Fashion sins

S

Scarlet

Time to confess :grin:

Have you ever bought and worn something that makes you want to go back in time and slap yourself for that?

I´ll start:
I´m still considering myself a metal fan, but I don´t take it to the edge anmore. Anyway, some years ago, I was totally into the army-print throusers + Doc Martens boots + Band-shirt/hoodie look (my ex-bf used to dress like this, so I fell for that look- until I realized it looks completely ridiculous on women)
Why did I even lose the weight and worked out, when I hid the results behind man clothes? :wtf:

Ugh yes I was into the punk rock thing in high school.. Bleached my hair, cut it pixie style and dyed it HOT F*CKING PINK.

I wish I could redo high school!

In my high school days I was a skinny thing, and I found the confidence I lacked in junior high, so I took my clothes too far. I'd wear a short skirt or dress, high heels, and a tight shirt. I thought I looked so hot at the time, but I roll my eyes at myself now.

I'd even wear these things in the snow. I don't know how I avoided freezing to death, Idaho doesn't go well with open toed shoes.

I still dress somewhat "alternatively" (I have an undercut, I love my boots, most of my wardrobe is black because, hey, it's easy peasy to match an outfit), but in high school I went through a horrid phase of... Ugh, can't even bring myself to say it... the scene kid look.

My hair's been every colour of the rainbow, and it was cut like this (yes, that's a man) for my 11th and 12th years -->

oli-sykes--large-msg-121768609236.jpg

So yeah, that was unfortunate. But hey ho, it kind of directed me to my current style, in which I'm comfortable enough in my femininity to wear dresses and such but happy enough being "different" that I still go for the alt styles, so there you go!

My worst fashion faux-pas happened when I was at my fattest. When I was 125 I got in the habit of wearing leggings a lot which weren't the best look for me but it wasn't terrible. The problem with only wearing leggings with either dresses, tank tops, or sweaters, is that it's hard to tell when you're gaining weight. It's not like they're going to feel tight! I managed to get up to 145 convincing myself that I still looked fine, not skinny but not fat, and that the scale was off and the extra 20 lbs was water and muscle weight until I saw a picture of me on fb. Oh my goodness. Now even when I get to 125 or under, I don't wear leggings. It's not safe!

I never used to dress myself properly when I was fat because I believed I was so ugly that to wear nice clothes was to put myself out there. So I shaved my hair off/kept a crew cut, and wore either leggings or unflattering jeans and cheap men's T-shirts. Yeah. No wonder I was an ugly shit with that attitude!

A couple of years ago I got one of those faux fur coats which all the indie girls wear. I thought I was so cool at the time but now I realise how hideous those things are, bulky and shapeless.

Ugh yes I was into the punk rock thing in high school.. Bleached my hair, cut it pixie style and dyed it HOT F*CKING PINK.

I wish I could redo high school!
I've had hot pink hair and keep hot pink streaks in my hair ... I love hot pink, think it's awesome :p

BUT pixie cuts, I have decided, suit NOBODY.

Reactions: 1 user
I never used to dress myself properly when I was fat because I believed I was so ugly that to wear nice clothes was to put myself out there. So I shaved my hair off/kept a crew cut, and wore either leggings or unflattering jeans and cheap men's T-shirts. Yeah. No wonder I was an ugly shit with that attitude!

Same story. :nopity:

I've had hot pink hair and keep hot pink streaks in my hair ... I love hot pink, think it's awesome :p

Dies a little inside.....

I love my pixie cut, and get heaps more compliments now I've chopped all my hair off.

Oh my god, I don't even know where to start :p

Once I shaved off my eyebrows and painted them on with eyeliner (!!!!)

For my hair I think I have tried almost everything: mohawk, blue, pink, bald (!!!), black, white.. you name it.

I used to wear punk rock clothing as well. I still mostly wear black, but it is in a much more feminine and classy way now. :oops:

Oh my god, I don't even know where to start :p

Once I shaved off my eyebrows and painted them on with eyeliner (!!!!)

For my hair I think I have tried almost everything: mohawk, blue, pink, bald (!!!), black, white.. you name it.

I used to wear punk rock clothing as well. I still mostly wear black, but it is in a much more feminine and classy way now. :oops:

Sounds a little like me. (Also the eyebrows thing :facepalm:

Haircolors: Black, blonde, red, orange, violet... recently it´s black with a blue streak (I wonder if I´m going to be ashamed of that in the future? :confused:)

Well, being a rebellious teenager comes with a prize, I guess

For me its the same with hair...I have thick curly/wavy hair and it looks good when its very long. But well...I managed it to make it look horrible *laughs*

When it was very long (nearly down to my hips) I just put 3 different colours in it, I cut bangs that were too short and afterwards I one day just decided to cut if off so that it was not even shoulder length, it grew again but then I had an undercut, after that I bleached it like there was no tomorrow to dye it strawberry red and so on :lol: Finally last summer my hair was completely damaged and until a month ago maybe I had to cut it again and again to get rid off the totally destroyed bleached crap plus all my strange bangs, undercuts, layers and whatever need to grow out so that I have all kinds of lenghts in my hair. So I made the decision to not cut anything until 2014, I even made a bet on that :lol: To stay motivated I look at old pictures of my long curls to stay away from scissors, bleach and so on. The only thing I allow myself is to dye it black ;)

So I would say my worst fashion sin is my hair at the moment ;)

For other stuff...well I have a fatal love for very short skirts and in the past I looked awful sometimes cause I didn´t know that if you wear a short skirt, the rest of your outfit has to be edgy. When I was a teenager I had a love for glamrock clothes for a short period before returning to my mostly dark wardrobe. It was horrible, but these days I find it really funny when I see pictures.

Eyebrows: Ooooh goood, when I was a teenager I left my hair alone for a long time after I dyed it violet once and my mother freaked out, but then I plucked my eyebrows so much that they were nearly non existent and I looked like a clown. It gave me a look like something was wrong with my face...it looked sick and stupid really. I have to say I have thick and black eyebrows naturally though I have very pale skin and my eyes are not very big, so my eyebrows give my face a kind of shape/contrast and are very important. It took me a long time to get them back in shape :rolleyes:

Sounds a little like me. (Also the eyebrows thing :facepalm:

Haircolors: Black, blonde, red, orange, violet... recently it´s black with a blue streak (I wonder if I´m going to be ashamed of that in the future? :confused:)

Haha, you never know ;)

Oh definitely hot pink hair is hot bit yes. The pixie cut. .:hides under a blanket:.

I used to wear a lime green mesh jacket/hoodie hybrid. It was terrible! And I wore it everyday. I don't think I'd slap myself; I'd probably cane myself!

yes, i regret it
13740_105352962813708_7125615_n.jpg

Is this you or just an example?
Well, the frilly skirt & leo top are both uhm... not that pretty, I hope you either burned them or threw it away! :grin:
Either way, judged by your avatar you look way better now.