Game of Thrones

Am I the only one who hated last night's episode? The purple wedding was a huge letdown...no sense of foreboding, not very climactic, etc. like it was in the books.

Also not really a problem with the series as it's the same as in the books, but I hate Bran's storyline. What a waste of screen time we could be spending with Dany, Arya, or basically ANYONE else.

Am I the only one who hated last night's episode? The purple wedding was a huge letdown...no sense of foreboding, not very climactic, etc. like it was in the books.

I watched this a little later than its air time. Everybody was saying it was the best episode ever. Considering how many incredible episodes there have been so far, I really had high hopes for it. However, the episode just felt really....long. And not in the good way.

There just wasn't enough going on during the wedding scene, aside from Joffrey acting like a complete jerk. (How dare you throw things at Sigur Ros ;)..) We know he's a terrible person, and you don't need to remind us so frequently. Though I did feel heartbreakingly bad for Sansa during the 'performance'.

As an aside, Oberyn is delicious. That is all.

There just wasn't enough going on during the wedding scene, aside from Joffrey acting like a complete jerk. (How dare you throw things at Sigur Ros ;)..) We know he's a terrible person, and you don't need to remind us so frequently. Though I did feel heartbreakingly bad for Sansa during the 'performance'.

As an aside, Oberyn is delicious. That is all.

totally agree with everything (esp. the oberyn--great casting for him!). but whatever, they can't knock it out of the park every time. next week's episode looks great though.

there's a game I play with my roommate called "who wouldn't you fuck" on GoT because everyone is either so good looking or just interesting enough to warrant a lay. the list was literally just joffrey, hodor, ramsey snow, pycelle, and craster. hell, i'd even fool around with varys if we could work something creative out :p

I thought the wedding scene went on for so long I actually got bored. I especially got bored with the wine being poured onto Tyrion etc it wasn't intelligent/clever/entertaining. I LOVED Sansa's subtly I thought she stood out in the scene, whilst Jack Gleeson looked like he was 'acting'.
His death (I knew it was coming) was okay but I feel like they made it obvious who did it (no spoilers) but if you know who killed him, they made it really obvious.

I love how the scene cuts from Theon to Tyrion slicing his breakfast sausage with his knife and fork.

Also, I kept wondering where the fuck the hairnet was the whole time and then staring at the necklace to see if I missed anything. Ah well, have to wait till next week. I agree that Joffrey's death wasn't climactic at all, but my boyfriend was totally blown away by it (he didn't read the books nor did any research because he didn't want to be spoiled).

And Margaery's so pretty! I love how they did her hair for the wedding, very Marie Antoinette-ish. I didn't really like the style of the dress (looks like what she normally wears, could've been more regal, with longer sleeves, in a richer, more formal shade) but the detailing was amazing - love the tear-drop gems dripping off her butt.

There's a website that is set up like a cemetery where you can mourn the dead characters from GOT and leave a flower at their grave site. They update it after every new episode.

I got a good laugh out of it and thought some of you would appreciate it :grin:

I might be a bit confused at this point, but are Arya and Sansa heading for the same place at the moment? I thought they were and got excited for a reunion but I'm not sure exactly where they are travelling to.

I might be a bit confused at this point, but are Arya and Sansa heading for the same place at the moment? I thought they were and got excited for a reunion but I'm not sure exactly where they are travelling to.

Arya and Clegane are heading for Eyrie where Lysa Arryn (Catelyn's sis) is because he wants to 'sell' her to her aunt.
And Sansa is now headed for Eyrie too because Littlefinger has to marry Lysa soon (he wants to be lord of the Vale) :)

Emilia Clarke really isn't the best actress.. :whistling:

I really like her :oops:
I honestly couldn't imagine anyone else as Daenerys
game-of-thrones-daenerys-all-men-2.gif

Reactions: 1 user
You know, I was sad to see Joff go because why watch the show when the most powerful, evil character gets killed off? And then I was like, "oh yeah, I forgot about Littlefinger."

littlefinger-deal-with-it.gif

This will be a Robb Stark appreciation post, he was definetly the sexiest man in Vesteros. Ive prayed to the lord of light to bring him to me, but yet Ive had no success :cry:
tumblr_n3odk3sfGw1rlryr5o1_500.gif

tumblr_n2u8y5mpNi1rjjyjio1_250.gif

tumblr_n2u8y5mpNi1rjjyjio4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n2u8y5mpNi1rjjyjio2_r1_250.gif

But there's really nothing wrong with Jon either... He seems to be shaving his chest by the way.
tumblr_n42oh6neE81tutkaro1_500.jpg

Would love to see them become an item
tumblr_n42qf1272a1rg1fiao1_400.jpg

@SkinnyGlimmer I hope they do reunite! But I have a fear Arya might try to 'escape' from the hound and I'll be watching screaming 'noooo Arya stay with him just a little longer and see your sister!!!!' because GoT is so cruel in that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished 3 seasons in less than a week. More out of necessity than anything. I kept on spoiling myself because I was so desperate to check if my favorite characters lasted until season 4, and then When i was still on season 2 someone else ended up spoiling to me that Jaime lannister loses his hand and I decided I had to catch up to the current season ASAP :p I'm so addicted and I can't wait until summer so I can read the books. I love Darrio, jaqen, Tyrion and his bodyguard (dont remember his name but i love his sardonic sense of humor), sir jorah (so handsome <3 I think he is my absolute favorite and I feel bad for him...), the hound, all the Starks except lady catelyn, arya's dancing teacher, samwell, the old priest dude, Jaime after he loses his hand, brienne, shae, Ros, Osha, gendry, daenerys's translator girl and the other serving girl with the sweet face thst got stabbed when the dragons got stolen, khal drogo, and talisa. I know I'm forgetting some. I get attached to minor characters.

You know, I was sad to see Joff go because why watch the show when the most powerful, evil character gets killed off? And then I was like, "oh yeah, I forgot about Littlefinger."

littlefinger-deal-with-it.gif

Happy to know I wasn't the only one who was kind of sad to see Joffrey go...

A01d8iV.gif

Am I the only one who thinks Joffrey's death wasn't too horrific :run:. I mean in the book (spoiler) he literally tears his throat out due to the excruciating pain; the tv version of his death was like child's play compared to the book. Maybe this is a little sadistic but common this is Joffrey we are speaking of - that little shit head should have been tortured like Theon with his whole body dismembered one by one - lastly he is beheaded :lol:

---

I wish they'd speed up Daenerys story line.