Flesh and Bone

F

Fast

It's a new miniseries (Starz) and this is the synopsis:
Claire, a talented but emotionally troubled dancer, joins a company in New York City, and soon finds herself immersed in the tough and often cutthroat world of professional ballet.

Have any of you seen it? Is it any good?

Reactions: 1 user
I saw it on IMDB and really want to watch it, but I didn't think it was out yet, although a few episodes have been uploaded to ETTV so I might give them a go.

I saw the first episode last night (I got to watch it even though the air date isn't until tomorrow night). Amazing!!!! The lead character obviously has some pretty serious demons in her past and it has all of the requisite drama as well as some amazing thinspo!!!!! The male lead who is the 'womanizer' is freaking gorgeous and the gay artistic director is an absolute psychopath that I adore! I can't wait to see where this goes and what everyone else thinks!

I saw the first episode last night (I got to watch it even though the air date isn't until tomorrow night). Amazing!!!! The lead character obviously has some pretty serious demons in her past and it has all of the requisite drama as well as some amazing thinspo!!!!! The male lead who is the 'womanizer' is freaking gorgeous and the gay artistic director is an absolute psychopath that I adore! I can't wait to see where this goes and what everyone else thinks!

I'd forgotten Ben Daniels was the artistic director in it until I watched it yesterday. He's great.

I thought it was really good too; can't wait for the next one.

I'd never heard of this but reading what you guys say sounds like it'll be right up my alley! I guess I know what I'm watching tonight

thank you so much for the great tip. I adored the first episode! So excited what's going to happen! I love the whole concept and the darkness to the story as well as the general atmosphere of the show so far!

Just FYI ladies, they released all 8 episodes so just thought y'all might like to binge on these episodes instead of anything fattening:drama:

I binged the whole thing this weekend and loved it. I'm a sucker for any ballet movie, though.

There were some seriously twisted subplots in there! I don't want to spoil it for anyone but gah....the brother!

There were some seriously twisted subplots in there! I don't want to spoil it for anyone but gah....the brother!

He really was messed up, but I thought he was nicely balanced out by Romeo's character. He was awfully sweet..... for the most part.

I now adore Irina Dvororenko after watching this series; great thinspo and her character was by far my favourite.

He really was messed up, but I thought he was nicely balanced out by Romeo's character. He was awfully sweet..... for the most part.

I now adore Irina Dvororenko after watching this series; great thinspo and her character was by far my favourite.
She was absolutely amazing!!! I only hope to be that beautiful at 44!!!

Ok I know I'm late to the party but as I'm out of the States at the moment I had no idea when this was coming on. I saw the trailer months ago and was super excited by it. Thanks @Fast for this thread!

Spoilers for episode 3 (sorry, I don't know if there's a spoiler tag for SG):

Holy fuck her just climbing on that fucking stage to strip was not only illegal, but highly unprofessional. A strip club is not a goddamn play park, had that happened in real life Claire would have been blacklisted so hard her teeth would hurt. And it wasn't sexy AT ALL. So you took off your sweater, shimmied a little bit and showed your granny panties off, big deal. Uhg. So frustrating. That one scene completely took me out of the show.

Spoilers for episode 3 (sorry, I don't know if there's a spoiler tag for SG):

Holy fuck her just climbing on that fucking stage to strip was not only illegal, but highly unprofessional. A strip club is not a goddamn play park, had that happened in real life Claire would have been blacklisted so hard her teeth would hurt. And it wasn't sexy AT ALL. So you took off your sweater, shimmied a little bit and showed your granny panties off, big deal. Uhg. So frustrating. That one scene completely took me out of the show.
I agree.....the stripping scene was totally awkward! I still kept watching the rest of the season tho. I actually got my husband to watch it and he's totally engrossed in it too

I binge watched this yesterday and loved it. Nominated for 2 Golden Globes!
I will say that there were many scenes that were awkward and totally not based in reality- case in point, Romeo. While I'd love to think that there could be a homeless steward of a building in NYC, I've yet to hear of one.
But the thinspo on this show! Irina Dvororenko is simply flawless. I agree with you @vanitas - her character, Kira was the most intriguing and I'd watch a show about her. I also love how they wrote Mia and delved under her bitch facade.
While part of me is sad that this is only a mini-series and would have loved a season 2, the way that the story ends summed up everything perfectly for me and oddly enough I was happy with it. Definitely watching it again.