SkinnyGossip Royal
Aug 1, 2013
Australia
My ipad will only let me post 1 attachment at a time, so here's part 1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 302
I wonder when Gemma will admit that this was her big issue as well? She's said in interviews that she and Heath bonded over personal struggles, and we all know how Gemma's career ended. Whatever her story, I'm glad she and Sophie are moving on with their lives and seem happier. Gemma must have had her baby by now too?

It bugs me how she pretty much says that the modeling industry is supportive and encourages eating disorders. Also a BMI of 16.3 isn't bad or dangerous (as long as you are getting to it in a healthy way) :rolleyes:.

Some are fine with <16, while others get health problems with a higher BMI. But its the psyche suffering most while dealing with an ED.

Reactions: 1 user
Some are fine with <16, while others get health problems with a higher BMI. But its the psyche suffering most while dealing with an ED.

Ah, yes. So so true.

This was a really good article! I personally enjoyed it.

But its the psyche suffering most while dealing with an ED.

Exactly - that's why I have a problem with her characterizing the whole industry as a bunch of agents that force the models to develop eating disorders and that all the models have eating disorders. Just because someone restricts or aspires to be as thin or thinner than she was doesn't mean that they have an eating disorder.

Reactions: 1 user
Exactly - that's why I have a problem with her characterizing the whole industry as a bunch of agents that force the models to develop eating disorders and that all the models have eating disorders. Just because someone restricts or aspires to be as thin or thinner than she was doesn't mean that they have an eating disorder.

Completely agree as well--they restrict to look good and keep their job. That's not a disorder. A disorder is doing unhealthy things with no end point in sight. There's no goal weight or look they're trying to achieve they're just trying to look better and better and never seeing results because of a deformed mental state they're in. Also one cannot force another to have an eating disorder. An agent may say lose weight but an agent cannot rewire a model's brain into a disordered way of thinking. People are constantly trying to shift blame of their own issues onto others

Reactions: 1 users

perfectly said. I have a friend who is genuinely not meant to be under bmi 17 (i feel bad for her) and she gets fainting spells, hair loss, bone problems, etc after that and no period. For me, I can get to under 15.7 before i see any major issues (that i can usually fix with supplements). ED's are about the mental cause, not the body result