Game of Thrones

With all that could have happened in the finale, I was left feeling pretty disappointed as a book reader.

SPOILER:
No LSH? Really? And why the hell did they remove Jaime and Tyrion talking about Tysha? Where is his motivation to kill?

Reactions: 1 user
With all that could have happened in the finale, I was left feeling pretty disappointed as a book reader.

SPOILER:
No LSH? Really? And why the hell did they remove Jaime and Tyrion talking about Tysha? Where is his motivation to kill?

I read that they wanted to wait for LSH until there was more in the story they could show. (I'm trying to be very vague). I think we'll get those scenes once we get to book four and five in the show. I was totally expecting them to end with that scene though!

I read that they wanted to wait for LSH until there was more in the story they could show. (I'm trying to be very vague). I think we'll get those scenes once we get to book four and five in the show. I was totally expecting them to end with that scene though!

I was waiting for it. I thought it was the perfect cliffhanger ending, but instead we got Arya on a boat. I just...I expected more.

The Daenerys scene was heartbreaking though.

tumblr_n6j0kdLohO1rri5k6o2_250.gif

Little finger is such a troll :facepalm:

Nice piece of foreshadowing haha
Btw, I really liked Tywin :oops:

I did too, it's odd because I never liked him in the books.

Charles Dance really gave an edge to that character, like Oberyn, the actors just made those rarely seen characters jump out. :)

To be honest, I found him to be quite smart, unlike many other characters. I'm looking forward to seeing who begins to develop next season :)

I really hated him. He seemed to me like a pure bag of evil and selfishness, and just never understood him and his motivations. What was he even fighting for, that in his mind was worth the lives of all of those people? Clearly not his family as he claimed, since he obviously didn't give a damn about them and their well-being. It seemed like he was after a nebulous, empty idea of glory and position that was completely devoid of any real value.

Did anyone watch the season 5 premiere?

SPOILERS
What did you think about the scene where Cersei goes to witch to receive her fortune? I didn't think they would show that flashback, but I'm glad they did especially knowing what happens to Cersei next (no worries, I won't give it away). Who do you think the witch was talking about when she said "until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear?" Most people think it's Margaery but I think that would make it simple and GRRM does not do simple. My top contenders are Sansa and Myrcella.

Did anyone watch the season 5 premiere?

SPOILERS
What did you think about the scene where Cersei goes to witch to receive her fortune? I didn't think they would show that flashback, but I'm glad they did especially knowing what happens to Cersei next (no worries, I won't give it away). Who do you think the witch was talking about when she said "until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear?" Most people think it's Margaery but I think that would make it simple and GRRM does not do simple. My top contenders are Sansa and Myrcella.

I always thought Sansa for some reason.

I keep thinking Arya for some reason...also, did anyone else watch the first four episodes that were leaked online? I couldn't help myself and I definitely went and found them haha.

I keep thinking Arya for some reason...also, did anyone else watch the first four episodes that were leaked online? I couldn't help myself and I definitely went and found them haha.

Yep, I didn't like the first episode, I thought it was way too much talking. It's getting better though, loving Jamie and Bronn. Plus Arya's storyline is so good in Braavos. Can't wait to see where they take the rest of the season.

Yep, I didn't like the first episode, I thought it was way too much talking. It's getting better though, loving Jamie and Bronn. Plus Arya's storyline is so good in Braavos. Can't wait to see where they take the rest of the season.

I love the show but all the changed story lines is just too much -> Jamie, Bronn, Sansa, Margaery, Loras, Varys, Tyrion to name a few.
The next book is going to come out and it's going to be completely different than what the show has done.

So, the new season is absolute shit, both from a feminist and a book reader point of view (in both cases: Sansa).
I'm too pissed and disappointed to try and critique everything that's horrible, so I'm just here for the shallow aesthetic commentary: Myranda's character is a horrible invention, but her and Ramsey's sex scenes are hot and Charlotte Hope's got really amazing hipbones. :D

tumblr_no721xli4b1u08gzyo1_400.gif

p.s. For any fellow booksnobs: you should check out this blog. The writer puts all my opinions into words quite eloquently.