for skinnies...

E

ExtraShot

426721_10150579762104455_710659454_8700689_774807886_n.jpg

saw this posted on my facebook and it made me smile... hope it does the same for you! :p

Reactions: 1 user
Love all quotes that give overweight girls a reality check, but I love this even more because it speaks of respect and not just righteousness.

Love all quotes that give overweight girls a reality check, but I love this even more because it speaks of respect and not just righteousness.
Seconded. There's such a double standard in society - you're meant to want to be super-skinny, yet embrace fat. Jealous, much?

OMG! I love, love, love this! I hate all the fat people I know defending their "curves" at the same time criticizing skinnies.

definitely had a 'larger' girl ranting at me because i shared this on my facebook. shes someone i get on with, but still. its all true! and if shes unhappy at her weight (which im assuming she is due to the outpoor of hate) then DO SOMETHING dont be a bitch to smaller girls!!

Love this! I saw this doing the rounds on Facebook a couple of days ago!

I think one day it will be 'socially acceptable' to call someone overweight/unhealthy, in the same way that it is now 'socially acceptable' to call skinny people gross/skinny/anorexic.

When I say socially acceptable, I mean a trend in the amount of people who think saying these things is ok. No doubt that doesn't necessarily make it ok but there sure is a double standard with calling someone fat vs skinny.

I remember at one of my previous workplace's a girl called another employee 'overweight' and was fired for bullying. The girl she called overweight was constantly pointing out to the skinnier employee's that they were 'so skinny and emaciated'. I mean what the hell, how is that not bullying too?! How are they different.

usually i would agree, but remember that not ALL overweight girls think this way.

When I say socially acceptable, I mean a trend in the amount of people who think saying these things is ok. No doubt that doesn't necessarily make it ok but there sure is a double standard with calling someone fat vs skinny.

I remember at one of my previous workplace's a girl called another employee 'overweight' and was fired for bullying. The girl she called overweight was constantly pointing out to the skinnier employee's that they were 'so skinny and emaciated'. I mean what the hell, how is that not bullying too?! How are they different.

thats so bad! i have a 'friend' who gained probably about 4 stone in 4 years, but all she does is drink drink drink, and most days she will eat up to 9 pieces of bread! a sandwich for her is a snack....
so yeah anyway i was wearing a cropped top thing and dancing and all this girl was doing was 'youre so skinny, thats wrong, thats disgusting, look at you, i can see this and that etc, youre like anorexic, eat something' blah blah
at first i was like, ok fair enough, not to be bigheaded but you are quite obviously jealous so i'll leave it be,
anyway she got drunker (as did i slightly) and was being quiiite mean, and i snapped and called her fat and said if you care that much about weight why dont you do something about yourself instead of picking fights with me

anyway that was the end of that and i was forever branded a bitch. and these girls basically dont speak to me atall now. its annoying because the only reason she was saying that was because shes insecure but instead of picking out everyone elses flaws, sort yourself out!

I guess we all know people like that!

But what I find even more disturbing is when normal people keep picking on you and your weight.
I mean, Fatties, that´s one thing. They´re jealous and their only way to feel better about it is bitching about skinnier people. It´s quite annoying, but with time you get used to it and just keep clam and ignore them.
Nobody in my family is exactly "fat", they´re all slim / normal. But still they´re going on about my weight and size, and I don´t really get that.

yeahhhh.... my mums being funny about it at the moment, but she wants me to model. its like, youre keen for me to do this, but not ready to accept that thats what it takes... double standards!

That's awesome! I'm totaly going to try to share this on Facebook .

I LOVE THIS.

I've always been tall and naturally slender. When I was a kid I was MUCH taller than everyone else, and my height forced me to wear clothes that were much to big for me so they would be long enough, which only made me look more skinny and awkward. People were constantly making fun of me, calling me "jack and the beanstalk" or "skeletor". Glasses, braces, and developing as late as I did certainly didn't help. I would come home crying all the time because of course the popular girls wouldn't talk to me, and all the fat girls who were also being outcast were worse than the popular girls! You would think that being made fun of for your body type would make them more sympathetic and kind, but hate only begets hate. That is why this message is so great, positive in every way! Your body is your choice, right? I chose to be thin, and I love it. I was ashamed of my body for a long time, and without ever being big enough to be considered overweight. I refuse to EVER feel that shame again, and I work really hard to make that possible!

I would love to freely talk about my skinny plans and losing weight and reaching my goals, but that's called narcissism.

Yet, those with "curves" and big mouths can give me attitude about their "comfort" at their weight (I put it in quotes, because I don't think knee pain and constantly out of breath would be classified as comfortable by any means). They can tell me I'm wasting away. That's called healthy body image.

I say, let's all just play nice. I won't say a damn thing about your flabby bits if you don't say a damn thing about how I should eat a cheeseburger.

Seems pretty fair. OR...we all get to just say what's on our minds and let the chips fall where they may.

I would love to freely talk about my skinny plans and losing weight and reaching my goals, but that's called narcissism.

Yet, those with "curves" and big mouths can give me attitude about their "comfort" at their weight (I put it in quotes, because I don't think knee pain and constantly out of breath would be classified as comfortable by any means). They can tell me I'm wasting away. That's called healthy body image.

I say, let's all just play nice. I won't say a damn thing about your flabby bits if you don't say a damn thing about how I should eat a cheeseburger.

Seems pretty fair. OR...we all get to just say what's on our minds and let the chips fall where they may.

hear hear! haha. i know not to say anything to my friends about losing weight because they jsut tell me im being an idiot. i get told to gain weight, so surely that means i can tell my larger 'friends' to lose it? nope. youre right, you do feel narcissistic and its stupid. its our bodies we can do what we want? gahhh