Festival clothes for the Summer

L

Londonblackchick

I'm planning on heading to a number of festivals this Summer for the first time and need help picking out cool but casually coifed festival wears. I feel like shorts are a must, but not sure what else to go with it.

Anyone got any awesome festival clothes tips?

Take things you don't mind losing. Experience speaking here.

When I go to festivals I go to Oxfam and buy my entire wardrobe for like £10, and by Monday it ALL has wine on it/has been mysteriously ripped/disappeared while I was under the influence/got lent to people I don't even know/went in the mud/got thrown at the band/got set on fire. This includes shoes. I figure I'm going to look like a wreck anyway, so I just get some wacky threads for fun.

Don't take heels. You're spending the weekend in a field.

Take stuff you can fall over drunk in/drunkenly try to climb trees in without showing 100,000 people your knickers.

Take a big warm jumper, a pair of flip-flops, and some boots. These last are essential if you think you will want to go to the toilet at any point.

Take cool shades!

Which ones are you going to? Hope you have an awesome time!

Last edited by a moderator:

When I go to festivals I go to Oxfam and buy my entire wardrobe for like £10, and by Monday it ALL has wine on it/has been mysteriously ripped/disappeared while I was under the influence/got lent to people I don't even know/went in the mud/got thrown at the band/got set on fire. This includes shoes. I figure I'm going to look like a wreck anyway, so I just get some wacky threads for fun.

Take stuff you can fall over drunk in/drunkenly try to climb trees in without showing 100,000 people your knickers.

Take a big warm jumper, a pair of flip-flops, and some boots. These last are essential if you think you will want to go to the toilet at any point.

Take cool shades!

Those are actually awesome tips! I now I'm gonna be drunk but I've never understood the toilet situation, so thanks for the heads up with boots!

Take cool shades!

Perfect advice! I hate seeing people with their minidresses. wedges, and $1200 Kodak kit -- Assume everything you bring can get ruined, lost, or "borrowed". Basically wear (maybe cuter versions of) what you'd wear camping. And have FUN :D

Oh and one more thing... take enough clothes so that you can change every day, cos it might (will obviously) rain, and it is very miserable having to wear wet and muddy clothes from the night before. This makes a stinking hangover a lot less fun! And if you do get soaked, wrap up the wet clothes in a bin bag - otherwise the damp will permeate everything else in your tent. :facepalm:

Final non-clothes-related camping protips: take like 10 lighters, cos these disappear pretty much every time you use one and at some point you'll be desperate for a cup of tea, and stock up on baby-wipes, which cure everything, and that germ-killer hand-wash travel gel stuff that was everywhere during swine flu; the dirt gets EVERYWHERE! And take a flashlight, cos you will lose your beer. And a bottle opener. And a tin opener. OK I'm done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love festivals! I think I've been to around 10 now (yea i really love going). However I go in the US where it is super hot outside. Usually I just rock some cutoff shorts and a breezy tank top or even a bathing suit top. At least here, it doesn't look that out of place. I also take a camelbak (in case you don't know, its a backpack with a water pack in it) and that way you have access to water, plus you can put a small blanket in there along with sunscreen, camera, ect.
If you take your phone or non disposable camera, I always put mine in a plastic bag in case it rains. A good cheap pair of funky sunglasses is a must too. Sandles can start to hurt my feet if I'm walking around in them all day, so i like to wear a worn pair of sneakers like converse or just some slips of some kind.

I was actually thinking of trying this out on my hair this year what do you guys think: http://vimeo.com/39663022

sounds like you will have a blast, just go with the flow and you will be fine.

I'm tooo excited about festivals this Summer! I always see festivals as the best way to display skinny assets without people criticizing you.

I love festivals! I think I've been to around 10 now (yea i really love going). However I go in the US where it is super hot outside. Usually I just rock some cutoff shorts and a breezy tank top or even a bathing suit top. At least here, it doesn't look that out of place. I also take a camelbak (in case you don't know, its a backpack with a water pack in it) and that way you have access to water, plus you can put a small blanket in there along with sunscreen, camera, ect.
If you take your phone or non disposable camera, I always put mine in a plastic bag in case it rains. A good cheap pair of funky sunglasses is a must too. Sandles can start to hurt my feet if I'm walking around in them all day, so i like to wear a worn pair of sneakers like converse or just some slips of some kind.

I was actually thinking of trying this out on my hair this year what do you guys think: http://vimeo.com/39663022

sounds like you will have a blast, just go with the flow and you will be fine.

I'm not sure if I love this, but mostly cos I'm a fan of brighter colours, I was hoping for more brightness. If you get it done could you please upload a piccy??