Fast Food Baby (documentary)

The young mother, whose child had only ever eaten takeaway was so sad!

This just makes me so happy that my parents hardly ever let me eat fast food as a child. It was only on special occasions that we went to Macdonalds and we have never gotten takeout...

This made me cry. I can't imagine doing that to my children.

Worse still i see these children with their parents everyday asking for coke and mc donalds on the way home cause they were good and didnt kick up a fuss in the appointments.

When I grew up, my parents didn´t take me to Fast Food restaurants at all.
This is a really good thing, when I think about it now.

I was already 9 years old, when I heard of McDonalds, Burger King or KFC from friends, but they also said their parents only take them there for special occasions, like birthday, shopping day or something else.

That´s what I love about Germany; Fast food is considered an exception for most of us, like when you have only little time during work or school, or you´re too lazy to cook, or just having a nice day downtown shopping.
(I can´t really say how it is with people in bigger cities, since I´m from a more rural region)

I will definitely raise my son (1,5 years old) to know that Fast food is an exception limited to only few days during the year. He will get to know that stuff (I don´t want to be that kind of overly sheltering Supermom who keeps their kids from everything unhealthy and "bad"), but I will tell him that Burgers, Fries etc. are to be consumed only on rare occasions and that they´re actually unhealthy.

I remember eating what I wanted as a kid. I went through whole bags of cooler ranch doritos and I was tiny. However I think for all the junk food, I was still introduced to some healthy options and I was a super active kid. I loved brocolli from an early age. Overall my diet was pretty unregulated as a kid and I never had became fat or obese.
So I think its kind of what you all are saying, there are a lot of factors but these parents seem to be on some kind of agenda.

Weird memory when I was growing up though was saying I didn't want to eat something cause i would get fat ( i think i was 7, not sure where this idea of getting fat came from) but I was promptly told that if I got much skinnier my head would look too big for my body. haha geez thanks for that one grandma.

I couldn't make myself watch yet...
When I was a child I knew that I am allowed one or two pieces of chocolate after a meal. There was no discussion or fight on the topic, it was just the way the things was. When I wanted Coke, my dad would jokingly ask - "Have we drunk Coke this month already? You have to wait two more weeks for another one, kiddo."- And that's it. Same with crisps. Sweet rolls were allowed on summer holidays, on a beach or after a hike, occasionally. Fast foods were a rare treat, and even then we chose sth like pizza, rather than McDonalds.

I wasn't unhappy or deprived, this was how the things were. I was taught that eating more than two pieces of chocolate or one scoop of ice cream is too much for a kid and I have never thought of questioning that. They allowed me to eat unhealthy things - but at the same time they educated me, explained that those things are unhealthy and if I really want them, I can have them, but just once in a while and a little. And if I get a treat, I have to share with everybody.

Yeah, there was less ads, fast foods and everything, especially in Poland. But well, I had cousins and friends, too :). And when my cousins were stuffing their faces with the entire chocolate bar just to show me that they have it, I couldn't care less.