Feeling fat

Tinuviel

Runt
Jan 24, 2012
I wanted to call this thread "feeling the fat", but it just sounded too gross :hmm:

So, what I mean is, I often get the idea that I can somehow feel the fat on my body, like it's alive and crawling under my skin and moving when I move but in its own way. I swear it's not as creepy as it sounds :grin: Or maybe like having an extra layer of clothing on, just the feeling of being covered in something that's not you (I think I keep getting creepier). I don't just get the feeling on the fat parts of my body (thighs!!!), but on my arms and torso as well, and I know that there's very little fat there. It really bothers me when I work or talk to people, or try to concentrate in general, and all I can think of is this disgusting sensation of fat covering all of me and weighing me down. I sometimes have to go check my stomach or my back to make sure I haven't miraculously sprouted love handles and a protruding gut.

Any other weirdos out there? Please tell me I'm not the only one :confused:

I know what you're saying!! Even though I'm not at my goal weight, i don't have a lot of fat I have more muscle so it shouldn't be a big deal but I always think about any fat that is there or feel like it's jiggling or something and everyone is looking at it but then when I look myself it isn't there--I feel more fat on my body than I see so I understand what you're saying!! It's quite uncomfortable actually and I find it distracting

I feel painfully fat lately (I've put on 2 pounds in 2 weeks..) and although I know that 2 pounds can't make too much of a difference, I feel like I've swollen up and I feel terrible and like I waddle when I walk :cry:

Oh god, I'm so glad I'm not the only one, I was beginning to think I was going nuts!!
For a while, I thought I might have body dysmorphic disorder the other way around and that all that fat is actually on me and I'm just not able to see it. Then I decided it was a crazy idea, but I still don't really know what to think about all this.
Paris24, I know!! The smallest gain or bloating and I feel like the obesest (probably not a word but idk) person in the world. I tried to think about it as motivation for further weight loss but it doesn't seem to lessen when I'm thinner.

Also, I see I managed to post this into the Online section. It was meant to be under Member Articles. I'm sorry.

Ugh I swear everytime I wear a skirt I feel my thighs pulsating

Ugh I swear everytime I wear a skirt I feel my thighs pulsating

Wearing skirts and shorts will forever be an unpleasant experience for me. I just CANNOT stand the feeling that my thighs are out on the open for everyone to see. They have to be absolutely perfect for that! I'm a big fan of disguising any flaws I might have so that the public eye can never see tem (therefore they don't exist?)

:cry:

Wearing skirts and shorts will forever be an unpleasant experience for me. I just CANNOT stand the feeling that my thighs are out on the open for everyone to see. They have to be absolutely perfect for that! I'm a big fan of disguising any flaws I might have so that the public eye can never see tem (therefore they don't exist?)

:cry:

I feel the opposite- skirts are fine, but I if I have a bad day, I hate wearing skinny jeans, it makes me feel so fat, because the material is so clingy everyone can see my fatty thighs :superpuke: I hate this feeling, it's so irrational but I can't stop it. It's like one day I look in the mirror and I look skinny, and the next day I'm looking at someone fat and disgusting.

I feel the opposite- skirts are fine, but I if I have a bad day, I hate wearing skinny jeans, it makes me feel so fat, because the material is so clingy everyone can see my fatty thighs :superpuke: I hate this feeling, it's so irrational but I can't stop it. It's like one day I look in the mirror and I look skinny, and the next day I'm looking at someone fat and disgusting.
I FEEL YOU! ugh skinny jeans are like the only thing that im constantly seeking the approval of haha
if they fit me ill be happy all day but most of the time they will just remember me how fat my tights or hips have gotten. its really a love/hate relationship.

Ugh what about the day after a big meal/binge?! Whenever my jeans start feeling a bit tight I get so freakin depressed for the rest of the day. And back when I was a fatty, I used to hate wearing jeans. It was either sweatpants or skirts. A pair of tight jeans felt like a constant reminder of how big my legs were.

On my worst body image days I get a tingling sensation around the top of my thighs and that "muffin top" area :superpuke:
And I know exactly what you mean by the skinny jeans thing. I don't wear them anymore. I basically live in tights, loose shorts and long tshirt dress.

I know what you're saying!! Even though I'm not at my goal weight, i don't have a lot of fat I have more muscle so it shouldn't be a big deal but I always think about any fat that is there or feel like it's jiggling or something and everyone is looking at it but then when I look myself it isn't there--I feel more fat on my body than I see so I understand what you're saying!! It's quite uncomfortable actually and I find it distracting
oh ma god I can relate to that... i have been so depressed for over two weeks beacuse of it. i was really worried about is, i have felt sick, and i really do not want to get an eating disorder. but now i lost 2 pounds, so i am not worried anymore. being on the road. :)

Ugh what every one of you girls have said. I have unfortunately rolled down a slippery slope the past several months after moving abroad this year for Uni, and have not worked out really in that time. I thought at first it was good because my giant leg muscles were atrophying, but now it just seems like it's getting replaced with fat! :( :( so yeah that's what I need a good kick in the but, literally because I feel so far as my underwear's getting tighter (tmi sorry) fat ass.
I get you all though. Sometimes I've noticed the fat feeling actually gets worse the lower your BMI, but that's really just because you're so close to "perfection" in a way, versus some really average-fat J-Law type of body where you have such a layer over your entire body you almost ignore and give it up. Ugh depressing. I will fight this feeling until the bones come out again, not to sound creepy :p