Fat People Stories

I'm so torn... having been fat before (204lbs of it) I know it's tough being that way and I don't want to look down on anybody because of their size, big or small. But on the other hand... these are inspiring me to never, ever be fat again :p

I'm so torn... having been fat before (204lbs of it) I know it's tough being that way and I don't want to look down on anybody because of their size, big or small. But on the other hand... these are inspiring me to never, ever be fat again :p
I agree! Having been waaay larger before gives me empathy, and it doubles the motivation to never go to the fat side

Reactions: 1 user

This thread on reddit makes a clear distinction between "regular" fat people, and fat people who are horrible, nasty, disgusting people. There are many people who follow the thread who identify as fat, as well! I agree, I struggle with the "looking down nature" too. So I am happy that they make this distinction.

I can understand where you are coming from here. Maybe it is different if you were actually overweight/obese at one point, but for me, having been much heavier than I am now makes me judge them more. I judge myself harshly for how I treated my body in the past and pretended like it was fine and stuffed food in my mouth and made all the excuses under the sun so that I could continue to shovel down any dessert I could find. Because I finally succeeded and found that all it really takes is hard work, dedication, and willingness, I've lost all sympathy for those that haven't taken steps to better themselves that don't like how they look.

I find myself looking at people who are severely obese and wondering if they are aware of their size and health problems. I thnk some have truly deluded themselves that nothing is wrong.

I find myself looking at people who are severely obese and wondering if they are aware of their size and health problems. I thnk some have truly deluded themselves that nothing is wrong.

My mom is grotesquely obese, so I have some experience with it through her. Yes, she knows. And in spite of my encouragement, she still feels powerless against it. I can't say that I completely understand, so for now I compare her mentality to my smoking habit... Just today. Just one more. It makes me sad because she's a beautiful person but she has never really been comfortable.

However, the way some of the people in these stories act.... :wtf: