For the love of Nancy

classichic

Super Star
Jan 27, 2012
Somewhere
Anyone seen it? Thoughts?

I just saw it and loved it. I loved the dynamics between the parents, the brothers and Nancy. Also, I really liked that the story seemed really realistic in that she didn't just accept about recovery straight away etc.

Anyone got other movies about eating disorders or thinspirational? Or about models? Especially more recent ones. I've seen most of the older ones and I've seen the movies and documents listed on the other posts.

I have an older (10 years ago maybe) documentary called "Beautopia" and even though it is not totally weight related, they follow several young models starting out, and I love how leggy and coltish they all are, and how they try to adapt to the 'model life'- very well done! There are also tons of backstage model videos on YouTube that I like- you get to see the girls off the runway and what they are doing for their careers...

Thanks I'll see if I can find Beutopia online.

@classichic
aaw:luv:i just watched the movie, i think it was really good and i loved it how the actress played Nancy... i was wondering if she lost a lot of weight for the role or how they did it, because she looked really skinny in some of the scenes, and since it is an older movie, i don't think they used any effects or altered her appearance somehow...

lovely movie

Last edited by a moderator:
@classichic
aaw:luv:i just watched the movie, i think it was really good and i loved it how the actress played Nancy... i was wondering if she lost a lot of weight for the role or how they did it, because she looked really skinny in some of the scenes, and since it is an older movie, i don't think they used any effects or altered her appearance somehow...

lovely movie

I got this off imdb:
Tracey Gold who was once an anorexic used her life experience to help her in this role. Although she was still undergoing recovery for her anorexia she was in full makeup to appear anorexic.
since apparently her lowest weight was about 80lb i'd say she was recovering when she did this movie and gained a little bit of weight but was still underweight
I'd love to see it, I'll check if it's on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd say she was recovering when she did this movie and gained a little bit of weight but was still underweight

Yeah, the story I heard was that they filmed the later scenes in the movie while Tracey Gold was still underweight (that's why she looks so boney in the Christmas party scene) and the earlier scenes in the movie were filmed after she had been weight-restored.

i couldn't find more pictures, since i think there were scenes later in the movie, were she even looked a lot skinnier... but here is a picture in the black dress at the christmas party, she looks so tiny... i think she was really pretty in a very authentic way in that movie.
2_49_la_detresse_invisible_for_the_love_of_nancy__01355944_photo_la_detresse_invisible.jpg

I just watched it too. I also liked how realistic it is, especially the family's reactions.

I loved this movie! It broke my heart because of how painfully accurate it was, and also the fact that Tracey Gold was in her recovery during the filming. That must have been a hell of a hard thing for her to do!!!