• You can now apply for Skinny Gossip membership online. Click here to begin.
  • We are getting a lot more membership applications than we expected. Be patient while we work through the pile. DO NOT submit a second application!!

Honey

Worker Bee
Reaction score

Rally don’t know what to think at this point, it’s one of the best I’ve seen from her but she’s so... I don’t know how to explain, just vapid and boring even when she’s showing range.

Honestly think if she admitted to her surgery I wouldn’t even mind her that much but as it stands she’s definitely someone I want to see being faded out of fashion fast.

stargirl

Staff member
Reaction score
If they ever make a Stepford Wives remake I want to see Bella as an extra in every seen. I’d say as a main but I’m not too convinced her vocation is acting. It could be like ‘Where’s Wally’ but instead of a stripy top and circular glasses, we’re on the hunt for mommy arms and a botox needle... at least it would get her out of modelling.

proseccoprincess

Community Duchess
Reaction score

Rally don’t know what to think at this point, it’s one of the best I’ve seen from her but she’s so... I don’t know how to explain, just vapid and boring even when she’s showing range.

Honestly think if she admitted to her surgery I wouldn’t even mind her that much but as it stands she’s definitely someone I want to see being faded out of fashion fast.
Why does she keep getting cast in these weird 80s-inspired vanity projects that accomplish nothing except being cringeworthy?

stargirl

Staff member
Reaction score
If they ever make a Stepford Wives remake I want to see Bella as an extra in every seen. I’d say as a main but I’m not too convinced her vocation is acting. It could be like ‘Where’s Wally’ but instead of a stripy top and circular glasses, we’re on the hunt for mommy arms and a botox needle... at least it would get her out of modelling.
*scene ... the sites captures me at my most and least illiterate I swear.

• Agree
Reactions: Kit

habenula

Super Star
Reaction score
Ugh, sorry to also bump this but I happened to see this video today and it made me so sad. I know we've discussed Yolanda's parenting before, but watching this gave me flashbacks to my own mother and made me pity these girls, if only for a moment.

SaintLaurentSkinny

Rising Star
Reaction score
Ugh, sorry to also bump this but I happened to see this video today and it made me so sad. I know we've discussed Yolanda's parenting before, but watching this gave me flashbacks to my own mother and made me pity these girls, if only for a moment.

This also made me sad knowing Bella is sitting there listening to these criticisms and had that pro Ana tumblr.

moins

Grand Dame
Reaction score

Wow her mom reminds me so much of my dad.

I wonder if every time they gain weight it's like a "fuck you" to their mom

• Agree
Reactions: sentier

thelovelybones

Super Star
Reaction score

hazyshadeofwinter

Community Duchess
Reaction score

Am I the only asshole in this thread who didn't feel a lick of pity? None of seemed harsh or shaming... all realistic advise.

Brooke_

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Am I the only asshole in this thread who didn't feel a lick of pity? None of seemed harsh or shaming... all realistic advise.
Yep I think it's pretty reasonable to tell your daughter who desperately wants to be a nepotism model the least thing she can do is adhere to industry standards.

Yolanda seems to hold herself and her daughters to high standards (work hard, be kind, be healthy, don't party, stay thin) and that's completely fine. More so, Gigi and Bella are late teens/adults here not 10 year olds.

vie

Super Star
Reaction score
Wow her mom reminds me so much of my dad.

I wonder if every time they gain weight it's like a "fuck you" to their mom
I completely understand living with a former-model mom who makes too many unsolicited comments about weight, high OR low, so I do feel empathetic ... but that's still an inexcusable mindset for any working model. Reminds me of that old thread from Hailee when she was 'modelmaterial' complaining about how her Next agents telling her to lose inches made her resistant to losing weight. Childish and unacceptable if you're going to pursue a career.

marieebo

Grand Dame
Reaction score
I mean I do think Yolanda has been a little bit over the line w her daughters/not really sensitive but looking at those videos, her and their manager must’ve really worked over night w Gigi as I would’ve never guessed her career could go over a Brandy Melville shoot, let alone a Prada campaign. She really pushed her to the top and I wouldn’t say it’s all because of they money, they’re really driven.

blissrelease

Worker Bee
Reaction score
Hm okay, I did feel bad until it was pointed out that Gigi said she wanted to be a model. If Gigi hadn't expressed interest and Yolanda was just pushing this onto her, I'd feel sorry for her and sorry for Bella for not being the chosen one. But Gigi wanted it, so Yolanda was right in showing her how it is. Yes you can have birthday cake- one bite. Yes you can do sports- but think of which sports, because what you do will change your body. And I'm glad that they shared their moment of "see, isn't all the hard work worth it"

Penthesilea

Rookie
Reaction score

Watching this video I felt as if they didn’t get to choose the life they really wanted, pursuing their mother’s interest instead, you can see gigi is not so happy after all. I can feel how they grew up in a very harsh environment, a (small) piece of cake is just a piece of cake every once in a while, won’t ruin your diet come on