Gemma Ward

so hard to look at her stunning, oh sooo stunning, face:luv:....sure i think the lower weight suited her more but i really want her to be a happy person...so i will cross my fingers for her career as an actress :)

I'm sorry for her, but she wasn't persistent enough. She give up at the top of her career and that is sad :cry:

I'm gonna address this comment with some cliches: Things are never what they seem and no one knows what's in the pot except the person stirring it. :grin: Also, quit while you're ahead and always leave them wanting more.

I don't feel sad for her at all. On the contrary, I feel happy for her. She was a model long enough to know how to continue her career and if she quit it's because she wasn't happy. She wasn't failing as a model, she was successful. She chose to quit because she wasn't happy. She's decided to pursue other interests. She no longer has a need to be skinny for her career so she's not. I see her as empowered, assertive and in control of her happiness. If she continued modeling even though she didn't like it because of outside pressures I would feel sad for her and think her a pussy. She knows how to get skinny and if she ever feels like it she'll get skinny again.

Modeling seems really glamorous and I'm sure parts of it are. There are just as many things about it to not like. It's still work... it's still a job to these girls. A very high pressure one. I can't fault someone for quitting a job they don't enjoy. No matter how much fun it seems to me. :)

She used to be so pretty :luv:

1.jpg

2CA5GG2K2.jpg

She is one of my faves. To be honest i think people were way to hard on her after that one Chanel show she walked in.

gemma-w-vogue-it-cover.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
She is one of my faves. To be honest i think people were way to hard on her after that one Chanel show she walked in.

Too hard on her? Hmm..

Basically she shouldn't have been cast in the show.

Not her fault that she was cast ...

Not her fault that she walked it ...

But she looked awful, and that is her fault.

:nopity:

gemmaplussize.jpg

She's kinda curvy now, I guess she could be a Victoria's Secret model if she lost some weight (or a lot, especially in her thighs!).

Does anyone know what her stats used to be when she was skinny and perfect? God I love her when she's skinny. But I guess if she wasn't happy and she is now, good for her. I just know it would never work for me, I would be so sad if I gained that much.

Gemma's weight gain is actually one of the most tragic, IMO. I know there was a comment on this thread about her taking control over her life and not succumbing to the pressure of being thin, but I don't think she did take control; looking at the recent pictures, her body look untoned, and definitely out of control. She does not seem happy with her weight gain, she has not enhanced her career with it, and I don't think she feels 'empowered' by it. I actually do feel really sorry for her. I hope for her sake that she goes back to a healthy weight so that she can better her career.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with the above poster. That picture of her in the denim... I know that models don't usually have much of an expression on the runway, but she just has no presence, if that makes sense. She seems uncomfortable. :(

gemmaplussize.jpg

She's kinda curvy now, I guess she could be a Victoria's Secret model if she lost some weight (or a lot, especially in her thighs!).

this photo is the shopped one. her thighs werent actually as wobbly. dont get me wrong, she still looked terrible, but it wasnt as bad as this

Gemma's weight gain is actually one of the most tragic, IMO. I know there was a comment on this thread about her taking control over her life and not succumbing to the pressure of being thin, but I don't think she did take control; looking at the recent pictures, her body look untoned, and definitely out of control. She does not seem happy with her weight gain, she has not enhanced her career with it, and I don't think she feels 'empowered' by it. I actually do feel really sorry for her. I hope for her sake that she goes back to a healthy weight so that she can better her career.

I didn't mean she took control by getting fat, I meant she took control by quitting modeling. It seems clear that she wasn't enjoying it anymore and she's trying to branch out into acting instead. :)

this photo is the shopped one. her thighs werent actually as wobbly. dont get me wrong, she still looked terrible, but it wasnt as bad as this

Really? Thank God!
This was my face when I saw her thighs:
:wtf:
Good to know that she wasn't that bad! :)

^ oh me too!
But I think Amanda Seyfried is prettier.
(old) Gemma could pass off as Amanda's baby sister

Yes, she was a mermaid in the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie and she's going to be in The Great Gatsby with Leonardo Di Caprio
Pirates_Mermaids_Gemma_Ward.jpg

I'm not convinced with her acting skills... she only had a mini role in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie... 5 minutes, a little bit of singing, looking good, flashing her vampire teeth (yes they had mermaids with vampire teeth :p) and that was it.

Has anyone got more recent pictures than those already posted?

How old are the pictures of her looking like that?

gemma-ward-fat.jpg

hmm its super hard to find a recent. I googled the great gatsby, seeing as she is working on that film atm. All I could get was a sort of shoulder length shot. Her arms are a bit contorted and you cant really see if she lost weight :-\