Fashion-websites & media sources

Moon

Rookie
Sep 28, 2012
Forgive me if a thread like this already exists, I couldn't find anything.

I was wondering where all of you girls look for your continuous updates on the state of fashion, collections, trends and inspiration. Lately I've been having a hard time finding great new source material online, and I realized, where else to ask but here among fashion lovers and industry insiders? I'd love some new source material to educate myself further, and I would also LOVE to see some more historical material.

I'll also post some of my noteworthy sources & websites, but I'd love to check out anything that you girls deem interesting and/or inspiring. I'd also love to see some blogs (anything goes except for the Blond Salad).

Things I check out frequently are the Business of Fashion, the YT channel of I-D mag, sometimes the NYTimes Style Section, Vestoj (they do some amazing critical pieces on fashion/trends), and some blogs that I love include Love Aesthetics and Le 21ème. I used to be into The Man Repeller, too, but I don't frequent her as much anymore.

Reactions: 1 users
some favorites that come to mind for both beauty/fashion and art/culture
print: Purple (more like a coffee table book/bible than a magazine but whatever), CR Fashion Book, Schon, L'Officiel, NYT style, Paper, Office, Autre Magazine, Wonderland, Oyster, Lula
online (i tend to view instagrams more than websites for the content, but some websites have good writing): Garage magazine/vice/i-D, Man repeller, Refinery (sometimes), Into The Gloss, Bullett (RIP), WWD, Lisa Says Gah's moodboards

These are some of my favourites that have everything culture (trying to avoid anything mentioned previously):
- The Cut
- Vanity Fair (Vanities section for fashion)
- WWD
- The New Yorker
- W Magazine
- StyleCaster
- Tatler

Fashion/beauty only:
- Coveteur
- Violet Grey
- Who What Wear
- Bag Snob

Writing & satire:
- McSweeney's Internet Tendency
- The Paris Review

I am also obsessed with the instagram @diet_prada, it's all about the fashion industry and absolutely hilarious.

But much of the time I feel like Skinny Gossip is all I need. :kiss:

I literally only use Skinny Gossip and The Fashion Spot regularly. Everything else I find & read is completely random and often on a whim, so this thread is perfect!

I’ve been looking for more focussed material and all of these suggestions are great, so thanks :luvluv:

I can't like posts but thank you @espressoenthusiast and @angelalamode for the wonderful suggestions. You also enlisted a few of my favorites! :luv:I didn't know Garage but it seems like just the thing I was looking for to add to my repertoire.

Also, I don't know if you girls know http://the-talks.com/ but they offer huge variety of short interviews with artists, designers, celebrities, musicians, writers, etc.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Tagwalk, “the fashion search engine”, saves so much time if you’re tired of searching through tons of photos on Vogue Runway / sites like the ones above.
They have links to items straight from the runway:
img%5D

Every season, rankings of top models:
img%5D

and trends (based on how frequently the keywords come up):
img%5D

You can do an advanced search on a model’s profile:
img%5D

They also have street style and a great “news feed”.

• Useful
Reactions: 8 users