Faux Fashion

PetiteLapin

Grand Dame
Jul 22, 2019
🇬🇧
Obviously big designers have expensive outfits and unique looks. However, I’m not someone who is willing to spend over $2000 for a dress. This thread is meant to share cheaper (but still decent quality) versions of what is seen on the runway or being sold by the designers. Here, we can ask and answer where to find specific pieces in addition to posting when we notice a more affordable store carries the same design as a designer piece.

The one I have been scouring for is <a href=“ https://www.alexandermcqueen.com/en-ca/dresses/lace-corset-evening-dress-650282QZACG1000.html”> Alexander McQueen’s Lace Corset Evening Dress </a>.
BBA5070A-5C9A-4003-801B-1D42AFB44F43.jpeg
224D69BC-FBDF-422A-BAB6-7D135362319F.jpeg

Edit: sorry for the fair of a hyperlink. The toolbar doesn’t work on my iPad and I don’t remember how to code.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Obviously big designers have expensive outfits and unique looks. However, I’m not someone who is willing to spend over $2000 for a dress. This thread is meant to share cheaper (but still decent quality) versions of what is seen on the runway or being sold by the designers. Here, we can ask and answer where to find specific pieces in addition to posting when we notice a more affordable store carries the same design as a designer piece.

The one I have been scouring for is <a href=“ https://www.alexandermcqueen.com/en-ca/dresses/lace-corset-evening-dress-650282QZACG1000.html”> Alexander McQueen’s Lace Corset Evening Dress </a>.
View attachment 108729View attachment 108730

Edit: sorry for the fair of a hyperlink. The toolbar doesn’t work on my iPad and I don’t remember how to code.
How did you know I’m searching Alexander McQueen on Depop and TheRealReal right this very second? Am I being watched?

No, but really, does anyone have any sites to add to my list? I feel really out of the loop as far as fashion goes because most of my career has grown remotely during the pandemic. But I have my first Big Event coming up in a few months and I’m nervous I’m going to look cheap compared to everybody else.

I’m mostly ISO menswear-inspired pieces but also interesting structural silhouettes. I’ll post anything I find promising for the group!

How did you know I’m searching Alexander McQueen on Depop and TheRealReal right this very second? Am I being watched?

No, but really, does anyone have any sites to add to my list? I feel really out of the loop as far as fashion goes because most of my career has grown remotely during the pandemic. But I have my first Big Event coming up in a few months and I’m nervous I’m going to look cheap compared to everybody else.

I’m mostly ISO menswear-inspired pieces but also interesting structural silhouettes. I’ll post anything I find promising for the group!

The two Isabel Marant dresses I got were from https://www.tradesy.com/invite/peac...L&utm_content=RFL0001_9949376&utm_medium=link and since I am not currently in the US, I used https://www.myus.com/ to create a US address for me to put in. Then they will send me the package.

CC17A95E-E448-4BC7-AE51-B537E2463074.jpegDA0C3B2E-A175-490E-BEC7-9D92535DDB64.jpeg

These are the two dresses I got. I bought them for about 20% of the retail value.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
In general for designer steals I check Yoox every now and then. Some items I've got off there were a fraction of the retail price. Granted, lots of crap and terrible product photography, but with patience there are some absolute steals.
TheOutnet has some good picks every now and then as well.
Vestiaire Collective I've only ordered a few pieces from so far, but the service and condition of the items were exactly as listed and I was not disappointed.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if my match is too far away from the original piece but there's a currently quite hyped Zara dress and at first I even thought it was Zimmerman.

Of course, Zimmerman dupes have been around for a while now. Nothing new. However I found this specific dress has plenty of sophisticated details just like the original, and the material seems so good. On some pictures you can see a slightly shiny finish that gives it a little extra glam. The colours are very different (warm vs cold colour palette), however i prefer the cold colours better anyway.

Here it is:
Zimmerman Cassia patchwork dress:
zimmermann-cassia-floral-patchwork-mini-dress_16693742_33468786_800.jpg

Zara 2725/119 floral linen dress:
72d8dd97abe6edeeefe95fc016328cad.jpg
org.jpg

It has all the details that I love about the original one however I like the colours and the belt better on the Zara one.
Currently it is sold out everywhere but there's still good chances to find it on depop, vonted and such pages.

• Gross
Reactions: 1 user