"Foods You Won't Give Up"

Allie

Worker Bee
Mar 18, 2012
Toronto
So. Even though XOJane has become a serious fatty circle jerk since Cat Marnell stopped writing for them, I still hate-read the site sometimes because it's interesting to me to see how delusional fat (obesity) acceptance culture can be.

I stumbled upon this article today, and it's really, really crazy what some of this people say they absolutlely won't stop eating in the comments. I mean, despite them admitting the foods are chock full of carcinogens, sodium (to the point your "body dries up like a slug's from the salt") and "like death". Also none, literally, none of the foods listed sound even remotely good.

i.e. Mac 'n Cheese with delicious chopped up hotdog and bologna
Movie nachos with "plastic cheese"
Popcorn sprinkled on oreos
Battered hot dog in ketchup from a "dodgy petrol station"
Donut burgers "with donuts instead of normal buns" (with cheese of course)
"Our In-N-Out is right next to a Dunkin Donuts - fresh, hot, unglazed donuts dipped in a Neapolitan shake"
Deep fried cheesecake, snickers, Moon Pie, etc.

http://www.xojane.com/healthy/what-we-will-never-give-up-eating

So mind-boggling. And they think we're the crazy ones!

Ugh, just reading some of those items made me feel sick.

McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese, dipped in sour cream and chive dip. Preferably eaten in bed, after the best part of a bottle of red wine, so it's REALLY hard to digest

I'm working on wrapping my head around why anyone would want to eat a McDonald's burger, but the very idea of dipping it into sour cream?! Disgusting!

UGHHH! I am not one to talk since I secretly love unhealthy food, but that is just REVOLTING.

Anytime someone talks about dipping unhealthy food into more unhealthy food I just want to cry. This kid at my school dips his fried chicken fingers into that nacho cheese salty goo. When I see that... I realize there is little hope left for humanity.

Dipping stuff is just... No.

Wait, how do you sprinkle popcorn on Oreos? Logistically? :wtf:

When I saw the title, the only thing I thought of was "sushi" - reading over this, I'm simultaneously revolted and pleased with my healthier inclinations :lol:

Also, this whole site is quite telling - I mean, the title alone. It's referring to on-going consumption, not one-off ridiculous behaviour, done on a whim or for a dare or something similar... :wtf:

Ugh, just reading some of those items made me feel sick.
This! :nod:

And from the article.... this made me :lol:
Kate: I love deep-fried anything, particularly weird shit like pickles. And I will hunch over garlic fries and growl at people who try to take them away from me like an angry bear.
I just imagined a fatter version of Kate U "protecting" her garlic fries :lol:

"Emily: Diet soda. I know it's made of death, but I have given up alcohol, drugs, compulsive sex, credit cards and bulimia, Fuck your fucking face for even suggesting I quit Coke Zero."

.....no comment. It all sounds like a 12-step group discussion to me, except nobody is actually admitting they have an addiction (in so many words) and nobody is planning to quit anything. I'm disturbed :nervous::wtf:

I miss Cat so much... everyone said she was the craziest but I think that her openness about her struggles with various substances provided a realness that xoJane doesn't have anymore. I still look back on her old posts for nostalgia's sake. :(

I miss Cat so much... everyone said she was the craziest but I think that her openness about her struggles with various substances provided a realness that xoJane doesn't have anymore. I still look back on her old posts for nostalgia's sake. :(

You don't even know how much I loved Cat's writing. She was/is writing for Vice, but her column isn't very regular and she sort of "quit" it but is still collaborating with Vice. http://www.vice.com/tag/amphetamine+logic

I've been reading some of the articles over there, but I miss her random stories she'd mix with beauty advice. I've been in love with her writing since she was at Lucky. She's so gifted and has a really original voice. I miss that Cat.

i.e. Mac 'n Cheese with delicious chopped up hotdog and bologna
Movie nachos with "plastic cheese"
Popcorn sprinkled on oreos
Battered hot dog in ketchup from a "dodgy petrol station"
Donut burgers "with donuts instead of normal buns" (with cheese of course)
"Our In-N-Out is right next to a Dunkin Donuts - fresh, hot, unglazed donuts dipped in a Neapolitan shake"
Deep fried cheesecake, snickers, Moon Pie, etc.

:disgusted::superpuke:

Look, I won't begrudge someone their junk/occasional treat, but at least pick something that is appealing. :facepalm:

Dark Chocolate and Wine, these things I understand not giving them up entirely. But BIG MACS? Gross.

Wait, how do you sprinkle popcorn on Oreos? Logistically? :wtf:

I was wondering the same thing :confused:

Kate: I love deep-fried anything, particularly weird shit like pickles. And I will hunch over garlic fries and growl at people who try to take them away from me like an angry bear.

Now that is an attractive quality for a girl to have! :lol:
My guess is she is still single and "loving" her fat body. :superpuke:

Daisy: Kraft macaroni and cheese -- and I eat the entire box, pate, diet coke, chicken sandwiches from Wendy's (the only fast food I allow myself), Irish nachos, hash browns, ranch dressing, ohmygod I could write this list forever, but I will stop now.

Somehow I don't believe that!

I was wondering the same thing :confused:

Now that is an attractive quality for a girl to have! :lol:
My guess is she is still single and "loving" her fat body. :superpuke:

Somehow I don't believe that!

maybe she thinks wendys is organic? :wtf:

Oh god, that stuff doesn't even taste good/real. I was thinking of guilty pleasures along the lines of red wine, really old aged cheese, homemade bread...

HOW IS A BIG MAC YOUR FAVOURITE-I-WILL-NEVER-GIVE-UP FOOD?!?!:superpuke:

maybe she thinks wendys is organic? :wtf:

:lol: Well judging by Wendy (the girl the chain was named after) I’m betting it’s far from organic

wendys_zps59cb772e.jpg

People that eat these things have no taste (literally).

If you eat in a cleaner way, the way food should be, your taste buds get a better sense of what you are eating. A deep fried hotdog dipped in cheese would make me vomit, because there are just too many contradicting flavours that dont go together in one bite.

Meal choices, whether dieting or not should be simple:

garlic OR onion, not both,
red meat with red wine,
white meat with white wine,
No drinks with meals besides water, wines or maybe a beer. (tea and coffee in the morning obviously) (people drinking big glasses of milk with a steak? I can just imagine the big milkymeating grin on their faces yuck)
winter vegetables or summer ones but no both (eating in season in other words),
sauces that you made. Ketchup is fine if you made it yourself.

Anything that lists 20 ingredients and half of them are either chemicals or sugars, or you have no idea what they are. That stuff is poison!

Whole grains, Olive oil, pure butter, full fat milk.

If you dont like this food, or its boring, there is something wrong with your sense of taste and smell, and should be fixed.

I would reccomend living one year in Italy!

Reactions: 1 users
People that eat these things have no taste (literally).

If you eat in a cleaner way, the way food should be, your taste buds get a better sense of what you are eating.

Anything that lists 20 ingredients and half of them are either chemicals or sugars, or you have no idea what they are. That stuff is poison!

If you dont like this food, or its boring, there is something wrong with your sense of taste and smell, and should be fixed.

I would reccomend living one year in Italy!

:highfive: