Fitness Forums?

T

Tami

Hey ladies!

I was wondering if any of ya'll have any suggestions for a forum similar in format to SG that centered on fitness? I love interactive websites like this, but so far the majority of fitness-minded sites are very much geared toward more masculine/bodybuilding aspirations.

There's femalefitnessforum.com, but the member activity on there is pretty slow, I feel like there has to be something better out there.

Thanks in advance :kiss:

@Tami, I haven't found any that are generally that useful or active, and like many places not here, they will often tear into you for not eating enough/wanting to be skinny/etc., unfortunately. If you're just looking to read discussions and contribute but aren't necessarily tied to a forum type approach, I'd actually try xxfitness on Reddit - there's a lot of range in the discussions, people who have different goals/types of exercise, and it can be helpful especially if you're trying to design a routine or want to know more about certain types of fitness programs, but it definitely doesn't provide the "community" type atmosphere like a forum has. It's a place I often start for ideas and research for fitness stuff, so you might find it helpful, you might not.

Otherwise, if you are looking for a place to have specific questions answered or something like that, you can always shoot me a PM and pick my brain if you'd like. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey ladies!

I was wondering if any of ya'll have any suggestions for a forum similar in format to SG that centered on fitness? I love interactive websites like this, but so far the majority of fitness-minded sites are very much geared toward more masculine/bodybuilding aspirations.

There's femalefitnessforum.com, but the member activity on there is pretty slow, I feel like there has to be something better out there.

Thanks in advance :kiss:

Hi! I'm not exactly fitness
Per se, but I do a lot more weight lifting, Etc than most in the forum. if you ever want to chat, let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
@salander Reddit is the one corner of the internet I haven't ventured into yet. Thank for the the suggestion!

I don't know of any, but just curious - are you looking to leave here, or just find an additional site?

Just find an additional site. I hate to admit it, but I really like online communities and being active is also a big part of my life. It's just nice having different places to go to where you're surrounded by like minded individuals, whereas in 'real life' people judge you for eating little or going to gym twice a day.

@salander Reddit is the one corner of the internet I haven't ventured into yet. Thank for the the suggestion!

No problem! There's quite a few fitness based subreddits on there, but I'll warn you that the search function on the site is fairly rudimentary at best. It is a great source of info, stories and the like, though, and plenty of knowledgeable people who can help you out. Create an account so you can set up your own feed of subreddits and then you can gear it however you like (and if you want giggles, check out fatpeoplestories on there, it's addictive). Shoot me a PM and I'll send you a ton of links to get you started if you want. :)

No problem! There's quite a few fitness based subreddits on there, but I'll warn you that the search function on the site is fairly rudimentary at best. It is a great source of info, stories and the like, though, and plenty of knowledgeable people who can help you out. Create an account so you can set up your own feed of subreddits and then you can gear it however you like (and if you want giggles, check out fatpeoplestories on there, it's addictive). Shoot me a PM and I'll send you a ton of links to get you started if you want. :)

side note: @salander, I just looked up fatpeoplesotries and OMG it's like girls from here wrote them and will serve as an excellent timesuck this summer