Game of Thrones

EDIT: Do you think Tyrion's going to die now? I haven't read the books...so I don't know....I don't want him to!

Like WTF happened :superpuke: That was gruesome! Why didn't he just kill him when he had the chance. :mad:

Gosh I felt like puking :spazrun::spazrun::spazrun:

-------------

Spoiler:

Tyrion doesn't die :grin:

Reactions: 1 user
What an... accurate description. I actually thought I'm going to be sick when he put his fingers in his eyeballs :cry:

I started screaming because it was so foul. Definitely didn't remember it being so disgusting/grotesque in the book.

My boyfriend said to me last night "DON'T GO ON FACEBOOK GAME OF THRONES IS OUT AND SOMETHING BIG HAPPENED".

And then I watched it and was a bit let down, I mean, yes Tyrion got sentenced to death but I swear that's been happening for the past 3 episodes... anyway :rolleyes:

And Oberyn was never my favourite, secretly I love The Mentalist and if anyone watches that too they will know why :lol:

And then I watched it and was a bit let down

Really? I actually thought it was one of the best episodes so far. The scene between the Viper and the Mountain was great, and I loved how Tyrion's story about beetles played into this. The scene between Sansa and the Lords of the Veil was completely different than in the book, but nevertheless it shows something important: poor Sansa is finally learning how to play the game. She might be one of the most important characters in the future (or at least I hope so- think Danaerys standing up to Visaerys for the first time, and where she is now). And Dany actually let Jorah go :cry:, which might be a big, big mistake with huge long-term ramifications- yeah, he betrayed her, but that was before he knew her, and ever since then he has been her only real friend. He is the only man who has known her since before she was the Mother of the Dragon, and is arguably the best, most honest of her advisers.

And if you prefer Gregor over Oberyn, you are a sick, sick person (slightly kidding, but come on: he killed little kids in front of their mother and then he raped her and killed her. Even by GoT standards, he is a bastard- Tywin Lannister was said to be shocked when he saw their bodies, and Tywin is never shocked by anything). What does Oberyn do on the Mentalist to make Clegane look like the good guy in this fight, skin puppies alive? :wtf:

Really? I actually thought it was one of the best episodes so far. The scene between the Viper and the Mountain was great, and I loved how Tyrion's story about beetles played into this. The scene between Sansa and the Lords of the Veil was completely different than in the book, but nevertheless it shows something important: poor Sansa is finally learning how to play the game. She might be one of the most important characters in the future (or at least I hope so- think Danaerys standing up to Visaerys for the first time, and where she is now). And Dany actually let Jorah go :cry:, which might be a big, big mistake with huge long-term ramifications- yeah, he betrayed her, but that was before he knew her, and ever since then he has been her only real friend. He is the only man who has known her since before she was the Mother of the Dragon, and is arguably the best, most honest of her advisers.

And if you prefer Gregor over Oberyn, you are a sick, sick person (slightly kidding, but come on: he killed little kids in front of their mother and then he raped her and killed her. Even by GoT standards, he is a bastard- Tywin Lannister was said to be shocked when he saw their bodies, and Tywin is never shocked by anything). What does Oberyn do on the Mentalist to make Clegane look like the good guy in this fight, skin puppies alive? :wtf:

You have some great points. I was let down just because from the way it was built up it was like Dany would die or something (my boyf gets very attached to everyone apparently) :p

Yeah, it was a great ep. Shock factor? Minimal for me as I've come to expect that from GOT. I'm needy in my show expectations :run:

And okay okay the fight was sad. I just found it so frustrating watching like DON'T GLOAT and then seeing a character let their cockiness be the end of them :cry:

tumblr_n6jud7Bz3k1r9h4heo1_500.jpg

This made me feel a little better :grin:

Reactions: 1 users
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! *drops to her knees and shakes fist to the sky*

Whyyyyyyy????

This is so unfair...

(and yes, Oberyn was quite sexy :().

EDIT: Do you think Tyrion's going to die now? I haven't read the books...so I don't know....I don't want him to!

Like WTF happened :superpuke: That was gruesome! Why didn't he just kill him when he had the chance. :mad:

To whomever left me the message about spoilers:
I'm pretty sure I was replying to the question above concerning Tyrion's fate (for those who have read the books) , and made it clear with lots of space that my post was a spoiler :rolleyes:
Well, thanks for the karma anyways :lol: Nevertheeless, sorry about the spoiler - next time I'll keep my mouth shut :p
But for future purposes, when scrolling down and you see something like this..

"-------------

Spoiler:
"

..keep scrolling down (without reading) :smash:

Do you ladies want to agree that everything that's happened in the TV show is fair game to discuss but the content in the books (that the show hasn't done yet) should either be avoided or said under a spoiler warning?

Maybe we should have our own thread for book readers :) I'm dying for WoW to come out!

Nevertheeless, sorry about the spoiler - next time I'll keep my mouth shut :p
But for future purposes, when scrolling down and you see something like this..

I don't think there's anything wrong with answering a question for someone who is asking, so, I don't think you should censor yourself because someone is upset by your spoiler. I also don't think there's any point in changing the way you discuss things for someone who can't even confront you directly on a message board, passive-aggressiveness is unattractive, ladies.

The way I handle spoilers is by doing this:

*SPOILER ALERT* (Highlight to read)

If you type out your spoiler and then change the font color to the same color as the board background (Black, in this case) it will be invisible unless highlighted.

It wasn't my invention or anything (I've seen it done on other message boards) but perhaps we could all adopt this practice as a way to ensure that spoiler lovers and haters alike can enjoy this and other threads about movies and tv shows? This way people can get answers to their questions without the spoiler being seen unless the reader chooses to read it.

As far as what goes under the spoiler tag, I think that @SFsun is pretty spot on, basically, any discussion that includes events that have not come to pass on the show yet, should be marked as a spoiler. I don't necessarily think that any discussion about the books should be excluded if the events have come to pass on the show, even the details that were excluded from the show but are part of the story in the books.

What do you ladies think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users

If you type out your spoiler and then change the font color to the same color as the board background (Black, in this case) it will be invisible unless highlighted.

:lol: That's awesome :highfive:

I don't mind book spoilers (I get anxious about the fate of my favourite characters so I read the wikis on them - which kind of ruins the suspense but oh well)
But seeing as though this is a thread for the T.V show, discussing events that haven't happened in the show yet seems a bit :meh:

But the highlight idea is really cool - and it means that no one will accidently read something they don't want to

but the content in the books (that the show hasn't done yet) should either be avoided or said under a spoiler warning? Maybe we should have our own thread for book readers :) I'm dying for WoW to come out!

Maybe others would :) I love the GOT books but don't feel up to discussing them (for some reason, I like discussing the GOT books IRL) . I think the spoiler warning is fair game. Regarding the spoiler I posted, I mean, come on, its pretty obvious , and any GOT fan (both book and T.V.) would know that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with answering a question for someone who is asking, so, I don't think you should censor yourself because someone is upset by your spoiler....someone who can't even confront you directly on a message board

Thank you!

The thing is I did mark it under a spoiler alert :lol: Someone just wasn't paying attention. But I do like the highlight method :)