French/German movies!

Clara

Worker Bee
May 25, 2012
Sweden
I studying french and german, and I thought it would be fun to buy some movies where they're in france/germany, and they're speaking their own motherlanguage. I'm better at german (it's simular to swedish, and my boyfriend's german :luv:), but I get really relaxed from french, the language is just so floating, even though I'm totally lost, and dont understand so much from it I just love litsening to it (hoping this will make me inprove though!) If you know any good movies, please share! Some kind of thinspo movie, love movie, action movie, or anything at all! This would make my fasting days so much better!
:flower:

in my french class at school we watched 'les choristes' a french film... you could try that?:)

I'm currently studying French in college too, as well as Italian and Spanish, so if anyone has any recommendations for those languages as well it'll be appreciated :)

I watched a good few French movies in high school (although I don't remember what most of them are about)

Here's just a list of what I remember watching, I can't think if they're any good or not but you could give them a google.

Paris, Je t'aime (a collection of short films)
Amelie
Taxi (I think it's a comedy)
La vie en rose <3
Hors de prix (Audrey Tatou has a lovely figure)
La haine (I thought this was really good. 3 young guys living in the poor suburbs, kind of gangstery ha)

And then there's one more film that I really like but I can't remember what it's called. If I think of any more I'll post.

Oh there's also a movie that has Gerard depardieu that is in both English and French. He's on holiday with his daugher His daughter is a weirdo lying bitch, but it's lighthearted. I would google it but I'm on my phone and I'm too lazy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently studying French in college too, as well as Italian and Spanish, so if anyone has any recommendations for those languages as well it'll be appreciated :)

I watched a good few French movies in high school (although I don't remember what most of them are about)

Here's just a list of what I remember watching, I can't think if they're any good or not but you could give them a google.

Paris, Je t'aime (a collection of short films)
Amelie
Taxi (I think it's a comedy)
La vie en rose <3
Hors de prix (Audrey Tatou has a lovely figure)
La haine (I thought this was really good. 3 young guys living in the poor suburbs, kind of gangstery ha)

And then there's one more film that I really like but I can't remember what it's called. If I think of any more I'll post.

Oh there's also a movie that has Gerard depardieu that is in both English and French. He's on holiday with his daugher His daughter is a weirdo lying bitch, but it's lighthearted. I would google it but I'm on my phone and I'm too lazy!

Thank you :) I've seen Amelie all ready, and I thought it was so cute. Can't wait to see the other ones as well!

Männerherzen 1 & 2
Die Welle

Keinohrhasen & Zweiohrküken
Kokowääh
Das Experiment
Elementarteilchen

Napola - Elite für den Führer
Friendship!
Free Rainer
Türkisch für Anfänger
Berlin Calling (Perfect if you wanna get to know the party scene in Berlin)

Ruby & Quentin... a french movie (i watched it in german) that is so funny i almost pissed myself :lol:

in my french class at school we watched 'les choristes' a french film... you could try that?:)

That's definitely a good one. There's also "Jeux d'enfants" with Marion Cotillard and Guillaume Canet, and "Le Dîner de Cons", that was a funny one ;)

"Jeux d'enfants" with Marion Cotillard and Guillaume Canet

OMG I love this movie. I wanted to watch it only because of one line. When the girl said she wants to be a pudding when she grows up :lol:

German:
"Was nützt die Liebe in Gedanken" and "Shoppen", I really like them. "Soul Kitchen" is a popular movie, I didn't watch it yet, but "Gegen die Wand" which is from the same director and a good film. "Der Baader-Meinhof-Komplex", "Das Leben der Anderen", "Der Untergang", "Aimée und Jaguar" and "Sophie Scholl" are prizewinning movies from the 2000's which deal with the German history of the 20th century. "Good Bye Lenin!" and "Sonnenallee" do that also but in a funny way. ;)
"Bella Martha" is a sweet, subtle lovestory, very "German" (there's a shitty American remake with the title "No Reservations").
"Anatomie" is a brilliant horror movie. Also try "Das Leben ist eine Baustelle" and "Lola rennt".

I'm also studying french (and Portuguese and German) but I don't watch a lot of movies in Spanish (although I should) but one I loved was La Piel que Habito with Antonio Banderas, really good
In French there's: The Science of Sleep (there are some parts in french now I don't remember if it was the whole movie or not), Une femme est une femme, The Red Ballon, L’auberge espanol, Ne le dis a personne (if you like action), Les amours imaginaires, Les chansons d'amour, The Sleeping Beauty and more I just don't remember.

A german movie that I liked is 'Vincent will Meer'. I love movies with mentally ill people :p and it's also about an anorexic girl.