Fat Pride Burns My Hide

S

skinnyhawaiiangirl

Has anyone seen THIS video series before? It's a documentary called "Fat and Proud"

*Warning: it's full of awful, ignorant FAT girls ... whales...*
Wow some parts of that video was really sad to watch. I thought the dance lady was ok because she understood that she was not at a healthy weight and found a way to bring exercise to herself and other overweight people.
For the rest, its one thing if your guy is attracted to your fat but dont expect the world to be. Little tight clothes on rolls is gross and uncomfortable to look at. I was eating when i watched d the video and had to stop. Eeewwww...

C

Cel

Okay, I am a current fatty that is literally working my ass off to become skinny. Despite my size, I am not stupid enough to buy into this "fat pride" crap. I'm all for self-acceptance but there is nothing healthy or appealing about being overweight, rolly, and doughy.

Yes, I am fat - but my fat cells are not in my brain!

P

Peppertea3

Has anyone seen THIS video series before? It's a documentary called "Fat and Proud"

I'm shocked! These people practially don't exist in my country! Yes, we have fat old women, but size what, 30 and above, is unheard of!

I've never even seen such fatties and here they are, telling themselves it's ok and even *good*?!

Hell yes, people should be more than just looks and I'm sure many fatties are hard working professionals (just not at the gym) with plenty of positive attributes. They should not be discriminated based on looks and they should not be ostracized.

But they *should* be encouraged to lose weight. At least go from morbidly obese to overweight! Size 30 is unhealthy as hell, no matter how the fativists delude themselves.

The most galling thing about this fat pride is that they try to make morbidly obese "attractive". No. Won't happen.

Weight preferences have fluctuated over the centuries, but a basic healthy shape was still preferred. Don't give me Rubens. Rubens was one guy with a preference.

T

TinyEmma

I think this is absolutely vile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ni05hLzZg

I had an episode of "Maury" on in the background whilst I was getting ready (trashy chat shows are my guilty pleasure) and it was about overweight babies.

I think that the woman in this clip is absolutely vile.... "Destiny weights 85lbs and I feed her all day long!" - she needs to have her baby taken into care or something. This to me is undoubtedly a child abuse issue. I know that sounds extreme but I truly believe it it.

I don't think for a second that babies and children should be kept skinny but I 100% believe they should be kept HEALTHY. As a child I was a real string-bean and I looked like I weighed about 5lbs, my sister on the other hand was a bit more robust shall we say (her nickname was the Pilsbury dough girl - but in a loving sense ha ha!) and both of those weights were healthy for us as children (she lost the puppy fat as she got older and has a lovely body now, I have since filled out a bit but am working to get skinnier).

I can't believe this woman thinks it's ok to feed her daughter 20 chicken wings!

Elise

Rookie

I had an episode of "Maury" on in the background whilst I was getting ready (trashy chat shows are my guilty pleasure) and it was about overweight babies.

I think that the woman in this clip is absolutely vile.... "Destiny weights 85lbs and I feed her all day long!" - she needs to have her baby taken into care or something. This to me is undoubtedly a child abuse issue. I know that sounds extreme but I truly believe it it.

I don't think for a second that babies and children should be kept skinny but I 100% believe they should be kept HEALTHY. As a child I was a real string-bean and I looked like I weighed about 5lbs, my sister on the other hand was a bit more robust shall we say (her nickname was the Pilsbury dough girl - but in a loving sense ha ha!) and both of those weights were healthy for us as children (she lost the puppy fat as she got older and has a lovely body now, I have since filled out a bit but am working to get skinnier).

I can't believe this woman thinks it's ok to feed her daughter 20 chicken wings!
Oh my god, that is so sad! And the kid is way to young to even understand what she is doing to her body. Isn't that almost child abuse, I mean.. Its horrible, how can someone do that to their daughter, how can someone seriously think that is good for their child?

fels

Rookie
That's horrific, the hormones and stuff in the meat alone are probably causing enough damage even before you take into account the issues she'll have from being fat!

S

skinnyhawaiiangirl

Oh my! That is sooo bad. I feel for the babies! I would never ever do that to any of my children.

highyoufly13

Banned
Banned

Omgosh this video was so funny. Especially the girl at 1:36 she takes up the whole entire table at the place "big girls paradise"

K

KeKo

Omgosh this video was so funny. Especially the girl at 1:36 she takes up the whole entire table at the place "big girls paradise"
The guy who said it was an "orientation" to love fat people was interesting. He made it sound like he couldn't help it. I don't get the attraction, obviously. It worries me that these girls are ignoring the health risks in obesity!

I didn't laugh, I sat there in shock!! :wtf:

Andie

Worker Bee
Can't get over this pictures. They are somehow disturbing and the first one looks as the fat woman wants to force the skinny one to have sex with her.

B

Bleuize

Is it just me or does anyone else think there is actually quite a big difference between the body on the plus-sized model and the bodies of the fat women in the documentary video? We cannot always categorize fat people into one group of disgusting unhealthy creatures. While I am certainly not aspiring to look like the model in the article, I can recognize that her body is not a size 20 and she is probably rather healthy (U.S. size 10 maybe?). The women in the video, in contrast, are clearly morbidly obese. I don't think both types of women can be referred to equally in the "fat pride" movement, do you?

Reactions: 1 user
L

lushhearts

Is it just me or does anyone else think there is actually quite a big difference between the body on the plus-sized model and the bodies of the fat women in the documentary video? We cannot always categorize fat people into one group of disgusting unhealthy creatures. While I am certainly not aspiring to look like the model in the article, I can recognize that her body is not a size 20 and she is probably rather healthy (U.S. size 10 maybe?). The women in the video, in contrast, are clearly morbidly obese. I don't think both types of women can be referred to equally in the "fat pride" movement, do you?
While I agree that "fat pride" aggravates me, I also agree with you that the model is probably MUCH healthier than the average fat/obese person. In the third picture she's hugging her legs (in high heels, might I add) which I think is an indication of her general fitness. Show me a fat/obese person who can do this, without struggling and I bet they'll have to bend their knees in order to hug their legs ... if they're even able to do it at all.

I do yoga at least once a week to improve my overall flexibility as it is a huge factor in helping to improve overall wellness (i.e. cardio is mainly to help improve your heart, weights are mainly to help improve muscles and flexibility is mainly to help improve overall health/wellness).

M

Miss Incognito

There is a certain body dis-morphia that goes on with some fat women. I am not saying all of them have it but I have encountered it numerous times. They literally believe they are not FAT (rolly) they think they are more like the plus size model -idealized fat woman. I have been accused of having an eating disorder by said fat people (I weigh 140) and told I need to eat and am obviously not living a healthy lifestyle..Meanwhile I could lose 5-10lbs or so and still be in normal weight range for my height.
I have a friend who is extremely overweight (over 200 lbs and probably around 5.2) She does not see this as a problem, she does not consider it a hazard to her health. She thinks I would be like her if I ate normally and did not quote: starve myself.

That is fat pride just gone too far, guess what healthy girls don't starve themselves they just know when food is appropriate