Favorite Designers?

Super Star
May 11, 2012
My top 5:

1. JOHN GALLIANO :luv: - This man is a genius. No one will come close to his designs for Dior. His haute couture pieces are art, plain and simple. Love how over-the-top even his RTW designs are. He was perfect for Dior.
hbz-dior-couture-fall-11-blog.jpg

2. Alexander McQueen (RIP) - Another fashion genius. Had so much potential. His attention to detail in his designs is amazing.
karlie-kloss-2.jpg

3. Elie Saab - Can create beautiful gowns that look elegant and not tacky at all. :luv:
ELIE-SAAB-FALL-2011-COUTURE-KARLIE-KLOSS.jpg

4. Jason Wu - One of the most promising young fashion designers IMO :) Definitely deserving of the Future of Fashion award.
174874-13-6701.jpg

5. Domenico Dolce + Stefano Gabbana - Love the sexy Italian vibe their clothes have.
03.jpg

Karlie Kloss fan? Me too.

And my favourite designer is Elie Saab, he's not trendy or gimmicky, he just produces absolutely beautiful clothes. His couture collections are some of the most exquisite things I have ever seen, I would love to have one of his dresses for my own someday.

I like Alber Elbaz for Lanvin, perfectly structured clothing and clever draping. I like the colour palettes he uses, they are subdued yet vibrant at the same time. Elbaz makes his women look fierce and powerful and he has a great sense of humour too.

I like what Dolce and Gabbana have been doing with their Sicilian lace look for the last couple of seasons. Many say its getting old now but I still love it.

Elie Saab as well, Wildfox, Lauren Moshi, Elizabeth & James, Kate Spade, Tory Burch...

There are too many!

Anyone heard of BIRNA? -Icelandic designer, awesome quality clothes of wool.
vara495.jpg

I have to say Gucci, Versace, and Dior are my favourites <3

A few Chanel pieces ( 2.55, glasses, necklace) and I'm a happy bunny, Alexander Wang does some awesome stuff with leather pieces too . Gotta agree with Dolce and Gabbana's use of sicilian lace . Classy and edgy are great combinations :)

McQueen, Elie Saab, prabal gurung. Anything colorful and/or flowy!

Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton - Lady-like, yet fun
13.jpg

Custo and David Dalmau for Custo Barcelona - FUNKY prints
20.jpg

Matthew Williamson - Do you see a theme here??
34.jpg

Naeem Khan - Beautiful, detailed, restrained elegance
22.jpg

Junko Yoshioka - For making a luxury bridal gown that wasn't strapless, covered in glitter, covered in ruffles, or humoungous
21.jpg

I absolutely adore Chloe. I think when I reach my UGW my present to myself is going to be a pair of Chloe sunglasses and a Chloe bag. Expensive sunglasses and purses only look chic on thin women, otherwise they just look tacky.

Elie Saab oooooooh how I adore his designs, and how I adore him.

Elie-Saab1.jpg

Will I ever be able to afford one of his lovely hot cotours? I think not :(

Helmut Lang is my fav! I love that I can actually afford most of it too

Helmut-Lang-Resort-20123.jpg

Helmut+Lang+Pre-Fall+2011-2.jpg

Helmut+Lang+Pre-Fall+2011-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I have many favorites, but here are ten because I can't cram all my favorites in a 5 list (NOT in order):
1. Coco Chanel
Class, Style, Elegance. From the little black dresses to the quilted handbags to the pearl necklaces to the adorable buttons. Everything she did was elegance itself.
chanel%20-%20collections%20and%20creations.%20by%20william%20klein,%20on%20the%20banks%20of%20the%20seine.%20vogue%20france%201960..png

2. Christian Dior
I dream of owning vintage Dior so much... The only Dior I own is my signature scent Miss Dior Chérie haha. Anyway, I love his elegant and feminine gowns...
dior-couture-vintage-park.jpg

3. Hubert de Givenchy
Who can forget his glorious designs for the lovely waif-ish and delicate Audrey Hepburn?
Audrey_Hepburn.63153523_large.jpg

4. Alber Elbaz for Lanvin
I love those short, fun and colorful yet tasteful dresses. And I love even more when he danced to Pitbull next to Karen and Raquel!
lanvin-fall-winter-2011-2012-ad-campaign-1.jpg

5. Jasun Wu
Modern but ladylike, his clothes are very gamine and charming.
Wu%2B-%2BFashion.jpg

6. Burberry
Preppy, classic, invented the trench coat and I love the nerdy-chic Burberry skirt. It is so... nerdy yet fashionable at the same time. And when I mean Burberry, I mean both Christopher Bailey AND Thomas Burberry.
Burberry20103.jpg

7. Stacey Bendet (Alice + Olivia)
Girly, modern, tasteful and classy. A perfect mixture.
ALICE-OLIVIA-FALL-2012-RTW-PODIUM-010_runway.jpg

8. Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
I adore everything about him. His designs, his outspoken personality, his courage to express himself and his CAT!
Chanel+Runway+Paris+Fashion+Week+Spring+Summer+umbL5lpwmxtl.jpg

9. Kate Spade
Fun and color come in a ladylike package.
3814067753_be52f07103_o.jpg

10. Elie Saab
The look is a fantasy. It is ethereal. It is something the Queen of Fairies would wear. It is out of this world!
Karlie+Kloss+Elie+Saab+Runway+Paris+Fashion+wJM3z7ywdmBl.jpg

Oh drat. Didn't know I would have more. I'll add some more later!

Reactions: 1 user
Part II of my list!
11. Vera Wang
I swear, my wedding dress will be Vera Wang, yes or yes!
20090414_threeup_560x375.jpg

12. Oscar de la Renta
He dressed Jackie O. He is amazing.
Oscar-de-la-renta-resort-2011-05_runway.jpg

13. Valentino
Red, red and more red!
08style1a.jpg

14. Nina Ricci
Very whimsical and, well, cute!
6797912883_0e94d805b3_z.jpg

15. Carolina Herrera
The woman herself is so ladylike and carries herself with such grace... She's an inspiration! And you can see it on the runway!
Carolina-herrera-resort-2011-4_runway.jpg

Have I bored you already??? hahaha too bad. Here I'll mention some more:
Diane von Furstenberg, Salvatore Ferragamo, Miuccia Prada, Chloé, Nanette Lepore Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Max Azria, Donna Karan, Phillip Lim, Mulberry, Juicy Couture (can be tacky, but the handbags are lovely), Christian Louboutin and Salvatore Ferragamo! And so many more!!!

Who are your favorite designers? For me, I love Michael Kors. I don't know why. Ever since I was little and watched Project Runway with my mum and he was a judge, I loved him. He makes the most beautiful bags and shoes!;)

My Top 10 Favorite Designers (Part 1)

1. John Galliano
2ns0680.jpg

KarlieKlossDior.jpg

2. Alexander McQueen
85345741.jpg

493b.jpg

3. Iris Van Herpen
IrisVHerpenSS11-624.jpg

7C4827897C387EFC9D8F87C1E699B2BF_1280_1662.jpg

4. Elie Saab
14198_007.jpg