Fashion No No

Would this be "athleisure"? (@BluBla) Because I think it can be pulled off sometimes. (Sorry for the huge amount of pictures!)

I like tennis skirts:
tumblr_ng7cqjsEhV1tgz0zfo1_400.jpg

Fancy sports bras worn in lieu of a crop top:
wang1.jpg

& Random athletics-inspired bits:
tumblr_n7m9v1MfvG1r2oktuo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mzvh8yHFOu1s378rro1_500.png

tumblr_n1tzvfwszA1rkwd46o1_500.gif

Others I like:
- Black & White sneakers: (I'm loving this trend because I walk a lot and I have problems with my feet because of it)
- Nice, clean sweatshirts in black, white or grey.

Reactions: 3 users
@Peonies I do like tennis skirts! And I didn't hate all of WangxHM so I must like *some* of this trend. I'm not a huge fan of the last two shorts posted because I don't like the material, but I can see them being pulled off by the right person. It's mainly the sweatpants, which I think are just unflattering on almost everyone, and look slouchy and sloppy.

Reactions: 1 user
@BluBla I really hate those sweats with heels, but I actually love the athletic trend when it's done right, a la http://death-by-elocution.tumblr.com/ This is one of those things I understand people hating though. Those pictures you posted reek of fashion bloggers who try to hard, which makes me cringe too...usually regardless of what they're wearing.

@Butternut I freaking love tennis skirts! Is that first picture American Apparel? Check out f/w Lacoste. I used to associate Lacoste with prep which I'm not huge on, but maybe I like the tennis prep look? I don't know.

@Butternut I freaking love tennis skirts! Is that first picture American Apparel? Check out f/w Lacoste. I used to associate Lacoste with prep which I'm not huge on, but maybe I like the tennis prep look? I don't know.
I also love tennis skirts. I wouldn't wear one now though reminds me too much of my school days. I had to wear one then it was the only thing I pretty much liked from my school uniform (it was our gym uniform not the actual day uniform). I also think I would look like I'm trying to look young plus it's not really appropriate to wear with London weather. But, if you like it, you should go for it. I will always think tennis skirts are cool. But, so is anything tennis :).

I also love tennis skirts. I wouldn't wear one now though reminds me too much of my school days. I had to wear one then it was the only thing I pretty much liked from my school uniform (it was our gym uniform not the actual day uniform). I also think I would look like I'm trying to look young plus it's not really appropriate to wear with London weather. But, if you like it, you should go for it. I will always think tennis skirts are cool. But, so is anything tennis :).

I also went through 10+ years of school uniforms...maybe that's why I'm also such a fan of the pleats! I agree about the UK weather...though I've only been here for two weeks, and over half of that has been lovely! I'm sure it will change on me soon enough ;)

@BluBla I really hate those sweats with heels, but I actually love the athletic trend when it's done right, a la http://death-by-elocution.tumblr.com/ This is one of those things I understand people hating though. Those pictures you posted reek of fashion bloggers who try to hard, which makes me cringe too...usually regardless of what they're wearing.

Ugh yes, I get secondhand embarrassment looking at some of these bloggers' pictures. I'm still not a huge fan of the sweatpants -- I think it's just not for me, somehow. I prefer clean, straight lines and anything too "slouchy" makes me crinkle my nose. But I will admit that the link you posted has one of the best executions of it I've seen.

I agree about the UK weather...though I've only been here for two weeks, and over half of that has been lovely! I'm sure it will change on me soon enough ;)
We had to wear them outside in the cold/rain for field hockey. Ugh so cold had to wear tennis shoes and stupid thin school logo socks so you couldn't even feel your toes. Oh I do not miss my school gym days at all. absolutely horrible.
Anyhoo, you got really lucky with the weather right now but yes March is always a freaky month there's always a week/or two when it's really warm and then it gets super cold/April showers. Ugh!
otherwise, hope UK has been good to you :).

We had to wear them outside in the cold/rain for field hockey. Ugh so cold had to wear tennis shoes and stupid thin school logo socks so you couldn't even feel your toes. Oh I do not miss my school gym days at all. absolutely horrible.
Anyhoo, you got really lucky with the weather right now but yes March is always a freaky month there's always a week/or two when it's really warm and then it gets super cold/April showers. Ugh!
otherwise, hope UK has been good to you :).

Ouch, that sounds awful! I grew up in New York, so I also did my fair share of super-cold outdoor activities (walking, mostly :) ) in flimsy school skirts. But at least we weren't wet all the time...that's brutal.

I'm here till August, so I will get to experience the full spectrum of what the UK has to offer :D

re: sweatpants.
this is what Karl Lagerfeld says about them: "Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you brought some sweatpants."

Also @Butternut so much yes! Not just for clothes but for everything Ie home decor, etc. I love Pinterest and DIY crafts, but it really promotes all this cheap stuff for people to make.

Reactions: 2 users
re: sweatpants.
this is what Karl Lagerfeld says about them: "Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you brought some sweatpants."

Also @Butternut so much yes! Not just for clothes but for everything Ie home decor, etc. I love Pinterest and DIY crafts, but it really promotes all this cheap stuff for people to make.

Ooh, I love that quote. It encapsulates exactly how I feel about them!

And oops, I just realized I had meant to tag @Butternut in my last post!

@Butternut agree with cheap-half hearted DIY
I dont hate DIY when its done with good material (dont have to be new),sturdy and beautifully crafted
Cheap DIY seems like a waste for me because it looks so fragile and will torn apart easily when someone use it.

• 99.9% of all shirts with sayings on them (often they are so unintentionally depressing)
  • tumblr_n04zm2yi0L1qbgnguo3_250.jpg
  • all kinds of clothes for couples
  • POLKA DOTS

• "twee", wifey looks
  • TTIHaBD.jpg

• peacoats
  • high-waisted jeans + awful ass
  • BhRJW6zIUAAme5E.jpg

• 99.9% of all shirts with sayings on them (often they are so unintentionally depressing)
  • POLKA DOTS
  • "twee", wifey looks
  • TTIHaBD.jpg

• peacoats
  • BhRJW6zIUAAme5E.jpg

Yes to all of those but especially the twee wifey look, it's one of my pet hates.

@gemmwang Oh my goodness, those pants were bad enough when I thought they were leggings, and then I scrolled down past her knees and my face just went D:

• POLKA DOTS
  • "twee", wifey looks
  • TTIHaBD.jpg

• peacoats
  • BhRJW6zIUAAme5E.jpg
What's the twee wifey look?