I actually am very supportive of her becoming more of a businesswoman than a model; it shows some sense of work ethic and isn't outshining models who really deserve it (and fewer runway disaster photos) Nepotistic still, sure, but when have people not tried to network to get a better job?
I do too! It's just that whenever I see any of her line w Tommy Hilfiger I just wonder who's going to buy a sweater or a sport bra with the name 'Gigi Hadid' written on it multiple times. She's definitely made a name for herself but she's not Kate Moss. But if they keep on designing things under her name then it probably sells more than I think.

I have some intel on Bella's roller coaster weight gain/ loss scenario.

She does Dr. Passler's "detox" (pretty much just a zero carb 800 calorie week long diet) then followed by strict low calorie Keto to lose quickly. Apparently she's had an eating disorder since age 16, which then evolved into bulimia, and she used to encourage her friends to throw up with her.. I'm guessing she binges and purges, which is probably why she's so often puffy and bloated, and then starves herself with Dr. Passler to drop the weight quickly.

https://www.instagram.com/pure_change/?hl=en
You can see here, Dr. Passler uses her as his poster child for keto.

I actually feel for the girl- of course I agree her success is undeserved but I imagine it must be difficult to fight mental illness under the harsh scope of the public eye. I have friends that also did Passler's program and said he would body shame them and encourage them to eat less.

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users
we are also grown adults here she has to make that desicion herserlf and if she wants to stay within this industry she must face its harsh realities; if she was commited to herself and her happiness (and if that story is true) she should have left the modeling business long ago. that is to say, to work on herself and her recovery. I had to ignore a lot of things and withdraw to actually recover but one cannot stay in a toxic environment for one's own good, at least not for a while

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
we are also grown adults here she has to make that desicion herserlf and if she wants to stay within this industry she must face its harsh realities; if she was commited to herself and her happiness (and if that story is true) she should have left the modeling business long ago. that is to say, to work on herself and her recovery. I had to ignore a lot of things and withdraw to actually recover but one cannot stay in a toxic environment for one's own good, at least not for a while
I blame her mother a lot more than I blame her--Think about it; what are her options now, to go to college late and be a celebrity there and be completely out of place? To go to a treatment facility if she wants it, and have the press go insane? To be known as 'that bulimic ex-model' for the rest of her life? Struggle to get a "normal" job but not have employers want to hire her because of her name/notoriety/past modeling? It's hard to leave the industry for "normal" models, much less someone who is more of a socialite than a generic model. Now that she's started and stayed in it for a while, it's going to be hard for her to get out into a "normal" life even if she wanted to.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Definitely pretty sad. Not surprising though, thinking back to that tumblr. @xoxoadore, it's definitely important that people take responsibility for their own mental health, but like Espresso said, all of her options (at least the ones which include recovery) come with some pretty big sacrifices to reputation or fame. I would not trade places with her.

@lolitasea and @espressoenthusiast, any info on whether Gigi deals with the same stuff? She fluctuates so much as well...

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Definitely pretty sad. Not surprising though, thinking back to that tumblr. @xoxoadore, it's definitely important that people take responsibility for their own mental health, but like Espresso said, all of her options (at least the ones which include recovery) come with some pretty big sacrifices to reputation or fame. I would not trade places with her.

@lolitasea and @espressoenthusiast, any info on whether Gigi deals with the same stuff? She fluctuates so much as well...

Wow. I'm surprised that tumblr account is still up. You'd think she would have deleted it ages ago...

• Agree
@lolitasea and @espressoenthusiast, any info on whether Gigi deals with the same stuff?

All I know in regards to Gigi is that my friend asked her how she lost weight so quickly for her first big job for S.I., and she actually laughed and told her "coke." She lost about ten pounds in two or three weeks. I do feel as though now that she has matured a bit she has figured out more of a diet and routine, she seems pretty disciplined in the gym and looks a lot more toned than Bella.

Totally agree with you, @espressoenthusiast. I still remember Yolanda encouraging them to juice fast at age 16. I think having a young teenager who isn't finished growing yet fast is totally unnecessary. It would have been so much better to instill a sense of moderation and balance in terms of healthy meals and exercise that might have prevented the yo yo-ing that is taking a toll on their health now....

Last edited by a moderator:
My theory regarding the weight gain / loss of the Hadid's is purely based upon my speculation and own experiences, but I would guess that bulimia and drugs are playing a huge roll with their yo-yo problems. They both always appear to be bloated, but most noticeably in the face. At first, it looks as though it could be from injections but the face bloat goes back before their modeling careers "exploded," which suggests the bulimia may have started at an early age. Considering their mother and her relationship with their weight, it wouldn't surprise me.

Bella got a DUI when she was like 16-17, or some crazy young age.. suggesting either a substance problem or negligent parents (in her case, I presume both). Coupled together with the fact that their father is a fucking billionaire and they can do whatever they want and have anything they want, I would not be surprised that they're used to getting what they want and fast. So when it comes to losing weight ASAP, the easiest route is crash diet, purge, and luxury drugs. And plus, losing weight without any sort of work out routine is a quick recipe for a spongy-soft body, which is their signature. To top it all off, Bella's relationship with The Weeknd is pretty telling because my boyfriend knows a lot of his friends from Toronto (where they're both from and share the same tattoo artist) and says he was very well known for doing a crazy cocktail of drugs and just zoning out while they were out at the club, and Bella dated him for well over a year, so I can only imagine how hard they partied (insert snowflake emoji).

If anyone has ever tried coke and/or purging to lose weight, you'll quickly realize that though the scale may say you weigh a certain (tiny) number, you will look 10 pounds heavier because the water weight gain is craaazy. My junior year of college was my "reckless" phase and I weighed like under 100 pounds but looked like a manatee because of being constantly dehydrated and bloating and not sleeping... and my body looked eerily similar to Bella's.

Sorry I just wrote a novel I've been sipping champagne all day and have to use this extra, half-drunk energy. Anyway, my beyond over-developed theory is that if you add in coke, bulimia and a crash diet you get the Hadid :twisted:

• Useful
Reactions: 2 users
I really don't think she's been losing/ gaining as much as you guys think since she started modeling. Even in her "skinny days" she wasn't that thin. I think at most she's fluctuated maybe 10 pounds (probably through unhealthy methods based on general, for lack of a better word, flab)

although yo yo dieting is a toxic way to live - I'm sure she just wants to have her cake and eat it too. Be a VS model and eat all those chicken wings and what not. I hope she doesn't have an ED. It could just be crash dieting - but it could not.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Bella got a DUI when she was like 16-17, or some crazy young age.. suggesting either a substance problem or negligent parents (in her case, I presume both). Coupled together with the fact that their father is a fucking billionaire and they can do whatever they want and have anything they want, I would not be surprised that they're used to getting what they want and fast.
Their dad is not a billionaire. Not even close. He filed for personal bankruptcy over 6 times since the late 90's (https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/us/shell-company-bel-air-mansion.html /Forbes has reported too) and has been an on-off millionaire ever since. He's a remarkable developer and a bit of a con-artist, in that all of his "wealth" is largely speculated and fabricated; he's also had nearly one hundred lawsuits, ranging from accusations of fraud, failure to pay legal/judicial fees, and violating city zoning laws or building permits.

Call the Hadid's spoiled and rich all you want; it's true. But, Mohammed has never been even close to that wealthy, and their current wealth has a lot to do with smart mothering, smart connections, and divorce settlements, as well as their own earnings as of late.

/that's all i'll say on the record

• Useful
  • Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Their dad is not a billionaire. Not even close. He filed for personal bankruptcy over 6 times since the late 90's (https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/us/shell-company-bel-air-mansion.html /Forbes has reported too) and has been an on-off millionaire ever since. He's a remarkable developer and a bit of a con-artist, in that all of his "wealth" is largely speculated and fabricated; he's also had nearly one hundred lawsuits, ranging from accusations of fraud, failure to pay legal/judicial fees, and violating city zoning laws or building permits.

Call the Hadid's spoiled and rich all you want; it's true. But, Mohammed has never been even close to that wealthy, and their current wealth has a lot to do with smart mothering, smart connections, and divorce settlements, as well as their own earnings as of late.

/that's all i'll say on the record

I'll admit my source calling him a billionaire was straight from a Daily Mail article, or some other BS source. I wasn't necessarily going for facts... more like "shock" value but it's good to know he's a sleezy real estate "mogul." Not shocked whatsoever.

To top it all off, Bella's relationship with The Weeknd is pretty telling because my boyfriend knows a lot of his friends from Toronto (where they're both from and share the same tattoo artist) and says he was very well known for doing a crazy cocktail of drugs and just zoning out while they were out at the club
Maybe I just know too many addicts/dealers** but you wouldn't need to party with Abel to assume this is the case? He has several songs directly referring to his heavy substance use/abuse (especially love for cocaine). He has collabed with Belly, who is HEAVY HEAVY into substances and whose father was arrested for trafficking (cocaine.. in the family business.. if I'm not mistaken). Both Bella and Selena's relationship with The Weeknd is indicative of substance use.... there's no way they could just stand by while he sniffs a bag of blow (and god knows what else... here's a hint: not just uppers) and not participate.

Also Gigi "dated" Zayn who has substance issues. Like attracts like. I'm willing to bet any amount of money these guys would be a hella lot of fun to party with. It shouldn't be a surprise at ALL that they've all done coke (and more) at some point. And hence the yoyo weight loss/gain.

**thru my job in case y'all wondering :lol:

Reactions: 2 users

Just saw a post of Shiva safai, Mohammed's girlfriend, wishing happy birthday to Bella.
She wasn't invited to Bella's bday but she posted a pic of her and Bella way before all her surgeries. I noticed that bella didn't like it and didn't answer either... Also noticed that Gigi nor Bella follow her future step-mom. :drama:

Better luck next time, Sherlock, but both Gigi and Bella follow Shiva on Instagram and that pic is from 2016(?).

Continuing the analogy, it might seem elementary, dear Watson that girls who date users adopt the habit themselves, but I'd urge some caution in your online innuendos. Not because I personally care (I don't), but there's a reason those gossip columns who post blind items do so in riddles and without naming names, and that is defamation.

(Also, me being preemptively defensive and all, this is not aimed at either @lolitasea or @espressoenthusiast. Infer from that whatever you please.)

Btw, I am told Bella has been talking about leaving fashion for acting, which is both extremely original of course, and also strategically sound judging by her oh-so convincing performance in the Dior ad campaigns.

Better luck next time, Sherlock, but both Gigi and Bella follow Shiva on Instagram and that pic is from 2016(?).

Continuing the analogy, it might seem elementary, dear Watson that girls who date users adopt the habit themselves, but I'd urge some caution in your online innuendos. Not because I personally care (I don't), but there's a reason those gossip columns who post blind items do so in riddles and without naming names, and that is defamation.

(Also, me being preemptively defensive and all, this is not aimed at either @lolitasea or @espressoenthusiast. Infer from that whatever you please.)

Btw, I am told Bella has been talking about leaving fashion for acting, which is both extremely original of course, and also strategically sound judging by her oh-so convincing performance in the Dior ad campaigns.

I read somewhere she dreams of winning as Oscar one day.

• Funny

Btw, I am told Bella has been talking about leaving fashion for acting, which is both extremely original of course, and also strategically sounds judging by her oh-so convincing performance in the Dior ad campaigns.

Just double checked everything, and my hypothesis is far from the truth.
Hahaha my bad, but I don't see any defamation, only badly researched facts. Just checked and they are following her. I don't see her reputation being harmed by me saying her dad's gf intended to throw shade, but rather by some other comments on substance abuse. Any gossip is potential defamation. Anyway, I will be more careful next time before I defame a celebrity on SkinnyGossip.

• WTF
Yikes.

28463CB3-522E-40F8-9894-3986E4A33C2A.jpeg
13C3D96A-8EE9-4F8F-8859-7F2F0EBAE803.jpeg
5FD65905-D2CE-48F7-8185-220A5A1FAB61.jpeg

• Gross
  • WTF
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users