Gemma Ward

B

Babydoll

This is more of a tribute... I miss the old doll-faced and skinny supermodel. How did she gained weight? I heard it was because she was depressed about the death of Heath Ledger?

Anyway, here are her glorious skinny pictures:
NOTE: Play a sad song in your head.

gemma-ward-daria-werbowy-vo__oPt.jpg

VoguecoverJul06_XL_320x421.jpg

02gemmaward.jpg

gemma-ward-and-marc-by-marc-jacobs-gallery.jpg

Her today:
Supermodel-Gemma-Ward-Then-Now-casualcutie-6.jpg

Supermodel-Gemma-Ward-Then-Now-2.jpg

Supermodel-Gemma-Ward-Then-Now-casualcutie-1.jpg

gemmaasmaltjcok_78662774.jpg

She is so young... I can't believe she's retired.

I think she was struggling so hard to be skinny because she's natural fatty obviously :grin: And when she earned enough money, she said no to skinny body :grin:

Well at least it's good before and after photo, or rather after and before. If Gemma Ward is naturally not skinny, and she can whittle away to a smaller, waifish figure, then so can we! I like that picture of her with the fedora hat.

She didn't even wanted to be a model to begin with. She was randomly selected. She was definitely beautiful, but very fat now. Ugh..

I think she was struggling so hard to be skinny because she's natural fatty obviously :grin: And when she earned enough money, she said no to skinny body :grin:

i dont think its that shes a 'natural fatty'- well, maybe now. but when she started she was only like 15 or 16 and her body had not completely matured yet! thats still a skinny teenage girls body, not a womans body. i wont argue that i was devastated when i saw the infamous runway pictures but i dont think she suddenly let herself go or anything, and i definitely dont think she starved herself in the first place....

i dont think its that shes a 'natural fatty'- well, maybe now. but when she started she was only like 15 or 16 and her body had not completely matured yet! thats still a skinny teenage girls body, not a womans body. i wont argue that i was devastated when i saw the infamous runway pictures but i dont think she suddenly let herself go or anything, and i definitely dont think she starved herself in the first place....

While I do agree with this, I'll have to say that she probably didn't have a very healthy diet in the first place. When she started gaining she just didn't care and kept eating junks/not working out. So sad considering she was so successful, IMO she's too fat to even be a successful actress now.

While I do agree with this, I'll have to say that she probably didn't have a very healthy diet in the first place. When she started gaining she just didn't care and kept eating junks/not working out. So sad considering she was so successful, IMO she's too fat to even be a successful actress now.

yeah exactly, she could get away with eating crap while she was skinny because she was so young but your metabolism slows once you finish puberty and if you dont adjust your diet, kabooooom.
she was in pirates of the caribbean as a mermaid? did anyone see that? in the adverts she didnt look too fat but i didnt manage to see the film.

She was so thin. I cant believe the transformation. That last pic in the one piece bathing suit? WTF happened? She looks like a 40 year old mother! Its unbelievable. She also looks so much shorter the bigger she gets. Weird.:wtf:

With her face I think she can still get some movie deals and stuff, but then all people could think or talk about is how much larger she has become. Then maybe she'll start saying some 'I love my body... The model industry made me starve myself....' stuff...

I don't know. I liked her, and I still do. Sometimes I use her to remind myself that being skinny is hard and is not a given, but most of the time I just feel sad that she let herself go this way

I just want to say, in her defense, once you leave your teen years, if you don't think ahead and plan for your metabolism slowing down, you will gain TONS of weight. Even so, she looks cute, but not as delicate and refined as she used to.

I liked her better skinny, but I can see how and why she got fat.

I think I read from somewhere that she used to have an eating disorder so she stopped modeling. There was some talk about her 'come-back' but I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. Anyways she used to be my favorite model when I was younger. She really looks like doll in older pics. Like she's not human! I seriously loved her body but it's her own decision really that she stopped modeling. I wonder what she's doing now... Acting?

I think I read from somewhere that she used to have an eating disorder so she stopped modeling. There was some talk about her 'come-back' but I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. Anyways she used to be my favorite model when I was younger. She really looks like doll in older pics. Like she's not human! I seriously loved her body but it's her own decision really that she stopped modeling. I wonder what she's doing now... Acting?

Yes, she was a mermaid in the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie and she's going to be in The Great Gatsby with Leonardo Di Caprio
Pirates_Mermaids_Gemma_Ward.jpg

She is not as fat as I thought (I know, I know). Plus she doesn't need to be model-thin for movies so I'm sure the weight will not be a massive problem if she needs to slim down for a movie. If Beyonce did it, so can she! What I think exacerbates the problem though is just how badly she dresses. She probably adds on five pounds with just her bad clothing choices.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry for her, but she wasn't persistent enough. She give up at the top of her career and that is sad :cry: