Fat Acceptance, My Ass

E

elmas

This video, I'm in love with it. She makes some wonderful points, and I love that people in the comments are saying that she's getting through to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcqrbqPxOc4

Some good quotes from the video:
"You're not fat, you're morbidly obese. Morbid obesity is an epidemic!"
"Large and in charge, you are not."
"Be fat, I don't care. I don't infringe on human rights. It's not a right to be fat, it's not a healthy state, it's not what anyone I know wants."
"If I said to you right now, 'You can be lean, strong, healthy and well, love the way you look and feel'...'or you can be fat and fatter (because if you're fat at 29 you're going to be fatter at 39 if you start justifying this shit)', you wouldn't choose fat."

A comment that I liked:
"I am over weight and this video struck a nerve with me. The nerve that that has been sitting docile and "happy" with who I am. I dont want6 this life anymore. Its time for a f'ing change..."

Meh. I can see both sides. I think some people are overweight and healthy just as some people can be underweight and healthy.

Meh. I can see both sides. I think some people are overweight and healthy just as some people can be underweight and healthy.
Overweight and healthy, yes. Morbidly obese and healthy? Not so much.

I'd missed you girlies! Been so busy and then I come on and this is the first thing I see :) love it!!

What a preacher. :rolleyes:

She has much needed balls. Do any of you know what this rant was a response to.

Also: "Large and in charge"?! :lol: When did rhymes become an effective persuasive technique.

This is a great video! I love that she stresses the words "epidemic" and "disease", because I think that people forget just where these words came from. Being morbidly obese is in fact a disease...your body is not at ease with itself!

What a preacher. :rolleyes:

She has much needed balls. Do any of you know what this rant was a response to.

Also: "Large and in charge"?! :lol: When did rhymes become an effective persuasive technique.
I think, and I could be mistaken, that she was mentioned by some pro-fat blogs? Either that or it's just a buildup of frustration. I get the same feeling when I read tumblrs associated with big women.

I don't know anyone who is truly happy when they're immensely fat, and that's what she was saying. She thinks they're lying to themselves and others, and they may be encouraging young, impressionable people to let themselves go.

She has the guts to speak out what most of us don´t dare to. Thumbs up!

This was perfect! I loved it so much, but I couldn't stop looking at her throat though.
haha! me too! maybe it's cause she is all worked up?
love everything she said though. these girls go on about fat pride, but I don't know if they could be honest as say what it is- morbidly obese pride.. ew