner", does that make me out of touch? Because that seems to be your issue with Bella.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Literally when did I say this
You said that poor people and class difference have always existed, when this really special time is something younger generation have never experienced in their life. I can’t even count how many restaurants and boutiques have closed just near my streets. I do think it’s immoral right now to brag or promote this kind of lifestyle and I know so many celebrities and influencers that have adjusted the stuff they post because of this. And I am not only talking about the screenshot right now but in general

• Eye Roll
idk whether Cara posted it or not. That's irrelevant, as your issue seems to be with the fact that Bella posted it.

So if you send me a private message of what you had for xmas dinner, and then I screenshot that message and post it on my Instagram with the caption "this is what marieebo had for xmas dinner", does that make me out of touch?

I don’t think it would be tasteful to do that, personally.

• Eye Roll
Whilst I understand your sentiment, they are just living their lives and the world isn't going to stop. People have been losing jobs before this pandemic as well (although now, obviously, it's happening at a higher rate).

I would take a bigger issue with someone boasting online about travelling during a pandemic and spending huge amounts of money on unnecessary things, both of which I've noticed in the recent months. But the screenshot of someone saying they're eating caviar? Idk, not so much.

Likewise, say you get a new car and want to show it online to your following. Is it inconsiderate because someone else somewhere lost their job or because your neighbour can't afford one right now? Or because there's a war happening on the other side of the world?

Again, I totally understand what you're saying, but I don't think people should be walking on eggshells like that.
I get what you’re saying but this is something that is happening all over the world, idk. I know so many people close to me that completely changed the way they live. I would never be the one to post my new designer bag or car on Instagram during a normal time, let alone now.
All I am saying is that considering her political post and bland activism she is trying to brand herself as someone who is in touch with the struggle of others, meanwhile she does post stuff on her social media which not make her any different than a Kendall Jenner who is hosting big birthday parties or traveling the world. And I am not just referring to this single episode, I just find her hypocrital and vulgar with the way she show off her wealth in a time like this. I don’t follow Gigi Hadid that much but I do think she’s more considerate. And I can name so many other people who don’t show off as much as they did because rightfully, we are in a pandemic.

I get what you’re saying but this is something that is happening all over the world, idk. I know so many people close to me that completely changed the way they live. I would never be the one to post my new designer bag or car on Instagram during a normal time, let alone now.
I agree with that. I wouldn't do that either, simply because I don't think random people care about what I've bought recently.

However, I and many people close to me got affected by this pandemic as well (I lost a job and watched colleagues get promoted to positions they are not qualified for in order to not get laid off simply for being liked by the right people in the company), but I don't expect everybody else to stop living their lives. If I feel bad seeing other people seemingly thriving online, I'm just going to lay off the social media for a while for my own sake.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
You said that poor people and class difference have always existed, when this really special time is something younger generation have never experienced in their life.
If you really think the younger generations have never experienced poverty, disease, and social isolation before the pandemic, I don’t know what to say to you. Either this is a testament to how much smaller the class divide is between Italy and NYC, or you have never left your own bubble.

also: in these times, having a roof over your head gives you “privilege”. Having a phone gives you “privilege”. Having enough disposable time to post on Instagram all day gives you “privilege.” How far are we supposed to extend this “you’re being insensitive and out of touch” thing??

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
If you really think the younger generations have never experienced poverty, disease, and social isolation before the pandemic, I don’t know what to say to you. Either this is a testament to how much smaller the class divide is between Italy and NYC, or you have never left your own bubble.
When did I say that?? You are completely twisting words here. I am saying that it’s a though time for everyone other than a very small percent of people, and even comfortable families I’ve known all my life are experiencing this kind of struggle.