Mere speculation and own opinion here, but Gigi's new ad for Reebok just displays a once naturally athletic girl now restricting to the point that she appears to have muscle wastage? Obviously we are all about being thin on this site, but in a healthy manner. A concave stomach is not the same as a set of abs. The glow she used to have a mere two years ago is completely gone and make-up can try to hide it. However, her skin looks haggard/aged with this lighting and the suspected brow lift/fillers to try to reverse those effects can't really repair that. It's been mentioned before, but all I see is a girl fighting her natural body type.
48D1E13900000578-5344791-image-m-21_1517581433760.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Mere speculation and own opinion here, but Gigi's new ad for Reebok just displays a once naturally athletic girl now restricting to the point that she appears to have muscle wastage? Obviously we are all about being thin on this site, but in a healthy manner. A concave stomach is not the same as a set of abs. The glow she used to have a mere two years ago is completely gone and make-up can try to hide it. However, her skin looks haggard/aged with this lighting and the suspected brow lift/fillers to try to reverse those effects can't really repair that. It's been mentioned before, but all I see is a girl fighting her natural body type.

I understand what you’re saying, but I think it’s exceedingly rare that someone’s ‘natural’ body gravitates towards being super thin.

She’s also 22. Around her age is when people really start to outgrow their babyfat. She’s always had a face that looks older than it actually is, but comparing recent photos to photos from 1-2 years ago, I think she looks so much better. She looked so bloated and unhealthy at one point.

Before:
vKcKAvQ.jpg

MkJa0TS.jpg

After:
r0CSsgo.jpg

UwTd5zM.jpg

usmdDpf.jpg

Being skinny is really hard work. It takes a lot of willpower, consistency, and perseverance to lose weight. I really hate the illusion that it’s something that can or should be easy to do. There’s definitely a concern with appearing graceful/in control when losing weight because the minute you appear distressed or mess up, you run the risk of being associated with poor mental health, or an eating disorder, or unhappiness, or whatever... we think of Audrey Hepburn and Vlada - so dainty and twirly and perfect - and all want to be (or appear to be) like that.

Runway/HF models are in a position where they literally will not get work if they’re too big, and it’s not like they have a college degree or technical skillset to fall back on should the modeling not work out. That’s some serious mental motivation. For others whose lives would not be seriously affected by being 15-20 pounds heavier, it’s even more challenging. So I honestly really commend Gigi and her efforts and hope that she continues to make progress with her weight loss (because it’s something she obviously really wants). And I think she looks great, not haggard or ‘muscle wasted’ at all.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
More at Jeremy Scott
tumblr_p3v5c1u6UY1v16r4uo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_p3v4syQSMP1v16r4uo1_1280.jpg

There's something off about her face to me...can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the tragic cartoon pink wig, idk

Something really bothers me about her legs. I think it’s the way she walks? Also her head looks like it doesn’t fit on her body to looks so off and awkward.
It might also be the fact that she has those "carrot legs" as some have mentioned here - bigger thighs and thinner calves. That's what makes her legs look a little weird to me

Bella is featured in the new Giuseppe Zanotti campaign.

bella-hadid-giuseppe-zanotti-ss18-01.jpg

bella-hadid-giuseppe-zanotti-ss18-02.jpg

bella-hadid-giuseppe-zanotti-ss18-03-853x800.jpg
bella-hadid-giuseppe-zanotti-ss18-04-857x800.jpg

Not a huge fan of her body in this (or Giuseppe's horrible shoe designs) but I'd be lying if I said I didn't sort-of-kind-of-maybe like her face here. I'm well aware her stern look is probably a permanent result of injections but I actually think her face, specifically her cheeks, look pretty decent here. In my opinion, she's the better of the sisters.
I despise those shoes, but I do think she looks decent. However, lighting is helping her out a LOT. Look at the dramatic slimming shadowing on all her limbs, under her chin, her cheekbones...

And I think the editor/s probably helped accentuate the contouring shadows; that's a really fast Photoshop fix.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Gigi at Jeremy Scott F/W 18
Jeremy-Scott-RTW-FW18-New-York-0977-1518126292-bigthumb.jpg
compared to her runway shows last year, she looks a lot better.

In regards to that reebok picture, I think its just lack of editing that makes her look washed out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user