Favorite Designers?

John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Christian Lacroix, Alber Elbaz, Haider Ackermann, Iris Van Herpen, and Elie Saab :luv:

Used to like Dolce & Gabbana (their mid-late 00s collections were great) but they're so shitty now.

Aw gurls, don't you just look at some celeb photos and want to cry? Why have you done this to this stunning Givenchy gown, Beyoncé? Why?!? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357341000.890702.jpg

I've only been getting into catwalk fashion over the last year or so (love of skinnies lead to love of fashion) but at the moment I mainly lust over Chanel, Elie Saab, Jason Wu, D&G, Marchesa, Valentino... And actually tonnes more... Fashions so addictive!!

Balmain (Olivier Rousteing and Christophe Decarnin), Giambattista Valli, Givenchy (Riccardo Tisci), Jill Stuart, Jil Sander, Carcharel (I know they’ve had many designers but I really like this brand), Kenzo, Victoria Beckham, Valentino, Lanvin (Alber Elbaz), Calvin Klein, Sacai, Victor & Rolf, Felpe Oliveroa Baptista, J.Mendel (Gilles Mendel), Elie Saab, Calvin Klein, Derek Lam, Mulberry (Emma Hill), Chanel (Karl Lagerfeld), Celine (Phoebe Philo), Chloe (Phoebe Philo, Hannah MacGibbon, Paulo Melim Andersson and Clare Waight Keller), Prabal Gurung, Vera Wang and Dior (John Galliano).
These are the ones I can think of for now.

I used to really like Moschino, Marni, Sonia Rykiel, Paul and Joe, Dolce and Gabbana but recently not so much. Oh and I used to love Luela before they closed down due to recession.

John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Christian Lacroix, Alber Elbaz, Haider Ackermann, Iris Van Herpen, and Elie Saab :luv:

Used to like Dolce & Gabbana (their mid-late 00s collections were great) but they're so shitty now.

D&G is a JOKE they just keep producing the same shit over and over again, we get it you love Sicily moving on now...although I'd same the Valentino I mean i couldn't probably tell their last three collections apart

D&G is a JOKE they just keep producing the same shit over and over again

Agreed. Even from a rookie perspective the last three years look the same from D&G. I kinda feel the same about some of Dior's gowns though, it's becoming a bit same-y.

But you have to admit that his Saint Laurant SS13 collection wasn't... that good. :rolleyes:

I second that! His F/W 2013 collection is even worst, what a disaster for such a big fashion house!

I drool over anything by Alexander McQueen (of course,) Comme Des Garconnes, Rick Owens, Zana Bayne or Ann Demeulemeester.
I love the dark but simple aesthetic. :luv:

D&G is a JOKE they just keep producing the same shit over and over again, we get it you love Sicily moving on now...although I'd same the Valentino I mean i couldn't probably tell their last three collections apart

The F/W 201314 collection was beautiful, though.

i have many! firstly, i love the designers from the golden age of couture. my favourite has to be cristobal balenciaga :bow: but i also like christian dior, hubert de givenchy and several others.

otherwise some designers i think are brilliant include yohji yamamoto, martin margiela (plus this season was my favourite since he left), olivier theyskens, alber elbaz, hussein chalayan, nicolas ghesquiere, dries van noten, ann demeulemeester, haider ackermann, rei kawakubo and of course john galliano and alexander mcqueen. also for haute couture: elie saab, giambattista valli and iris van herpen :luv:

Another favorite is Gareth Pugh, who reminds me of Alexander McQueen. His designs are sinister and dark and blood-chilling, yet elegant. His clothes are very theatrical, mainly because of the exaggerated silhouettes, and some pieces look more like 3-D art than like fashion. Which makes sense, considering he started off doing costume design in theatre. His earlier designs were much too extravagant for everyday life, but his aesthetic has evolved to become more commercial, yet still maintains a hard edge.

Please, just check out his S/S 2013 collection. I loved it.

some of my fave designs from him
00020m.jpg

00280fullscreen.jpg

00410fullscreen.jpg

00010fullscreen.jpg

00220fullscreen.jpg

00290fullscreen.jpg

PUG_0017.450x675.JPG

PUG_0176.450x675.JPG

PUG_0084.450x675.JPG

PUG_0070.450x675.JPG

Another favorite is Gareth Pugh, who reminds me of Alexander McQueen. His designs are sinister and dark and blood-chilling, yet elegant. His clothes are very theatrical, mainly because of the exaggerated silhouettes, and some pieces look more like 3-D art than like fashion. Which makes sense, considering he started off doing costume design in theatre. His earlier designs were much too extravagant for everyday life, but his aesthetic has evolved to become more commercial, yet still maintains a hard edge.

Please, just check out his S/S 2013 collection. I loved it.

some of my fave designs from him
00020m.jpg

00280fullscreen.jpg

00410fullscreen.jpg

00010fullscreen.jpg

00220fullscreen.jpg

00290fullscreen.jpg

PUG_0017.450x675.JPG

PUG_0176.450x675.JPG

PUG_0084.450x675.JPG

PUG_0070.450x675.JPG
I forgot about Gareth Pugh! I also love his designs. I also like some Tom Ford pieces.

John Galliano (his own brand & Dior), Jason Wu, Raf Simons (Both Dior & Jil Sander), Riccardo Tisci (Givenchy), Helmut Lang, Stefano Pilati (YSL), Alber Elbaz (Lanvin), Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez (Proenza) & Olivier Rousteing (Balmain)

Yes! You pretty much have my list down here.

I absolutely adore Proenza Schouler, though. Those guys are my fav.

Elie Saab and Yudashkin are amazing for the evening.
I love elegant clothes, like Chanel, Dior (their costumes:luv:), Valentino and YSL.
Gucci is lovely, so modern. And Hermes- oh my god, Hermes is the perfection. the handbags, clothes, shoes, accessories, home accessories, everything. So effortless yet so elegant and classy. And Hermes for men is just to kill for, I swear, if I meet a man dressed all in Hermes, I'm going to marry him (yes, I know, that's such a valid reason for marriage haha). There is just something about a man wearing a foulard, that is really hot and sexy (but that might be my little personal obsession haha).

I'll be honest - I have very little experience with fashion shows. I usually only watch them at the hairdresser's, although I follow some fashion blogs so tend to see pictures from the bigger shows. So my list is more a wish list - stuff I'd buy and wear the hell out of (I may be waiting a while :lol:). I prefer classic, feminine styles and don't tend to buy many trend pieces.

For dresses/formal wear:

Elie Saab - classic, feminine, intricate, fantastical - he knows how to make women look good. His window for the Disney Princesses Christmas Display at Harrods this year was my absolute favourite :luv:
photoharods.jpg

Also, he dresses real princesses too. And the true test of any wedding dress is: Can it be worn with a tiara?

wedding-6--z.jpg

Valentino. (Because, obviously :p) Emilia Wickstead, Amanda Wakeley (my trusty LBD is a strapless Amanda Wakeley number and it's divine), Alice Temperley and Jenny Packham. I love this particular Packham number so much it's my avatar!

kate-middleton-jenny-packham-may13-12.jpg

Classic investment pieces:

Mulberry for handbags (I'm saving for a Bayswater in Bordeaux, and like their smaller ones as well)

P00045991-BAYSWATER-LEATHER-TOTE-DETAIL_2.jpg

Burberry (There isn't much I wouldn't do for the glorious peacock number, but realistically I'm looking to get a beige, below-the-knee trench before next winter rolls around!)
If it's good enough for Anna...

Anna-Wintour-in-Burberry-Prorsum-Spring-2013-Peacock-Feathered-Trench-Coat-at-CFDA-Vogue-Fashion-Fund-2012.jpeg

Chanel for... everything. EVERYTHING. :luv:

Jimmy Choo - these gorgeous strappy beauties caught my eye on Net a Porter and have been haunting me ever since (also, my mum has a red patent leather clutch and matching courts by Jimmy Choo that I'm forever stealing/borrowing, and I just love them)

329930_in_l.jpg

That's all in my dreams, though. Generally, I wear a lot of Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Polo and Whistles. Alice Temperley did a great collection for John Lewis called Somerset which I adore. I can also make my Barbour jacket look seriously fierce with knee-high boots and skinnies... (I may spend more time in London than in the country these days, but you can prise my Barbour out of my cold, dead hands :lol:)

alexandre plokhov and dries van noten are awesome menswear designers. polar opposites of each other though.