Game of Thrones

I finally got to watching the series and it's pretty amazing. And Emilia Clark is divine. :drool:

Reactions: 1 user
I read that Tamzin Merchant was originally cast as Daenerys.
It's interesting to imagine how she would have compared to Emilia Clarke.
images
images

16764841001_1365390329001_tudors-video-s04-e01-01.jpg
images

images

I think she's gorgeous.
Personally, I can't help but prefer the skinnier one from a purely aesthetic perspective, but acting-wise it's tough to imagine anyone else as Daenerys after Emilia. It might even be better suited to the character that Emilia isn't skinny, since it would make her seem even more girlish and potentially weak.
Thoughts?

images
images

images

images

I think she's gorgeous.
Personally, I can't help but prefer the skinnier one from a purely aesthetic perspective, but acting-wise it's tough to imagine anyone else as Daenerys after Emilia. It might even be better suited to the character that Emilia isn't skinny, since it would make her seem even more girlish and potentially weak.
Thoughts?

She looks a bit whimpy. I've always liked the character and I never imagined her to be that delicate.

To be fair I didn't like Emilia to begin with and sometimes it feels like I'm watching a little girl playing pretend. Hopefully that gets better as Emilia's acting improves.

She looks a bit whimpy. I've always liked the character and I never imagined her to be that delicate.

To be fair I didn't like Emilia to begin with and sometimes it feels like I'm watching a little girl playing pretend. Hopefully that gets better as Emilia's acting improves.

I agree with everything you just said, including about Emilia's acting.
BUT I think that the actress looking wimpy could potentially be an advantage to the character, as she is constantly being underestimated and discredited by the men around her. I think her whole objective is to find an internal strength and be taken seriously as a woman and queen in spite of her little girl appearance. So whether or not that casting worked would've depended on the actress's ability to play strong in spite of her dainty look.

images
images

images

images

I think she's gorgeous.
Thoughts?

She looks more like a Lannister.

^^ No way this girl could've played instead of Emilia, I think she's just gorgeous and perfect for the role even is she looks quite young.

Totally unrelated, BUT, first episode of the new season: ohhhh, that creepy little girl, :wtf::nervous: *shivers*

^^ No way this girl could've played instead of Emilia, I think she's just gorgeous and perfect for the role even is she looks quite young.

Totally unrelated, BUT, first episode of the new season: ohhhh, that creepy little girl, :wtf::nervous: *shivers*

:grin:
it is really weird how I like Tywin's character a little bit more after each episodes since the first season! I get quite attached to him, how odd as it can sound.

The next episode is for today evening? This mean I will have to wait tomorow to watch it with subtitles :mad:

it is really weird how I like Tywin's character a little bit more after each episodes since the first season! I get quite attached to him, how odd as it can sound.

Tyrion :oops: shame on me

Nothing strange about that. Who doesn't love Tyrion?

Me! At the beginning :grin: I wasn't really charmed by the character, his I-sleep-with-every-whores-I-met-and-drink-every-bottles-of-wine kinda thing, even if I appreciate his repartee.

Nothing strange about that. Who doesn't love Tyrion?
Tywin on the other hand...... Evil.

Ugh.... the last episode where he took Tyrion apart. So sad.

I despise Joffrey and Cerscei. Everytime they are on screen I want to throw things at it. The creators managed to make them even more repulsive on the show then they were in the books, and they were freakin' horrible in those.

I watched 22 episodes in 60 hours. :nervous:

Joffrey needs to die.

I was shocked when Ned was killed.

Can Jon Snow please shave his moustache.

The whole plot with Qarth and the Thirteen was lacking something.

Cersei's a stupid bitch.

Theon is hard to bear.

Incest is weird.

Tyrion is the only likable Lannister.

It doesn't matter though because I'm hoping that the Khaleesi blows them all up with her dragons anyway.

Some SPOILERS if you haven't read the books... So if you haven't read the books you might not want to read my thoughts about this season so far. Just warning you.

I liked the second episode of this season more than the first. I just love Arya's storyline. I guess they're keeping Theon on the show? He kind of disappeared for a few books. I liked the mystery better than being obvious about what is happening to him. Oh well. I'm quite happy with Jojen and Meera, I was so worried they were cut out of the show after they weren't in last season. Anyways Storm of Swords was my favourite book of the series so I want to watch the whole season now! Can't wait for the next episode.

Arya is my favorite character. She's just such a little badass.

Some SPOILERS if you haven't read the books... So if you haven't read the books you might not want to read my thoughts about this season so far. Just warning you.

I liked the second episode of this season more than the first. I just love Arya's storyline. I guess they're keeping Theon on the show? He kind of disappeared for a few books. I liked the mystery better than being obvious about what is happening to him. Oh well. I'm quite happy with Jojen and Meera, I was so worried they were cut out of the show after they weren't in last season. Anyways Storm of Swords was my favourite book of the series so I want to watch the whole season now! Can't wait for the next episode.

Same. I think they introduced them very smoothly and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the guy they cast as Jojen! I couldn't have put a better face to the character myself.
Re: Theon, I was wondering about this, too. Right now I'm at the beginning of book 5, so I don't know if Theon shows up in this book and the producers/writers just moved it forward in the timeline, or if they're just adding something completely new.
Have you read book 5 and if so is there any mention of Theon's whereabouts there?
Either way, I will be very interested to see where they take that. Even if they are making it up completely, I trust them to do that. I approve of all the changes and adjustments they've made to the books so far 100%.

Same. I think they introduced them very smoothly and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the guy they cast as Jojen! I couldn't have put a better face to the character myself.
Re: Theon, I was wondering about this, too. Right now I'm at the beginning of book 5, so I don't know if Theon shows up in this book and the producers/writers just moved it forward in the timeline, or if they're just adding something completely new.
Have you read book 5 and if so is there any mention of Theon's whereabouts there?
Either way, I will be very interested to see where they take that. Even if they are making it up completely, I trust them to do that. I approve of all the changes and adjustments they've made to the books so far 100%.

I agree I LOVE the actor they got for Jojen. Saying anything about Theon before you finish book 5 would be huge spoilers ^_^ his story line is so crazy.

im a little late on pipping in but oh well. This is a show that i really love. my boyfriend got excited just hearing the opening to walking dead, i get excited during this shows opening sequence. I wouldn't wait for anyone else to watch this later. I am glued to the tv(or computer if i absolutely must be late) watching this. then ill watch it with them after again. so interesting.