Favourite stores

• Thread starter Monochromatic rainbow
  • Start date
I get my clothes from a range of places..I live in England but I order online a lot. I go through phases, sometimes i love treggings 'trouser leggings..basically skinnies but not jean material:) and big baggy jumpers which i get from Marks and Spencers. I also love 50s style dresses and cardigans which i get from Joules or Jack Wills, if I'm feeling like spending Ralph Lauren is nice. For casual thick knit cardigans and skirts, topshop.. If thats not varied I don't know what is :grin:

Another Brit here! I also love M&S, particularly for underwear.

I travel to the States a lot, usually Florida, and there's this one outlet mall that has a Ralph Lauren Polo which has supplied basically half of my wardrobe - chinos, wrap dresses, cable knit jumpers, oxford shirts and cropped trousers. It's all so well made and what with the dollar/pound exchange rate and outlet prices, more affordable than most places back home :luv:

I also buy lots of Whistles, Zara, several of the John Lewis ranges, and get all my jeans from Abercrombie and Gap. For shoes, it's Steve Madden, Dune, Moda in Pelle and Marc by Marc Jacobs (I go during the January sales once a year :luv:). For more formal things, like cocktail dresses and formalish coats, I love Karen Millen. I like Monsoon (but only their A/W ranges) for everyday dresses and blouses, and LK Bennett for work wear and classic court shoes. I also swear by Accessorize for flip-flops. My bags are from Fossil and I have an olive green Barbour jacket with a gorgeous Liberty print lining that I basically live in from October to April...

This makes it sound like I'm a total shopaholic - I'm not, I swear! I tend to buy fewer clothes but spend more when I do. Some of my clothes and shoes I've had since I was 14 (8 years ago) and still wear. I'm pretty set in my style ways :lol:

I travel to the States a lot, usually Florida, and there's this one outlet mall that has a Ralph Lauren Polo which has supplied basically half of my wardrobe - chinos, wrap dresses, cable knit jumpers, oxford shirts and cropped trousers. It's all so well made and what with the dollar/pound exchange rate and outlet prices, more affordable than most places back home :luv:

I also buy lots of Whistles, Zara, several of the John Lewis ranges, and get all my jeans from Abercrombie and Gap. For shoes, it's Steve Madden, Dune, Moda in Pelle and Marc by Marc Jacobs (I go during the January sales once a year :luv:). For more formal things, like cocktail dresses and formalish coats, I love Karen Millen. I like Monsoon (but only their A/W ranges) for everyday dresses and blouses, and LK Bennett for work wear and classic court shoes. I also swear by Accessorize for flip-flops. My bags are from Fossil and I have an olive green Barbour jacket with a gorgeous Liberty print lining that I basically live in from October to April...

This makes it sound like I'm a total shopaholic - I'm not, I swear! I tend to buy fewer clothes but spend more when I do. Some of my clothes and shoes I've had since I was 14 (8 years ago) and still wear. I'm pretty set in my style ways :lol:

Oh my god! barbour..liberty..john lewis....were we seperated at birth :luv: I love all those things...chinos and big jumpers are the best in winter. And I swear I would live in John lewis if I could! I've never been to America so I feel I'm missing out on the stateside fashion, I'd love to go but I'm scared of flying:nervous: You have amazing taste though.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh my god! barbour..liberty..john lewis....were we seperated at birth :luv:

:kiss:

I love all those things...chinos and big jumpers are the best in winter.

I adore chinos. My boyfriend won't wear them which is a source of endless grief for me :lol:

And I swear I would live in John lewis if I could!

I live a ten minute walk from Peter Jones, the John Lewis in Sloane Square. It's my spiritual homeland... they also have a divine little tea shop :luv:

I've never been to America so I feel I'm missing out on the stateside fashion, I'd love to go but I'm scared of flying:nervous: You have amazing taste though.

I'm scared of flying too, but somehow the prospect of a week's sun in Florida helps me overcome it :lol:
You can get most of the big brands online, I tend to like shopping in the States mostly for the favourable exchange rate ;) I miss 2008, the days of 2 dollars to the pound. That was a seriously good year for my wardrobe :lol:

:kiss:

I adore chinos. My boyfriend won't wear them which is a source of endless grief for me :lol:

I live a ten minute walk from Peter Jones, the John Lewis in Sloane Square. It's my spiritual homeland... they also have a divine little tea shop :luv:

I'm scared of flying too, but somehow the prospect of a week's sun in Florida helps me overcome it :lol:
You can get most of the big brands online, I tend to like shopping in the States mostly for the favourable exchange rate ;) I miss 2008, the days of 2 dollars to the pound. That was a seriously good year for my wardrobe :lol:

ah I know, everythings so expensive! Thats true, but I have a hard time ordering online because of my oddly proportioned limbs :rolleyes: I see you like Kate Middleton too? I absolutely love her style, she's so elegant and lovely

Oh my god! barbour..liberty..john lewis....were we seperated at birth :luv: I love all those things...chinos and big jumpers are the best in winter. And I swear I would live in John lewis if I could! I've never been to America so I feel I'm missing out on the stateside fashion, I'd love to go but I'm scared of flying:nervous: You have amazing taste though.

Another meeee! I remember the days when dollar pound ratio was 2 for 1 it was the best. I'm waiting for it to happen again. Ha! Still, it's not bad for us.

I imagine I might have seen you. I'm always around that area!
Anyways, there is a outlet mall in the UK too, just outside London there's a couple and there's a couple in Paris and Switzerland if you guys ever go. So you can get your Ralph Lauren fix. I used to love Accessorize flip flops when I was 13, not anymore. I get hospital stuff from John Lewis and LK Bennett. Everything is literally from John Lewis for me. I used to get jeans from abercrombie before Hollister did size 23. But Hollister is smaller. But you can get stuff from abercrombie kids in the US or order online but shipping is like £9 (no kids store here) I also imagine you'd like Eric Bompard, it's right on your corner - King's Road. There is a Burberry outlet in Hackney although I've never been I'm scared to go to Hackney so I just stupidly pay the high prices from the regular store. I'd imagine you guys might also like Jack Wills and/or Gant/ Tommy Hilfiger if it fits unfortunately these are too big on me. Jack Wills has a sister store too, can't remember what it's called. But you can their stuff online and at Selfridges.

Another meeee! I remember the days when dollar pound ratio was 2 for 1 it was the best. I'm waiting for it to happen again. Ha! Still, it's not bad for us.

I imagine I might have seen you. I'm always around that area!
Anyways, there is a outlet mall in the UK too, just outside London there's a couple and there's a couple in Paris and Switzerland if you guys ever go. So you can get your Ralph Lauren fix. I used to love Accessorize flip flops when I was 13, not anymore. I get hospital stuff from John Lewis and LK Bennett. Everything is literally from John Lewis for me. I used to get jeans from abercrombie before Hollister did size 23. But Hollister is smaller. But you can get stuff from abercrombie kids in the US or order online but shipping is like £9 (no kids store here) I also imagine you'd like Eric Bompard, it's right on your corner - King's Road. There is a Burberry outlet in Hackney although I've never been I'm scared to go to Hackney so I just stupidly pay the high prices from the regular store. I'd imagine you guys might also like Jack Wills and/or Gant/ Tommy Hilfiger if it fits unfortunately these are too big on me. Jack Wills has a sister store too, can't remember what it's called. But you can their stuff online and at Selfridges.

Hey there! Those places are all amazing! I love burberry, but so far all Ive been able to afford is a coat and a scarf:oops: I've never come across a mall in the UK, I'll have to look into this...though I feel your pain with dodgy sizings. The only things I can get from the non size zero shops are jumpers that are meant to be baggy, though annoyingly my legs are a uk six not a zero so I can sometimes find more selection in some places. I don't own any hollister simply because most people I know at college tend to have it, and I always liked to dress in a bit of a 50s way for the most part, but I think their clothes look great on the right person (I'm sure they look awesome on super skinny you:bow:) Its great to meet you though, I really like your taste!

Hey there! Those places are all amazing! I love burberry, but so far all Ive been able to afford is a coat and a scarf:oops: I've never come across a mall in the UK, I'll have to look into this...though I feel your pain with dodgy sizings. The only things I can get from the non size zero shops are jumpers that are meant to be baggy, though annoyingly my legs are a uk six not a zero so I can sometimes find more selection in some places. I don't own any hollister simply because most people I know at college tend to have it, and I always liked to dress in a bit of a 50s way for the most part, but I think their clothes look great on the right person (I'm sure they look awesome on super skinny you:bow:) Its great to meet you though, I really like your taste!

mall in the uk or do you mean outlet mall? Malls westfield west at shepards bush and the new one on the east somewhere, haven't been to that one. There's bluewater, just outside London. Outlet malls are more tricky, not in London it's outside one is called bichester village and the other is ashford. There are others further but I've never been to those ones.

H&M (especially their Trend line is lovely), Topshop, Zara (however I do find their jeans and pants to be way too short. Everything is cropped to me :( ).

May I add that I really love every brand from the H&M chain? Weekday, Cheap Monday (their jeans are amazing), COS and since recently &Other Stories (their bags are amazing and they have great basics!).
Sometimes I buy clothes at Mango. They have a few great finds occassionally.

What more... let's see... I like to buy clothes at vintage shops in Amsterdam, in the nine streets...
Whenever I can I go to Amsterdam. I usually save up my money to spend it all there or I just order online. But when I'm in Amsterdam, I love to go to Monki. They have very ''interesting'' (sometimes too interesting lol) clothes. I also really like American Apparel, even though it's a bit too expensive for me, not to mention HIPSTER. But their highwaisted jeans fit like a glove and their nailpolish and beanies and such are super cool. Not to mention their cosy sweaters.

However I'm on a very tight budget so I mostly shop online, add everything to my shopping bag, drool for days, wait until it's sold out and cry my heart out because I'm broke. :lol: