Favourite stores

• Thread starter Monochromatic rainbow
  • Start date
M

Monochromatic rainbow

I didn't see this yet but I figured I should ask.

What are your favourite stores for everyday clothes. I am a pretty thrifty person usually so I try to avoid brands unless they are on sale. Sorry guys. I like brands but don't have the budget for them currently. Especially not for everyday clothes.

To start off, I like these stores:
Suzy sheer
Stitches
Bench
21 forever
Walmart (for some sundresses and things)
Hot topic (some stuff)

These are a few that I wear fairly often. Keep in mind that I am from a Canadian town that isn't exactly privileged when it comes to fashion, so please be kind.

That said, I would love to see what everyone else wears on a day to day basis. Curious to see what the models have in their closets :)

I didn't see this yet but I figured I should ask.

What are your favourite stores for everyday clothes. I am a pretty thrifty person usually so I try to avoid brands unless they are on sale. Sorry guys. I like brands but don't have the budget for them currently. Especially not for everyday clothes.

To start off, I like these stores:
Suzy sheer
Stitches
Bench
21 forever
Walmart (for some sundresses and things)
Hot topic (some stuff)

These are a few that I wear fairly often. Keep in mind that I am from a Canadian town that isn't exactly privileged when it comes to fashion, so please be kind.

That said, I would love to see what everyone else wears on a day to day basis. Curious to see what the models have in their closets :)

i like pac sun, urban outfitters, zumiez, roxy, abercrombie, hollister, american eagle, anthropologie, macys, tj maxx, marshalls, polo

i also like consignment stores and thrift stores.

hmm...never heard of pac sun or zumiez. I'll have to look into them.

F21 & local org. shop for a certain type of oil
I'm going to be honest here... after reading the oil part I went back to the original post to see if I misread and this was about all shopping vs clothes.
tumblr_mhxaj6OTBq1qec4gro1_500.gif

How dare I forget the most knowledgeable skinny of all time.

I am a very basic person when it comes to fashion, and I definitely don't set aside much money for different clothing. My style could best be described as "slightly gothy utilitatian minimalist" (read: everything I own is very functional and 99% black or grey in color), so bear that in mind.

For jeans and tees and the like:
Old Navy (their kids sized jeans fit like a charm for me, haha)
Target
Ragstock (I think this is local to my area and not a major chain, but I love it)
H&M

For dresses, skirts, nicer clothing that I wear for major work functions:
Macy's
Express
The Limited
White House|Black Market (they carry XXS/00, which is really rare around here)

For casual clothing and/or stage wear:
Ragstock
H&M
Hot Topic (very rarely, though)
Cliche (local shop that is amazing but rather pricey)

Athletic/Workout Wear:
Chloe Noel (skating pants!)
Danskin
Motionwear
Adidas
Nike
Capezio

Most of my shopping, however, happens in thrift stores or online. I have become quite good at finding amazing "scores" when it comes to thrifty shopping, and I don't really care all that much about what brand I am wearing provided that it is well made and fits me nicely. I will often buy things very cheap and then spend more on getting them altered for the perfect fit or changing them myself in some way to make them exactly how I want them.

For jeans and tees and the like:
Old Navy (their kids sized jeans fit like a charm for me, haha)

I have never found their jeans to agree with me. Not even something I could really describe. Just more or less uncomfortable and I tend to squirm when I am in uncomfortable clothes. Always have. But hey, if they work for you that's awesome.

I like old navy for the tank tops they have there. they frequently go on sale so I'm a happy camper.

I love to wear men's t-shirts & sweaters, I get these primarily at J crew and I have some fun printed men's shirts from Urban Outfitters
I love J brand for jeans, Steve Madden for shoes, Black Milk for swimsuits, Nastygal for shorts, casual dresses from t by Alexander Wang, Theory for dresses & blazers, if I am really going to splurge I like Red by Valentino.
I buy lots of my clothes at Barney's, however I don't have very many clothes and I save to buy expensive.
My style is very variable. Some days I like to dress very simply, in all black, but other days I like to wear prints.

I have never found their jeans to agree with me. Not even something I could really describe. Just more or less uncomfortable and I tend to squirm when I am in uncomfortable clothes. Always have. But hey, if they work for you that's awesome.

I like old navy for the tank tops they have there. they frequently go on sale so I'm a happy camper.

Haha, the catch for me with Old Navy is that their women's sized pants have always failed to sit on my body correctly, so I understand what you are saying on some level. I think the way the girl's sizes are cut through the hip is way more agreeable for me, so I feel happy I'm a shortie and happened to try a pair on eons ago that made me realize that they worked.

I also adore their tank tops and am wearing one right now. :)

I don’t like to spend a lot of money on clothes because 1. I’m cheap and 2. Nothing ever fits, so I’m not going to spend lots of money on ill-fitting clothes.

But I like:
Hollister for jeans
Garage (only in Canada, it’s kind of like AE) for tops
Once in a while I’ll shop at H&M, they have t-shirts there that actually fit me (those ones for like 2 for $10)
Steven Madden for boots
Nine west for heals

I love Noa Noa, Esprit, Topshop and Cream, almost all my clothes are by them. I also love Anthropologie, Bench, some things by Juicy Couture and I used to buy a lot at Only and Vero Moda, though by now I don't shop there anymore.

*not sure if it's worth mentioning Dutch stores* :run:

but when I was visiting the States I really liked F21 and American Eagle.

For clothes:
H&M
Nordstrom/Nordstrom rack
Anthropologie
Top shop
Some stuff from Forever 21 (if I'm going out to drink and party hard, I usually ending up ruining something, so this way I ruin something cheap :))
American apparel
Thrift shops
Victoria secret

Non clothes:
I'm obsessed with Sephora
Ulta
Home goods :)

I'm so glad some of you mentioned Abercrombie and Hollister. Personally, I think their jeans are the best for me. I know a lot of girls would rather have other jeans without their labels but for me a good fitting jeans is better than what label is on the jeans.
I'm really lazy when it comes to shopping so when I go home I usually hit Harvey Nichols to get everything otherwise I pretty much order everything online.

I don't have a fave store.

Of the more or less international brands/chains found here I love

Zara (for pretty much everything)
Cos
H&M (for some things, seasonal stuff and such)
Mango (but some season they have really boring stuff and way to grown up style for me)
Vero Moda and Only

I go to Copenhagen several times each year and I always shop at

New Yorker (really cheap clothes, but I love the variety and their sports clothes)
Sephora
Top Shop
Victoria's Secret (is only at the airport)

I'm not sure if this chain is established outside of Scandinavia but Bik Bok is awesome.

I had 3 or 4 tanks tops from them that were white and some other colour thick stripes. I am not sure what the old renter put through the washer, but I assume it was a pen of some sort. It put blue on a bunch of my whites and nothing could remove it... So I now have 1 somewhere hidden at my boyfriends place... which basically means I will never see it again...

Some of my favorites that you can find in the States are: Zara (one of my favorites actually), H&M, GAP, Mango, Lilly Pulitzer, Armani Exchange, Capezio (ballet tights and shoes rip fast!) and Uniqlo. Century 21 and sample sales are also amazing to score designer in very low prices!

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I also like Forever 21, Juicy Couture and Victoria's Secret PINK. :oops: Well, fuck it, I'm young, no one will take it seriously anyway. :lol:

When I'm travelling I'll also usually splurge in something high-quality from Bloomingdale's or a piece of jewelry from Tiffany's.

I get my clothes from a range of places..I live in England but I order online a lot. I go through phases, sometimes i love treggings 'trouser leggings..basically skinnies but not jean material:) and big baggy jumpers which i get from Marks and Spencers. I also love 50s style dresses and cardigans which i get from Joules or Jack Wills, if I'm feeling like spending Ralph Lauren is nice. For casual thick knit cardigans and skirts, topshop.. If thats not varied I don't know what is :grin: