Gemma Ward

I'm not convinced with her acting skills... she only had a mini role in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie... 5 minutes, a little bit of singing, looking good, flashing her vampire teeth (yes they had mermaids with vampire teeth :p) and that was it.

Actually, she played in a couple other movies before Pirates of the Caribbean. Supposedly, acting and drama is a passion of hers, so I'm really happy that she gets a shot to it! Hopefully it'll lead her somewhere.

she was such a doll before
tumblr_m1k8w4TJ9w1qb6hllo1_500.jpg

She used to so thinspirational and adorable. She had presence. She has no presence anymore and that is not good news for her acting career.

This is what I'm afraid of for myself: I know I'll never be obese or fat, but I'm terrified I'll go from somewhat petite to flat out average looking...

She was one of my favourites.

gemma-ward-0-567782b73.jpg

tumblr_lgcn9q9dYK1qaf0byo1_500.jpg

^^ I was amazed, gazing at how her legs looked, until her my eyes reached her feet :wtf:... is it me, or do they look kinda... big and manly??!! with pink nails, bahahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful editorial of hers from a 2005 Vogue Italia I came across, sorry if some pictures are repeats
tumblr_m11ekvQqWX1qc0kluo1_500.jpg
4327420206_d5a8a949c9_o.jpg

tumblr_l87lwe3PDR1qzoaqio1_500.jpg
tumblr_lx1mv8x8Cc1qf7okro1_500.jpg

tumblr_ln3zwySDGt1qfldlxo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lhnwh2p2M81qg5u0eo1_500.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I hope she does so well as an actress that Anna Wintour gives her a solo Vogue US cover so we'll finally have a model on the cover :D

I had no clue she had gained weight 0.o I keep seeing her old photos so I thought she was still like that that really is sad =(

She was so amazing when she first came onto the scene - a surreal alien kind of beauty. I was so impressed by her...

"When she walked into the studio, this was the first time I’d met her - not often do you take a step backwards… I was very surprised by her beauty. She had a kind of beauty that was then slightly “otherworldly”, slightly not quite of this planet. There’s such a fragility about her. I put her (Gemma) in a room full of mirrors and asked her to behave like she hated her reflection. She beat her fists against the mirror until they bled. And she screamed screams that came from somewhere very deep. I do think she’s fantastic."
Nick Knight on Gemma. :(

"When she walked into the studio, this was the first time I’d met her - not often do you take a step backwards… I was very surprised by her beauty. She had a kind of beauty that was then slightly “otherworldly”, slightly not quite of this planet. There’s such a fragility about her. I put her (Gemma) in a room full of mirrors and asked her to behave like she hated her reflection. She beat her fists against the mirror until they bled. And she screamed screams that came from somewhere very deep. I do think she’s fantastic."
Nick Knight on Gemma. :(

oh my this has to be one of the most beautiful things I've red! I wonder if it was all of the anger she had to herself for having to take such drastic measures to stay so thin and when she did that she just let her anger go. Clearly she was struggling to stay so thin so even though he probably didn't know it it was coming from a genuine place. Gemma will always be so beautiful in my eyes, her face is just perfect.