Fashion No No

@SatelliteEyes

How to kill a pair of beautiful boots:

8w0bc5.png

Omg, Wtf are those? Ew!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and last one i swear--but what are people's thoughts on that wearing silk pjs as actual clothing trend that celebrities are all over these days?:wtf:

Can't stand pj's as pants! Maybe the celebrities can pull it off (maybe.) but on normal people it looks sloppy, lazy and depressing. I see it all the time, usually flannel - plaid or with cartoon characters. I don't get it and want it to stop.

@SatelliteEyes

How to kill a pair of beautiful boots:

8w0bc5.png

you got that right. Those boots were gorgeous!
edit: you know i actually don't mind them, if they weren't spikey, and just blunt studs, it might look ok

Sorry for the double post but does anyone read The Fashion Police Blog? It's so damn funny, if you haven't seen it check it out because everything on there is real stuff people actually think are on trend.

http://www.thefashionpolice.net/

here's some things from it:

hairy-shoes.jpg

ghost-shoes.jpg

white-sweater-pants.jpg

urinal-dress.jpg
(YES this really IS what you think it is)

ugly_prom_dress777.jpg

THIS is just the biggest crime out there. period.

Comfy+Fashion+Crime_1.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
This is more my own personal quirk than anything else, but I hate mixing black with brown! It's the worst. If I'm wearing a lot of black I will not wear my brown shoes under any circumstance, and vice-versa. I see it as mixing genres of clothing, because when I wear brown I'm going for a more down-to-earth look and I see black as very sleek and clean, more for my grungier looks.

This is more my own personal quirk than anything else, but I hate mixing black with brown! It's the worst. If I'm wearing a lot of black I will not wear my brown shoes under any circumstance, and vice-versa. I see it as mixing genres of clothing, because when I wear brown I'm going for a more down-to-earth look and I see black as very sleek and clean, more for my grungier looks.

I use to have the same quirk... but now I mix... black shorts with a brown and black striped tunic sweater

I use to have the same quirk... but now I mix... black shorts with a brown and black striped tunic sweater

That seems like my worst nightmare! I wish I could do it, other people pull it off just fine, I just can't do it myself.
I thought up a list of other personal fashion faux-pas:

• Zebra print
  • "Aztec" and "navajo" inspired prints
  • Velour/fleece
  • Pleather that looks + feels cheap
  • Ed Hardy
  • Large hoop earrings
  • "Antique-styled" jewelry (new jewelry that is given an olden look but looks like it was given a bad paint job)
  • Seeing bra straps
  • Items that are cheaply studded

Leggings and floral make me want to die. And I am so tired of seeing these indie hipster wannabes they make me want to weep. You know this whole thing of wearing glasses frames and tribal leggings ewww
WTF??
black-awang-boots-red-tribal-leggings-thrifted-tights-dark-gray-thrifted-bag_400.jpg

@classichic, You just described the apparel of most Americans!! Hahaha.. I hate overweight people in leggings, very neck tops that show the longest crevas of cleavage, baggy jeans on guys that show their underpants and finally, as a girl in socal, I can't stand those Justin Timberlake hats. Ugh...

Also the British ;)

My dad says that fashion was created to make pretty girls look ugly :)

- leggings with denim skirt
l.jpg

I remember how it got popular a few years back and every second girl had these on...
And what follows, leggings in general.

- 99% of animal prints.
When I think of them, I see something like this:
katiepoloBAR_450x640.jpg

- belly baring outfits when a) you don't have perfect body for this b) when it's not appropriate (99% of time)
images

- Short and cleavage'y at the same time(when meant to be sexy, not as summer vacation outfit)
8c37_Christina-Aguilera-weight-gain.jpg

- Nerdy (hipster) glasses: there is about 0.01% of people who look good in them. Most of the time they just make you ugly.

Anne-Hathaway-rocks-nerdy-glasses.jpg

I'll probably come up with some more soon :)

[*]Seeing bra straps [/LIST]

what is reeeeeeally unforgiving is wearing a neckholder top with a normal bra under it. I've seen soo many girls in this and it's just freaking me out. I also don't like it when girls are dressed rather chic from the head to the legs and then they're wearing trainers/sneakers. And then they go dancing in a club. That's just not acceptable.

I also don't like this whole hipster cult. Near our apartment is this kind of hipster-bar and these freaks are running around my street everywhere. With their tight coloured jeans, the flanell shirts and the bad hair AND what is the worst: Nerd Glasses. Sorry but what is cool about ruining your face with thick, huge, black frames around your eyes? To top all that the men are wearing full beards which is imo horrible

sorry. Mini-rant...

- Nerdy (hipster) glasses: there is about 0.01% of people who look good in them. Most of the time they just make you ugly.

Anne-Hathaway-rocks-nerdy-glasses.jpg

God, words can´t express how much I hate hipter glasses! :superpuke:

Really, on most people they look like the´re trying way too hard to be edgy or special.
That´s the curse of all clothes / accessoires that started off as some sort of edgy (anti-) fashion statement and it the end everyone seems to wear them.

This isn't really a faux pas.. but I think it's stupid. Guys who wear beanies when it's HOT outside. Don't get me wrong, I think guys look adorable in them. But when it's hot and sunny - leave 'em at home fellas. It's 80 DEGREES outside you TWAT!
tumblr_m06nd5eLs51r7fabto1_500_large.jpg

Reactions: 1 user