Fiona Apple

I find it really hard to think she was beautiful when she was tiny because she developed an ED after she was raped coming home from school when she was younger. The song Sullen Girl references it a little...she just went through so much. I love Fiona Apple, her music is my favourite and she tells stories so well.

Reactions: 1 user
she used to look very beautiful when she was younger, but now she just looks tired and old. I think it's a result of all those years of ed.

She looks like she's on meth or something :/ it's really sad to see people with so much potential age like that.

I find it really hard to think she was beautiful when she was tiny because she developed an ED after she was raped coming home from school when she was younger. The song Sullen Girl references it a little...she just went through so much. I love Fiona Apple, her music is my favourite and she tells stories so well.

Yes and also "The Child is Gone". I always listen to those songs and you can actually feel her pain, its so sad, still so beautiful songs and music. I just love her and admire her for being able to open up and put her feelings and thoughts in such interesting ways in her music :luv:
Her song Never is a Promise still remains my favorite song of all times.

Yes and also "The Child is Gone". I always listen to those songs and you can actually feel her pain, its so sad, still so beautiful songs and music. I just love her and admire her for being able to open up and put her feelings and thoughts in such interesting ways in her music :luv:
Her song Never is a Promise still remains my favorite song of all times.

I definitely think she is one of the great modern poets/musicians for that exact reason. I like how unapologetic she is as well. She is gorgeous, and despite how she is looking now, I still think she's beautiful because she's a storyteller. :luv:

I just saw the recent photos of her and it makes me sad. She was so beautiful. She still is, I think, just haggard looking, and aged beyond her years. But after what she's been through, it's not shocking. She is still lovely--she had a beautiful soul and I think it shines through. Still, though, it is a shame to see what time and hard living can do a person.

'When the Pawn...' remains one of the best, angry breakup albums of all time :)

Fiona Apple is the first thinspiration I remember glomming onto, haha. I love her voice, love her lyrical style, absolutely adore the arrangements of her music (and have covered "Criminal" before, actually). It's sad to see that she's not as beautiful now as I remember her in her younger years, but I guess that's the aging process sometimes. She's taken a big toll on her body, it had to show up eventually.

Here is her addressing on stage her current weight loss and eating disorder past.

I can't embed it because I am traveling and posting from my phone. I have tickets to see her in about a week! I will let y'all know what she looks like! I am very curious to see.

Jesus, she really reminds me of some of my patients on opiates... the way she talks, how spacey she is, how she keeps rambling, etc. Not an accusation, but it just reminds me of some of the people I've encountered, and it's chilling.

Jesus, she really reminds me of some of my patients on opiates... the way she talks, how spacey she is, how she keeps rambling, etc. Not an accusation, but it just reminds me of some of the people I've encountered, and it's chilling.

She mentioned drinking and I know she smokes weed... But yeah people don't tend to space out like that from just alcohol. I'm curious to see her perform because she's been known to be so unpredictable.

Like some have said, Fiona Apple was one of my first favorite artists. She is def one of the best examples of a singer/poet with raw talent.

I know this thread hasn’t been updated in ages but listening to Fiona Apple’s new album which made me revisit her in her “Tidal” days (first album) and wow after watching/reading all the interviews with her, the immense amount of pressure she was under and her trauma just proves how fucking tough she is. I haven’t listened to her music since I was about 12/13 and I never realized that she was 18 when she first blew up. Glad she’s still keepin on.

Also anytime I need inspiration I just watch the Criminal music video AND BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING I know she had an eating disorder at that point in time.
8322B697-4F48-4839-A0DE-33152AE5D788.jpeg
12760602-B28C-4ED7-8F55-5CAAB1AE520E.jpeg
000EFFAE-00DE-42B8-BFEF-DA7EDC9A725F.jpeg
B191B55E-8BEE-4158-A807-F8887902A959.jpeg